Show us your Cross Bikes.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    Completely agree. Bizarrely I don't really like the flashes of colour on that PX when it's clean, but when it's dirty it looks the dogs danglies. Need to get mine muddy again soon.
  • colm_gti wrote:
    IMG_20140202_115721.jpg

It's getting a bit of a makeover later in the week!

Hope you fit the fork mounted cable hanger... :wink:
  • crossed
    crossed Posts: 237
    Here's mine now I've built it up.

7IOu1ly.jpg

It needs a couple of bits changed to get it right namely wider bars and a seat post and saddle as the ones fitted are off my MTB!
    Took it out for a quick ride yesterday and it's a lovely bike, rides very well and very comfortable with it. I'm looking forward to getting out on it for a proper ride but I'll have to wait for the flood water in the are to go down first :D
  • This is after a first test ride through the forest of Brussels - I couldn't wait for my pedals to arrive after I picked this up. Pedals are now on of course! Keeping the bell due to pesky tourists making a habit of walking in front of me.

Affected by the SRAM hydro recall, the shop put on Avids and some sweet SRAM Force shifters.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,870
    My Focus Cross disc in commuter guise - currently working as a commuter, dirt path pounder and weekend road bike (after some cretin stole my road bike)
    DSC_0548.jpg
  • Built this not too long ago which I use for quick rides out during the week. Got a bit fed up cleaning the "good" bike all the time!

DSC_0001_zpsfdc81560.jpg
  • Another Canyon Inflite Al (small). Stock set up aside from the saddle. So far, I'm very happy with it.

DSC01878_zps1512c553.jpg

DSC01877_zps008d19ba.jpg

DSC01874_zpsac11de47.jpg
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    Nice. Doesn't look like it's somewhere where it'll get muddy, though.

Rob
  • :)

A rare sunny day here in the UK.
  • rhnb
    rhnb Posts: 324

Bought this ROSE Pro DX Cross bike a couple of months ago. To be honest it'll mainly be used as my winter / crap weather bike, but I plan on doing one or two of these Adventure X rides (couldn't make the Grizedale Grizzly this weekend which was unfortunate as it started about 10 miles from home!).
    I was a tad wary of buying off the internet (like to see things and try them first), but I have to say the company were a pleasure to deal with.

Rough spec is...
    Rose Pro DX Cross frame (Alu)
    Carbon forks
    Avid BB7 brakes
    SRAM Force 22 groupset (50/34 chainset)
    Ritchey bars and stem
    Fizik bar tape
    Fizik Arione saddle
    Rose XEON DX 1850 wheelset
    ~~~
    http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk
    Cycle tour reports and the home of \'Cycling Before Lycra\'
  • Jezwick
    Jezwick Posts: 8
    imrmike wrote:
    This is after a first test ride through the forest of Brussels - I couldn't wait for my pedals to arrive after I picked this up. Pedals are now on of course! Keeping the bell due to pesky tourists making a habit of walking in front of me.

Affected by the SRAM hydro recall, the shop put on Avids and some sweet SRAM Force shifters.

ohhh nice, how is it??.. I ordered one last week due back in stock on May 26th with the now fixed SRAM hydro brakes

bit of a wait but I'm paying for most of it via the ball ache of the cycleScheme ..
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Already posted in the 'your road bikes' thread, but probably more appropriate posted here, given it has nobbly tyres on the minute!
    032_zps7acf577b.jpg[/URL]

SRAM Rival gruppo with 46/36t chainset, TRP Spyre disc brakes, Kinesis CX wheelset and FSA finishing kit - and totally impractical in white for its intended purpose :D
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Luv2ride wrote:
    Already posted in the 'your road bikes' thread, but probably more appropriate posted here, given it has nobbly tyres on the minute!
    032_zps7acf577b.jpg[/URL]

SRAM Rival gruppo with 46/36t chainset, TRP Spyre disc brakes, Kinesis CX wheelset and FSA finishing kit - and totally impractical in white for its intended purpose :D
    It makes it easier to spot the bits you haven't cleaned yet!
  • It's here ! My CAADX 105 Disc 8)

After a long wait (4 months) for the 48cm, it's almost ready to go.
    Stem still feels a little high (even though we matched the fit to my Focus Cayo) and FD is not quite set for big ring/small cog.

IMG_20140505_202928.jpg

It's not dirty yet, as I had the Etape Loch Ness yesterday (on the road bike) :shock:

Thanks to Cycle Highlands in Ballater for supplying and generally being great to deal with. Kona couldn't come up with the goods on a Jake the Snake, so CAADX it was - a good choice, I think.

More reports to follow ! Comments/feedback welcome for a newbie CX'er :wink:
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • matt@theforce
    matt@theforce Posts: 647
    Loving this thread to give me some ideas for my next CX bike 8)
  • Here is my first and only "Cross" Bike. Used for daily commute, wet road rides, winter (with studded tyres), and some on/off road exploring and a bit of cross racing (once!)

Specialized Tricross Sport 2009 - bought used from Ebay.

Previous owner changed the fork to a Kinesis one (may be to solve brake judder?), added a 105 Group Set (all except cantis), I bought it with the groupset barely used - all for £299 - bargain.

I got rid of the Alex wheels that came with it, as they were HEAVY, they were replaced with some old Aksiums, but a spoke went and could not be adjusted as seized, so now replaced with Shimano RS11s sporting Challenge Griffo Pro 32s. Added Easton Seatpost and red bar tape, Charge Scoop saddle and the obligatory cheap but very well made SPDs, excuse the awful guards, they serve me well on the commute and can be removed reasonably quickly!

