FUGIO is back as a Ridley!!!!

Comments

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Ugo this thread is proving really quite interesting. I was wondering is there any way of working out what the saddle to bar height would be for me for this frame/geometry? It looks aggressive and I want to compare it to my current set up.
  • robamour wrote:
    Ugo, do you get any toe overlap problems?

No...

as for the front derailleur... yes it is not perfect and does rub the chain a bit in the 52 x 21 gear, but frankly I don't care... if you want a perfectly smooth drivetrain you end up losing your sleep
    left the forum March 2023
  • solboy10 wrote:
    Ugo this thread is proving really quite interesting. I was wondering is there any way of working out what the saddle to bar height would be for me for this frame/geometry? It looks aggressive and I want to compare it to my current set up.

Dunno, it's a frame, the geometry is available on the Genesis website
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    ugo, I have some 32mm ràndonneur pros on order but suspect I will need to get some larger inner tubes to go with them. any recommendations?
  • I just got a shedload from innertubeshop.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    PX has Vittorias for £1.99 which are probably lighter. Free postage over £20.
  • Worried about 30g with 500g tyres? :D
  • You can use bigger tubes, but I find the normal road ones work just as well. In fact I have a road one at the front and a big one at the rear and there is no difference
  • majormantra
    Worried about 30g with 500g tyres? :D

No, but for an extra 4p I'd rather go with the recognisable brand which I have good experience of. S'just me.

(Also, my CX tyres don't weigh 500g. :) )
  • Bet you they're made in a recognised factory. Quality is excellent, delivery excellent, service excellent.

And the poster was asking in relation to 32c Randonneur Pro which are circa 500g.
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    i should post a link over on weight weenies! 30g saving for a difference of 4p?!?

thanks all,will post to say how different the tyre s ride compared to the hardshells I use at the moment.
  • majormantra
    Bet you they're made in a recognised factory. Quality is excellent, delivery excellent, service excellent.

And the poster was asking in relation to 32c Randonneur Pro which are circa 500g.

I know, I'm just being difficult. :)

Karma has bitten me here. My PX order came today and they'd sent me some horrible Duro tubes instead of the Vittorias. All sorted with a phone call, but next time I'll shut up to avoid tempting fate!
  • Bet you they're made in a recognised factory. Quality is excellent, delivery excellent, service excellent.

I know, I'm just being difficult. :)

Karma has bitten me here. My PX order came today and they'd sent me some horrible Duro tubes instead of the Vittorias. All sorted with a phone call, but next time I'll shut up to avoid tempting fate!

I wonder as an average how many orders they screw... I have given up ordering their heavily discounted rims as they always sent me the wrong ones... and always cheaper ones! :evil:
  • Anyway... back to the Fugio... love the bike, I use it as a do it all, but even as a CX off-roader it's a pretty damn good machine. Don't think it is competitive in weight with aluminium and carbon offerings (frame + fork in 54 size is 2.4 Kg), so maybe not ideal for those who want a race day frame, but on the other hand it's trouble free for every day use, in that

1) It has conventional BB threads, so no silly press fit bearings that last 3 days in the mud
    2) It has a conventional bottom cup of the headset, which is a lot more robust, better sealed and durable than the modern integrated headsets.

The fork is as good as it gets, in the same league with Enve and Whisky forks... very precise and stiff, yet not harsh and very light (about 1 pound). The frame is very well finished compared to my previous CdF and I can't really fault it for anything. It's not a cheap frameset, but it's worth every penny
  • New rims... :D

DSC_1896_zpsd49ee62f.jpg
  • I love Archetypes but, for me, that looks "right."
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Why the change? How do they compare to the Archtypes?
  • Harry182 wrote:
    Why the change? How do they compare to the Archtypes?

I was on A 23 before, but same thing as Archetype as the ride goes...

Don't know yet, it started to rain just as I finished building them... No particular reason to change the rims, just I get asked a lot about Stan's Alpha and I never had the chance to build any, so I built them for myself to see how they ride. This non machined version is pretty stiff, the machined one has about 20-25 g of alloy shaved off the sides.

I don't expect them to be significantly different, to be honest... better stickers to the A 23, that's for sure
  • First impressions of the Stan's Alpha:
    I headed out for a dirty lap of Richmond Park early this morning... quite wet soft soil, but plenty of grip with the XG. Lots of dog walkers and plenty of opportunities to grind down the brake pads... nonetheless same time as my best on drier ground and allegedly faster tyres and A 23 rims...
    So, the Stan's are not slower... :D on the road (or off the road) they feel exactly the same, which is a good feel
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    In road cycling, rim stickers are everything and these rims look the part. I was looking for some light 700c rims without a brake track and didn't know these were available. I was about to get some Iron Cross rims, but these look much better.

Are yours 32h and have you tried them with slicks on?
  • Ledeev wrote:
    In road cycling, rim stickers are everything and these rims look the part. I was looking for some light 700c rims without a brake track and didn't know these were available. I was about to get some Iron Cross rims, but these look much better.

Are yours 32h and have you tried them with slicks on?

32 yes and no, not yet, at the moment there isn't much in the way of road cycling... the Iron cross won't be happy with road tyres, so these are Stan's only offering for road.
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    Thanks, have the non-machined sidewall versions just been released? I can't believe I missed them on my web search.
  • Ledeev wrote:
    Thanks, have the non-machined sidewall versions just been released? I can't believe I missed them on my web search.

Fairly recent, yes
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Yossie wrote:

Nah - well smart that is. Very cool. You glance at it and you go "ooooh" then you look harder at its cooler than you originally thought but you don't know why.

Chapeau that man.

+1 my thoughts exactly - very classy build!
  • Yossie wrote:

Nah - well smart that is. Very cool. You glance at it and you go "ooooh" then you look harder at its cooler than you originally thought but you don't know why.

Chapeau that man.

+1 my thoughts exactly - very classy build!

:D
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I like that, will you be riding that on the cobbles in summer? The Stan's are as wide internally as an archetype so the ride should be similar. the rim though is alot lighter so that means you bike is now 9.75kg or thereabouts.

Next month the new Ryde rims come out you will have to try those as well. I will need a CX or road disc bike first.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Lovely looking steed, looks so much nicer than the stock pics on the Genesis website.

Forgive me if this is a dim question. Are you running tubeless tyres on the Stand which IIRC are timeless ready.
  • Lovely looking steed, looks so much nicer than the stock pics on the Genesis website.

Forgive me if this is a dim question. Are you running tubeless tyres on the Stand which IIRC are timeless ready.

Suggest you unplug the predictive text... :roll:
    No, at the moment I am running them tubed... I rotate three different sets of tyres depending on conditions, as this is a do it all bike and it seems a bit of a drag to swap tyres frequently with a tubeless setup