World Championship - ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• IanLD wrote:
    Froome going out the back. Going to climb off soon?

Probably.

He wasn't in much form in ToB, and i imagine his motivation in this weather is limited - especially given he's not the best bike hanlder.

Huh? He didn't ride ToB. But he wasn't in much form in the North American races.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    poppit wrote:
    Got to say, this is like watching paint dry

I'm not sure this was the atmosphere the organizers were hoping to convey. The weather is hardly showing the course and the local area off to its best. Fiesole is really very lovely and the course looked great for those races where the sun was out, unfortunately most of those weren't on the TV.

Even yesterday they weren't showing how nice Florence is. Today I can understand it, but would have thought they would have shown a bit more. Brings back memories of amazing sunny days there (well yesterday did).
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    poppit wrote:
    Got to say, this is like watching paint dry

I'm not sure this was the atmosphere the organizers were hoping to convey. The weather is hardly showing the course and the local area off to its best. Fiesole is really very lovely and the course looked great for those races where the sun was out, unfortunately most of those weren't on the TV.
    I'm thinking about doing a bit of cycling in Tuscany, perhaps not at the end of September though!
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    IanLD wrote:

Probably.

He wasn't in much form in ToB, and i imagine his motivation in this weather is limited - especially given he's not the best bike hanlder.

He wasnt in the TOB.

i fail.

Haha, I was thinking 'did I miss something?'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,658
    IanLD wrote:

Probably.

Huh? He didn't ride ToB. But he wasn't in much form in the North American races.

S'what i meant.

Brain fart.
  • rick_chasey
    This is a proper course. Only real men can win. Survival of the fittest. Attritional like Roubaix and Flanders.

Feels like Lombardy with funny jerseys atm.
  • Irish all out for 0
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • IanLD
    What happened there? Three Italians suddenly on their own.

Someone down?
  • poppit wrote:
    I'm thinking about doing a bit of cycling in Tuscany, perhaps not at the end of September though!

Or May, look at this year's Giro! :shock:

Lovely sun in the Netherlands today :D
  • poppit
    Do you think that the winner will be a really good rider that hasn't won much this year and is prepared to turn themselves inside out as it's their last chance. Gilbert anyone?
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • It's like that Lombardy JRod won in the peeing rain.
  • IanLD
    Great weather in Glasgow too. Late bike ride today :D
  • poppit
    poppit wrote:

Or May, look at this year's Giro! :shock:

Lovely sun in the Netherlands today :D
    Lovely sun here in the Midlands today. Anyway, booked Mallorca in June next year, much more reliable weather.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Brain fart.

I'll swap your brain fart for my hangover.
  • Reminds me of my trip to Italy earlier this year :(
  • Irish all out for 0

Team GB will soon be joining them on that score.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Would it kill the BBC (or whoever's doing the graphics) to keep a "KM to go" thingy on the screen?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Not that it mattered much, but one chuckled at
    8wf446.png
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rick_chasey
    It's like that Lombardy JRod won in the peeing rain.

Keep up.

I was in Holland yesterday. No excuse. :P
  • Real shame for Martin. He is a real racer and knows how to handle himself in these conditions and these distances.

Froome 45 secs adrift. Looks like GB are getting pounded. Oh well. I wonder where Stannard and Geraint are.

6 laps to go.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Would it kill the BBC (or whoever's doing the graphics) to keep a "KM to go" thingy on the screen?

Blame whoever-at-the-UCI's brother-in-law who gets the contract to provide the images.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    edited September 2013
    Real shame for Martin. He is a real racer and knows how to handle himself in these conditions and these distances.

Froome 45 secs adrift. Looks like GB are getting pounded. Oh well. I wonder where Stannard and Geraint are.

6 laps to go.

Thomas 50 seconds down. Might be ahead of Froome now.
  • Veockler is still there with - Vichot, Pinot and Bardet.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • poppit
    Thomas still up there?
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Would it kill the BBC (or whoever's doing the graphics) to keep a "KM to go" thingy on the screen?
    Probably, they can't even pronounce "Fabian" properly at the moment
  • IanLD
    'Team Sky' plodding round off the back not looking like they are going much further.
  • Ah, Froome has Bernie and Hayman looking after him.
  • rick_chasey
    IanLD wrote:
    'Team Sky' plodding round off the back not looking like they are going much further.

Course doesn't suit any of them.
  • poppit
    Uran might be a good shout, did well at the Olympic road race last year and coped well with the weather in the Giro.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • rick_chasey
    poppit wrote:
    Uran might be a good shout, did well at the Olympic road race last year and coped well with the weather in the Giro.

Fair.