IMG_20140510_130509_072_zps8011ae50.jpg

IMG_20140510_130526_079_zps522ca542.jpg

Will go for a double when the triple goes, I thought cantis would be awful, but they aint half bad, but in an ideal world I would have discs. Something about the bike I love, its really well planted and not skitish, I can keep up on the hills with of roadies and it likes going down them fast, on the flat is a bit of a drag. Really want to try some more off road with, i.e. some softer mountain bike type routes, rather than tow paths, old railways and muddy fields.

Out on it late as the weather has been awful, going to get it muddy.
  • ukjim
    ukjim Posts: 39
    10256811_10152011861920598_1368422419706657905_n.jpg

in its summer road config.

need to upgrade the drive train to a 1x10 setup when CX season comes around.

also new wider rims are needed. My beady eyes are on some HED belgium + if I can get over the huge cost.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    ukjim wrote:
    10256811_10152011861920598_1368422419706657905_n.jpg

in its summer road config.

need to upgrade the drive train to a 1x10 setup when CX season comes around.

also new wider rims are needed. My beady eyes are on some HED belgium + if I can get over the huge cost.

Nice one, how much if you don't mind me asking? I gave up on it as it was too much wonga.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • ukjim
    ukjim Posts: 39
    frameset and saddle £630 triton cycles
    wheels hope pro 2 with open pro £180 ebay
    bars salsa cowbell £25 triton
    sram rival groupset £155 ebay
    TRP brakes £200 LBS
    finishing kit (stem + seatpost bartape) £70 ribble
    £1130 ish
  • Paul 8v
    Finally bit the bullet, last bike I will be buying for a while with a baby on the way but from the short test ride I had, I can confirm it kicks a$$! Photos don't do it justice, the bare carbon looks great and an added bonus is that it's in my club colours!
    20140630_190052.jpg
    20140630_190106.jpg
    20140630_190117.jpg
    20140630_190137.jpg
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    Flyxii CX Disc in dry commute mode
    Ultegra/105
    Kinesis CX Disc wheelset
    Avid BB7 / TRP Hy/Rd
    2014-07-01%2010.03.18.jpg
  • jezzasnr
    jezzasnr Posts: 225
    2C77087F-B7CB-44DD-AD52-CA391D2D0034.jpg
    F8B91EF3-F7A1-42B8-ADEC-E2E904242A40.jpg
    28mm commute tyres on for the minute, but have ordered Challenge Grifo 32's this morning ready for some more testing trails.
    So far, so good. Built on the cheap from existing components & sale stock.
    ....like it's golden
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Ridleys are amazing and just look good. They ride 'tall' and I would not choose one personally, but they're lovely.

There's a Scotch (Scottish?) chap with the previous version's red/white colour scheme which is also very lust-worthy.

If anyone is looking for a Ridley, it behooves you to check this out: http://www.merlincycles.com/ridley-x-ni ... 71090.html
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Paul 8v
    That looks lovely, I'm personally not a fan of SRAM though and I'm bu£$erd if I'm ever going back to cantis again (apart from racing where it doesn't matter so much)

I'm going to lower the stem a bit on mine I think, not had enough time to play about with it too much to be fair
  • This years Cyclescheme bike & the replacement for my Merida CX4

Planet X Dirty Disco
    DSC_2859_zps7512ca4e.jpg

Seatpost is too long so un-rideable until I get that sorted I can't sort the height/angle.

DSC_2851_zpscb5ebf76.jpg
    DSC_2856_zpsef2adb0e.jpg
    DSC_2839_zps903b5da8.jpg
    DSC_2829_zpsba0ba09e.jpg
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    jezzasnr wrote:
    2C77087F-B7CB-44DD-AD52-CA391D2D0034.jpg
    F8B91EF3-F7A1-42B8-ADEC-E2E904242A40.jpg
    28mm commute tyres on for the minute, but have ordered Challenge Grifo 32's this morning ready for some more testing trails.
    So far, so good. Built on the cheap from existing components & sale stock.

Like it... the Pasela are super comfy aren't they?
    left the forum March 2023
  • stellaboy
    stellaboy Posts: 106
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6 Shimano 105 11sp, Cx77 Mechanical disc and Pro PLT finish kit. Blumin lovely.

IMG_0487_zpsb6f89f63.jpg
    Some days you're the statue, other days you are the pigeon.
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    another one of them kinesises in rare ltd edition discontinued red

IMG_20140627_095550_zps8d918279.jpg
  • stellaboy
    stellaboy Posts: 106
    Hi jomoj, I really ummed and arred over the red, that looks mint though. What tyres are they and what size too if you don't mind? I changed to the Pro6 from a 5T, I should have done it years ago, discs, no matter how non purist they look are awesome, being able to stop is a revelation.
    Some days you're the statue, other days you are the pigeon.
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    stellaboy wrote:
    Hi jomoj, I really ummed and arred over the red, that looks mint though. What tyres are they and what size too if you don't mind? I changed to the Pro6 from a 5T, I should have done it years ago, discs, no matter how non purist they look are awesome, being able to stop is a revelation.

cheers, yes I couldn't care less about purism either. I've been using discs on MTBs for years and after wearing out 2 rims I've had enough of the 19th century rim brakes.

re: the red frame. The colour took a while to grow on me, it's a very dark red and I actually think there might have been some QC problems at the spray shop because the fork and frame are very. very slightly different hues of red if you look closely :) In any case it was a bargain so I'm really not fussed. Tyres are 28c continental gatorskins since i use the bike mainly on road and gravel, i have some kenda cross tyres to fit for real dirt and occasional racing. I think the tyres look fatter than they are because of the rims