Comments

• majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    VamP wrote:
    10947503223_08f7fba474_o.jpg

Very nice.
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    You should route the cable from the outside of the fork inwards toward the centre. The mounting point is there so you hold it from going INTO the wheel.

I understand the mounting point is to stop the cable going into the wheel but wouldn't it be logical to put this on the outside of the fork. Then the cable would not run between the wheel and the fork and not ruin the extra clearance they have built into the fork?

This is how it arrived from Giant. I've emailed Giant querying this but haven't received a reply yet.

DSC_1021.jpg

mine is the same! how stupid...

DSCF2532_zps1dd098fc.jpg
    DSCF2531_zps9fe3d788.jpg
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    I have talked with giant Liverpool and they are going to reroute it for me. they said the TCX SLR 1 routes behind the fork and the TCX SLR 2 routes on the front. reason unknown...
  • Glad they are getting it sorted for you! It would have sucked to have that snap off some how and get stuck in the wheel.

You may want to consider just routing yourself to save the hassle. It's a 2 minute job to unscrew the caliper, mount it back up and then readjust.
  • colm_gti
    colm_gti Posts: 173
    Picked this up over the weekend, it's currently in commuter mode...

463D0172-32A3-49E3-BD87-F9531B023281_zpswrnzf7kx.jpg

Have a few bits to transfer over from my road bike that I'm retiring. Already swapped over the fizik saddle and mavic wheels, going to swap my 3t handlebars, 105 shifters and ultegra rear mech when I get a minute to spare. I have a matching 3t seatpost knocking around at home in my parents house as well.

Also need to get my hands on a shorter headset bearing top cap to drop the stem more!
  • walney
    walney Posts: 35
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/37509358@N ... otostream/

My cross race bike. Its a second hand unbranded cross frame
    (believed to be columbus, looks a lot like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/paul-milnes-c ... 27da157e4e)

Everythin else is tiagra or rescued from other bikes/spares.

New items are wheels, CXP 33 on miche hubs and FSA vero compact bars.
  • Any love for a Santa Cruz Stigmata? They need to bring this bike back.

Not mine, but Daniel is a friend of mine. Here's the full write up:

http://blog.artscyclery.com/bike-check- ... -check-10/
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    It's wearing running shoes at the moment rather than wellies, but finally finished my SSCX.

9A4A78F2-EBE2-4255-BF96-8E36CFA24546_zpso1shbvou.jpg

Head badge is missing, but it's in transit apparently.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Asprilla wrote:
    It's wearing running shoes at the moment rather than wellies, but finally finished my SSCX.

9A4A78F2-EBE2-4255-BF96-8E36CFA24546_zpso1shbvou.jpg

Head badge is missing, but it's in transit apparently.

Looks great... what rims are these, A 23?
    left the forum March 2023
  • asprilla
    Yeah, some MSW ones I had kicking about.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • It is the perfect bicycle, isnt' it?
  • asprilla
    I'll tell you once I've got a few more miles under my belt. I hope it is.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • It must be, unless you screwed the brakes installation... :mrgreen:
  • asprilla
    I did have a couple of issues, but managed to sort them. Going to get a pro to sort the cable lengths.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    Looks lovely. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh.
  • ednino
    ednino Posts: 684
    Yup, going on those pictures it was definitely installed incorrectly. I have never seen a mountain bike with disc brake outers routed through the fork, thought it looked odd.

All my mountain bikes are routed like this :|
  • ednino wrote:
    Yup, going on those pictures it was definitely installed incorrectly. I have never seen a mountain bike with disc brake outers routed through the fork, thought it looked odd.

