Finally, My Transition Covert 27.5 |Latest pictures page 11

1234568»

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Yeah they look easy enough to bleed so I thought I may as well keep them running sweet!
  • bennyy
    bennyy Posts: 141
    you can cut the hoses no problems without having to bleed, I have done it a few times on xt's and my current saints.
  • Very tidy looking bike and one of the better shades of green out there. Funny that the blue works well with it.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • ej2320
    bennyy wrote:
    you can cut the hoses no problems without having to bleed, I have done it a few times on xt's and my current saints.

Yeah I'm sure I probably could, but I thought while I'm there with all the cables out I may as well give it a bleed and keep it running well till next year :)
  • ej2320
    Very tidy looking bike and one of the better shades of green out there. Funny that the blue works well with it.

Thanks, I agree.. I think the brighter shades of green are better on bikes. The yellow/green yeti is the best IMO
  • sweet ride.
  • ej2320
    Time for a bit of an update...

Spec wise the bike hasn't changed at all, I've found a sweet spot and don't see any reason to change it.

However this happened..the chainstay snapped on both sides,
    image_zpsmqwowxlz.jpg
    image_zpstnxv6c9f.jpg

I wasn't going to upload the photos but after experiencing Transition with a warranty claim I am very happy. Transition were sent the photos in an email from the distributor, I was expecting to have to box it up and send it over to Transition. But a few days later Transition said they were sending a new chainstay out. No hassle at all and would definitely recommend Transition based on this experience.

Took this opportunity to get the shock and reverb serviced. Also have a Vorsprung Corset air can arriving for the float x.
  • bennyy
    bennyy Posts: 141
    Ouch, how did it happen?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Thats a proper nice bike. Chainstay failure is unfortunate but these thing happen, its how they deal with it that really matters.
    Im thinking of buying a new Transition so nice to know the service is good.
  • ej2320
    bennyy wrote:
    Ouch, how did it happen?

Nothing really caused it, it just went mid ride

But like Rockmonkey said it happens and it's how they deal with it.. and the bike is now fixed and running!
    My experience with Transition has been nothing but positive and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another
  • kester
    kester Posts: 79
    ej2320 wrote:
    Also have a Vorsprung Corset air can arriving for the float x.

have you got the new air can yet? whats it like to ride compared to the old fox can?
  • ej2320
    kester wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:
    Also have a Vorsprung Corset air can arriving for the float x.

have you got the new air can yet? whats it like to ride compared to the old fox can?

I have

A lot of small bump compliance, very sensitive and smooth
    Not tested it on a ride yet though

Would not advise it if you run any more than 230 psi