World Championship - ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• poppit wrote:
    Thomas still up there?

At least the Welsh team has a rider left. :)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pretty weak German squad which brings to the fore their lack of breadth in type of riders.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    270km is SUCH A LONG WAY.

They've done an average/hilly tour stage with 96km to go. Pffft...
  • Paolini has a very low saddle.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    poppit wrote:
    Uran might be a good shout, did well at the Olympic road race last year and coped well with the weather in the Giro.
    Fair.
    As long as he looks the right way.
  • If they are going 10-15 km/h on the steepest part of Via im surprised their back wheels arent slipping all over.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408

Lovely sun in the Netherlands today :D

It was this time last year too. Had a bit of a party atmosphere. This rain doesn't seem to be helping to recreate it in Florence (although I think they probably need a few thousand more drunk Dutch and Belgians to help too).
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Real shame for Martin. He is a real racer and knows how to handle himself in these conditions and these distances.

Froome 45 secs adrift. Looks like GB are getting pounded. Oh well. I wonder where Stannard and Geraint are.

6 laps to go.

Martin crashed?
  • "They've got bags of 'experience' in the team car."

That's a new word for it. :)
  • Froome has abandoned. Lol.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Froome out?
  • inseine wrote:
    Real shame for Martin. He is a real racer and knows how to handle himself in these conditions and these distances.

Froome 45 secs adrift. Looks like GB are getting pounded. Oh well. I wonder where Stannard and Geraint are.

6 laps to go.

yeah involved in the big crash. Chased and made a third of the time back before dnf

Martin crashed?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Froome has abandoned. Lol.

As have Ten Dam and Dumoulin.

Thought this thread was starting to go quiet.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    thegibdog wrote:
    poppit wrote:
    Uran might be a good shout, did well at the Olympic road race last year and coped well with the weather in the Giro.
    Fair.
    As long as he looks the right way.

Seeing some serious wedge enter my bank account would be very distracting for me too tbh.
  • I'm reading those CONAD advertising signs as something else.

Do they deliberately gave no kms to go graphic to make us feel like it's some sort of never ending purgatory?
  • Samu abandoned.

Breschel did earlier as well.

Not sure why roche quit.

Only 70 riders left.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • IanLD wrote:
    'Team Sky' plodding round off the back not looking like they are going much further.

Course doesn't suit any of them.

Thankfully, there still 75 riders that the course does seem to suit. :)
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • rick_chasey
    Samu abandoned.

Breschel did earlier as well.

Not sure why roche quit.

Only 70 riders left.

You must remember roche moaning that he hates it when it's cold and wet in the Vuelta.
  • Frenchie did something traumatic happen to you on a trip to Manchester velodrome?

suprised to see Degenkolb up there
  • I'm reading those CONAD advertising signs as something else.

Do they deliberately gave no kms to go graphic to make us feel like it's some sort of never ending purgatory?

Boardman is on an endless loop of saying the breakaway will get caught next lap.
  • The two up front are team mates with netapp

Degenkolb still there!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 78 riders mentioned on the timer before the race director got bored with it. No Brits on it.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Just in and i just KNEW wiggins would be out the race. is their a more selfish rider in the peleton just now. if it's not on his terms he spits the dummy out. there was no chance of him helping froome today. the excuses book will be doing overtime today.
  • Reichenbach falls!

Been waiting for that for ages (because of the Sherlock link, not because im a sadist). Hope he's ok.
  • Reichenbach falls!

Been waiting for that for ages (because of the Sherlock link, not because im a sadist). Hope he's ok.

Lol. Good one.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Froome has abandoned 92 Kms
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Ninety-odd km to go. If this is the attrition part, I can hardly wait until the racing proper starts! :)
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • Ger have three up front. Wow. Colour me surprised.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Pretty weak German squad which brings to the fore their lack of breadth in type of riders.

Three Germans at the front :D
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Given the names of riders that have abandoned and some of those still in the main group (Romanian called Nechita).. you have to think that for some it's just the end of a long hard season. Others just don't fancy it in this weather (not like they'll get a kicking from their employers) or they've crashed/lost touch being stuck behind a crash.