All my mountain bikes are routed like this :|

Take the front wheel off and re-route from the outside, should only be about a 5 minute job, even with aligning the calliper. I wouldn't want to risk that going into the wheel at all, especially on a mountain bike.
  • VamP wrote:
    10947503223_08f7fba474_o.jpg
    Now that is a proper racer's bike: minimalist saddle shoved forward for cranking on the rivet, serious saddle-to-bar drop. Single chainring. No discs. All go but with some show (love that sidewall).
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    image.jpg

My Kenesis Crosslight Evo 5 after Sunday's race... Needs a bit of tlc to be honest, headset is knocking, cantis just don't work and I'm sore tempted to go for a single ring on the front and upgrade the rear mech and shifters.
  • VamP
    VamP Posts: 674
    [quote="FransJacquesNow that is a proper racer's bike: minimalist saddle shoved forward for cranking on the rivet, serious saddle-to-bar drop. Single chainring. No discs. All go but with some show (love that sidewall).[/quote]

Cheers! That's exactly the look I was going for. :D

We need to see your chariot! Vin Diesel is it?
  • 86604f48551511e391da0ea7b73f6c45_8.jpg

Second-hand 2011 Cube X-Race comp. Been getting on with it pretty well, only thing I've changed out of preference is to fit a wider bar.
  • I was awoken by my baby the other morning and thought a fixed gear 26" wheeled cross bike was what the world needed.

DSCF3929_zpsadc1d80e.jpg

Part road bike, part mountain bike, part BMX. Works well for commuting.
  • This is the only one I have my old Tricross at the moment:

IMAG0013.jpg

I'll take some of it cleaned up and Winter prepped shortly.

Also have the Felt F65X which is about to get stripped down and the SRAM groupset changed for a Shimano 105 triple (in black) I'll get photos of that posted when done as well.

Oh - the Tricross is fitted with the 35C Marathon winters cos I was cycling on:

IMAG0014.jpg

It was bloody brilliant
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • mikenetic wrote:
    86604f48551511e391da0ea7b73f6c45_8.jpg

Second-hand 2011 Cube X-Race comp. Been getting on with it pretty well, only thing I've changed out of preference is to fit a wider bar.

So, did you wash it or plant it?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    This is mine .... currently in commuting mode ...

E2F334A2-420D-4DD9-A83E-0184C941DD4A.jpg
  • Slowbike wrote:
    This is mine .... currently in commuting mode ...

E2F334A2-420D-4DD9-A83E-0184C941DD4A.jpg

What, no tinsel? ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • slowbike
    What, no tinsel? ;)

David

Nah - my wife has that on her bike ... I didn't want mine to look tacky! ;)
  • Holy cow, I'm surprised the cops don't section you immediately if they see you on something like that.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • slowbike
    Holy cow, I'm surprised the cops don't section you immediately if they see you on something like that.

"Cops" can't section ... I can't remember if one has passed me yet ... but I do have them on both morning and evening ... ;)

Surprisingly I seem to get a better reaction from other road users - but not sure they see them properly as I asked my neighbour and he hadn't seen the lights when he came past me (in his car) - but that could be because of the 3 bright back lights I have on too ...

Anyway - the lights are only on the down tube, cross bar and around the rack under the bag - the tyres & bag have reflective bits on them and I used the phone flash ...

Of course, if you're being rude about the whole bike then I'll have to just ignore you - but I rather assumed you're referring to the lights! ;)
  • VamP
    VamP Posts: 674
    Slowbike wrote:
    Holy cow, I'm surprised the cops don't section you immediately if they see you on something like that.

"Cops" can't section ... I can't remember if one has passed me yet ... but I do have them on both morning and evening ... ;)

Surprisingly I seem to get a better reaction from other road users - but not sure they see them properly as I asked my neighbour and he hadn't seen the lights when he came past me (in his car) - but that could be because of the 3 bright back lights I have on too ...

Anyway - the lights are only on the down tube, cross bar and around the rack under the bag - the tyres & bag have reflective bits on them and I used the phone flash ...

Of course, if you're being rude about the whole bike then I'll have to just ignore you - but I rather assumed you're referring to the lights! ;)

Do you carry a diesel genny around to keep that little lot juiced up?

Seriously, I like your style.