Headset: Hope
Grips: Superstar

Brakes: SLX brakes + rotors

Shifters: XT
Cables: XT
Front Mech: XT
Rear Mech: SLX shadow +

Seat: Madison Flux
Seat Post: Truvativ (till I get a reverb)

Cranks: XT
Chainring(s): XT 24-38
Chain: KMC 10.93
Cassette: SLX
Pedals: Superstar nano
Bottom Bracket: XT

Front Wheel:
Rim: Stans ZTR Flow EX
Hub: Hope
Tire: Hans Dampf evo

Back Wheel:
Rim: Stans ZTR Flow EX
Hub: Hope
Tire: Hans Dampf evo

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Having a problem with the photos, I'll fix them in a bit
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    image_zpse5c52bca.jpg

image_zpsdf7e08a8.jpg

Just click on the "IMG" link on the right hand side of the page then copy it here ;) Looks great by the way!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • ej2320
    Haha, sorted, thanks :)
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Sweeet
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Whoever at Transition thought that anodised blue pivot hardware would go with a green and black frame needs their head checking! :lol:

Transition make some great frames, but by god they messed with the colours too much this year. Will be great to ride no doubt though!
  • ej2320
    lawman wrote:
    Whoever at Transition thought that anodised blue pivot hardware would go with a green and black frame needs their head checking! :lol:

Transition make some great frames, but by god they messed with the colours too much this year. Will be great to ride no doubt though!

You think? I quite like it.. Infact I have blue hubs on my wheelset :lol:
    The photos aren't great and it does look better in the flesh (aluminium)
    But I will agree last years colours were better and I prefer the colours on the carbon coverts more
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    Nice.

Can't make my mind up on the blue hardware - need to see how it's built up. But - your bike, your rules
  • ej2320
    BigAl wrote:
    Nice.

Can't make my mind up on the blue hardware - need to see how it's built up. But - your bike, your rules

Thanks,

The photo does over enhance the gloss effect on the frame and bolts as well
    When it's built up the bolts won't be a very big part of it so I think/hope they will look more discrete
  • BigAl
    ej2320 wrote:
    BigAl wrote:
    Nice.

Thanks,

When it's built up the bolts won't be a very big part of it so I think/hope they will look more discrete

Hell, it's how it rides that counts - and I'm sure it'll be sweet.

What you building her up with?
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    lawman wrote:

They do go - the green and blue are analogous colours on the colour wheel and complement each other perfectly, and black goes with anything. Your degree's obviously not in art or design ;)

OP - love the colourscheme, candy green with blue accents (or vice versa) always looks great. I wouldn't use any blue screws/bolts (delete as according to your side of the screws/bolts argument) though - coloured fatsners belong in the 1990s.
  • ej2320
    lawman wrote:

They do go - the green and blue are analogous colours on the colour wheel and complement each other perfectly, and black goes with anything. Your degree's obviously not in art or design ;)

OP - love the colourscheme, candy green with blue accents (or vice versa) always looks great. I wouldn't use any blue screws/bolts (delete as according to your side of the screws/bolts argument) though - coloured fatsners belong in the 1990s.

Don't worry, no blue screws :lol:

Blue hubs and blue pedals are the only other ano blue items so it should look tasteful rather than too much
  • ej2320
    BigAl wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:
    BigAl wrote:
    Nice.

Thanks,

Hell, it's how it rides that counts - and I'm sure it'll be sweet.

What you building her up with?

I'll get a spec list up later today :)
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    lawman wrote:

Just a little too much going on imo, but then it's not my bike and you won't notice when riding and it's covered in mud! :)
  • ej2320
    Updated with spec list :)
  • BigAl
    ej2320 wrote:

Good spec - money spent in the right places. When you going to get some finished pics up?
  • Kowalski675
    lawman wrote:
    lawman wrote:

Just a little too much going on imo,

That's a different argument altogether though. The colours definitely do go together, but it is a bit on the busy side - personally I'd prefer the rear triangle to be green like the main frame.
  • @lexD
    @lexD Posts: 340
    That's a different argument altogether though. The colours definitely do go together, but it is a bit on the busy side - personally I'd prefer the rear triangle to be green like the main frame.[/quote]

I love the frame but agree it should all be green as it gives the impression it has had a replacement rear triangle.
  • ej2320
    BigAl wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

Good spec - money spent in the right places. When you going to get some finished pics up?

Just waiting on the forks, when they're in stock and they've arrived from Germany I'll get cracking on the build
  • ej2320
    @lexD wrote:
    That's a different argument altogether though. The colours definitely do go together, but it is a bit on the busy side - personally I'd prefer the rear triangle to be green like the main frame.

I love the frame but agree it should all be green as it gives the impression it has had a replacement rear triangle.[/quote]

I understand what you mean and I'll prefer a solid colour, but I think with a black pike up front it will look matching
  • Kowalski675
    ej2320 wrote:
    @lexD wrote:

I love the frame but agree it should all be green as it gives the impression it has had a replacement rear triangle.

I understand what you mean and I'll prefer a solid colour, but I think with a black pike up front it will look matching[/quote]

Aye, that'll balance it out nicely.
  • ej2320
    Few more pictures with crankset and wheels

image_zpsa6237fe1.jpg

image_zpsf47dcf15.jpg

image_zps7e2a1559.jpg
  • Nice !

I have had my Covert 27.5 in Safety Orange since before Xmas, but have been waiting for the Pikes to come back in stock! They arrived last week so the build is on! Similar spec ! All XT, Flow EX Hope hoops, pikes!

IMG_20131205_174138_zps3yjxpvwn.jpg
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Ooh I like that Safety Orange! I know a Transition sponsored rider out here, might ask him if he can help me with a pro deal price on a Covert - I want the Bronson really but if I can save enough on the Covert I cant argue can I!?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • ej2320
    OutSpoken wrote:
    Nice !

I have had my Covert 27.5 in Safety Orange since before Xmas, but have been waiting for the Pikes to come back in stock! They arrived last week so the build is on! Similar spec ! All XT, Flow EX Hope hoops, pikes!

IMG_20131205_174138_zps3yjxpvwn.jpg

I think the Orange looks great too

But the Green edged it for me

Should be a very similar build to mine, I've ordered some dual position pikes
  • I very nearly went Green! Yours is the first one I've seen out there so to speak in the UK!

Ive gone single position forks.

Going to Run 203mm rotors front and back.

Moving house this month has dented my bike fund but it should be complete by mid feb hopefully. in time for a run at Bike Park Wales
  • ej2320
    I don't think I've ever seen a Transition out on the trails at all in the UK, let alone a Green Covert
    But that's a good thing in my opinion

I've gone 203 front and 180 rear just to give me some modulation to avoid locking the rear and shredding the tyres

I'm hoping to have this build by the start of Feb, literally just waiting on the forks
  • Nope, i test rode a Bronson before, but now they seem quite common, Got a cracking deal on the frame and fancied something a bit different.

Where in the UK are you?

my pikes arrived last week in the UK, where are you getting yours from?
  • ej2320
    I got a pre order offer on mine and I was sold

I'm based in Shropshire

I ordered them from Hibike, got my tyres from them and I was very impressed and they had the Dual Position in black at £540!
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Forks are gunna look sweet with the black at the back
  • I think many people will have chosen pikes purely on the black scansions! lol