Scott Foil - Westbrook Cycles

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Mine came with Ritchey WCS headset so it's nice to have the WCS stem and bars on it too - which is what I did. But there's no real reason - it's down to choice and personal budget. I don't think I paid anything more than half price for any part of my Foil.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • CGRenn wrote:
    Humm I do love the 2013 Model.

Think I'm going to take the plunge and purchase it sometime this weekend. Quite exited about the build now, Garden + Westmalle + Sunshine!

5% off bikes at Westbrook5 at the moment
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    I took the plunge last night and ordered a Foil 30 like the one pictured earlier in the thread. I'm looking forward to re-acquainting myself with the plasticky clickiness of SRAM Rival. I really hope it's as stiff as claimed and I'll be giving the "fast 'n' flat" Windsor run a bash on Sunday.
  • cgrenn
    cgrenn Posts: 206
    CGRenn wrote:

Think I'm going to take the plunge and purchase it sometime this weekend. Quite exited about the build now, Garden + Westmalle + Sunshine!

Humm is that off the sale items too?
  • richiegwy
    richiegwy Posts: 171
    Bit the bullet and ordered the Foil 15 silver with 6870 Di2. Looking forward to racing this as son as possible. To thinking I was consdering frames for this price and more and now I have a frame and groupset, what a bargain.

Silver is a change from the usual black or white dominant colours

And they guys support has been fantastic, questions answered quickly.
  • cgrenn
    What size did you get RichieGwy?

Im 5 ft 9 and seems like a M is best?
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    CGRenn wrote:

I got £58 cashback via quidco too on the £1399 frame and Di2 groupset package
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • schlepcycling
    loukir wrote:
    Can anyone recommend handlebars/ stem please.
    I went with Deda bars and stem the Zero1 stem and the RHM02 bars, both are black & red which matched nicely with the black&red bits on the frame
    http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/handlebar-stems-h-bar-stems-ahead-oversize-road-deda-zero-1-stem/dedahbss190
    http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/handlebars-h-bars-road-oversize-deda-rhm-02-bars/dedahbas720
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    CGRenn wrote:

I got £58 cashback via quidco too on the £1399 frame and Di2 groupset package

The Westbrook5 code does not work though.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • richiegwy
    CGRenn wrote:
    What size did you get RichieGwy?

Im 5 ft 9 and seems like a M is best?

I'm the same size and went for the medium. Dispatched today, looking forward to it.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Westbrook will happily advise you on sizing. They got mine spot on.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • CGRenn wrote:
    CGRenn wrote:

Yes
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    CGRenn wrote:
    CGRenn wrote:

Yes

But not on the Foil.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • richiegwy
    Got my foil yesterday, delighted but need a little help.
    As this is my first build does anyone have a step by step guide for installing the headset and fork (what is the order of bearings etc, what is greased etc)?
    Also a black metal part was in 1 of the boxes. I think it is a cutting guide but it has a flat plate on 1 end with foil printed on it and a block with a hole the same shape as the seat post with a horizontal slot and 2 clamping bolts. Can anyone tell me what this is for?
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    There is some good tips on the park tools website just go there and search what you need, also youtube can be your friend. If you dont know what your doing though might be best to get some help from a friend who does but none of it is very hard. The bit you mention ive no idea without a picture. I doubt its a steerer cutting guide, nor a seat post guide as it down not have an inter-grated seat post so not sure without a picture, if in doubt go to a shop for some help as some of the bits if you balls it up could work out expensive and negate the bargain that the foil is but with research on the park website its all oopn there but put w pick up when its done love to see it.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    richiegwy wrote:
    Also a black metal part was in 1 of the boxes. I think it is a cutting guide but it has a flat plate on 1 end with foil printed on it and a block with a hole the same shape as the seat post with a horizontal slot and 2 clamping bolts. Can anyone tell me what this is for?

Dual purpose cutting guide and seatpost holder (most bike stands can't clamp properly to the Foil without damaging it).
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • schlepcycling
    richiegwy wrote:
    Got my foil yesterday, delighted but need a little help.
    As this is my first build does anyone have a step by step guide for installing the headset and fork (what is the order of bearings etc, what is greased etc)?
    Try this http://sheldonbrown.com/headsets.html for the headset fitting.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • richiegwy
    1 of the mechanics from Westbrook called me and walked me through it so think I'm sorted now thanks.
  • Picked up one of these frames with Di2 and I'm currently picking up the various missing bits online and off eBay. It was too good a bargain to resist and means I can switch frames in the future as opposed to buying a whole new bike. Can't wait to get it built up and out on the roads this spring/summer :D
  • iwantblue
    iwantblue Posts: 134
    close up pics are required :) pretty please.... :D
  • cgrenn
    Anyone know any companies that do custom pain jobs on the foils?
  • keef_zip
    keef_zip Posts: 295
    Here is my Foil 15 Di2, courtesy of Westbrook (very impressed with them!). Weighs in at 6.75kg

14034120310_7e2bd7bda1_b.jpg
  • cgrenn
    Love the gold chain! What size is that Keef? and wheres the Battery?
  • keef_zip
    CGRenn wrote:
    Love the gold chain! What size is that Keef? and wheres the Battery?

It's a small. Battery is the internal Dura Ace one - stuffed in to the seat post with insulation foam. The internal battery is sooo much better, not least because you can charge up the bike without having to take it out.

Gold chain is KMC 10XL.
  • cgrenn
    Ohh isit Dura Ace Di2 or the Ultegra? Did a lovely job tho
  • keef_zip
    CGRenn wrote:
    Ohh isit Dura Ace Di2 or the Ultegra? Did a lovely job tho

Groupset is Ultegra 11 speed - works fine with the internal battery.

To be honest, the difference to DA 11 is a waste of time (and money). Saves about 100g.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Foil looks great, and a great weight too, especially with Di2
    Dangerously they still have those foils in stock at a great price! £749 mental
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • cgrenn
    Whats the Downtube like on the 15? Is it quite beefy like the new Madone 5/6/7 Series?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    The Foil downtube is sizeable but not massive.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • cgrenn
    Spoken to Westbrooks a couple of times last week. They are hoping to get the Foil Di2 Deal £1399 back on this week. Anybody who did it how hard was the build? or did you just send it to your LBL?