World Championship - ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Just squawking now on BBC. Seems live feed doesn't count as they jump channel.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Barta and Huzarski are doing a cracking job at the front. Wonder when a team will start to put the pressure on again? All still in the peloton seem to have been relatively comfortable for a few laps now.
  • kerry-man wrote:
    As I've stated before, this is a ridiculous race as it's so stacked in favour of a handful of nations who have teams of 9 against others with only 1 or 2 riders....
    Having 8 other Luxembourgers is not going to help Jungels much. Pfft.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    kerry-man wrote:
    As I've stated before, this is a ridiculous race as it's so stacked in favour of a handful of nations who have teams of 9 against others with only 1 or 2 riders....

So that's why Britain had 9 men and now have Zero ??? :roll:
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    reports that Cancellara is out! Hope not

False alarm.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    kerry-man wrote:
    I think today's race is stacked in favour of those who have the legs and the desire to ride all day in these conditions.
  • Turfle wrote:
    reports that Cancellara is out! Hope not

False alarm.

Phew
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Cancellaras just been in picture helmet off and doing his hair. He,s gotta look good for the victory photo, def still in the race.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • hammerite
    IanLD wrote:

They quite often have no commentary for bits of red button coverage. Brotherton and Boardman might like to go for a pee and a sandwich at some point in a 7 hour commentary!

I was surprised there was any commentary at all as often there isn't any until the coverage starts on TV.
  • IanLD
    ademort wrote:
    Cancellaras just been in picture helmet off and doing his hair. He,s gotta look good for the victory photo, def still in the race.

He's a bit early to be doing his hair for the podium. Hope he gets it though :D
  • hammerite wrote:
    IanLD wrote:

They quite often have no commentary for bits of red button coverage. Brotherton and Boardman might like to go for a pee and a sandwich at some point in a 7 hour commentary!

I was surprised there was any commentary at all as often there isn't any until the coverage starts on TV.

Boardman's been doing some intro stuff for BBC2.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Surely attacks will have to come soon. One predictable Nibali attack on the penultimate lap isn't going to get rid of Sagan.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    So much better now it's in HD, I can actually tell which rider is which!
  • hammerite wrote:
    Barta and Huzarski are doing a cracking job at the front. Wonder when a team will start to put the pressure on again? All still in the peloton seem to have been relatively comfortable for a few laps now.

Defo. Not like the group behind has been softly either.

Great job by GB to ride on the front for the first 100ks in order to keep the rest of the teams comfortable.

Contador crashed chased and still in it.

Really hope Gilbert doesnt win.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hammerite
    ademort wrote:

I hope he's sorted out his glasses too, he'll have the arms inside the straps of his helmet otherwise :shock:
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    hammerite wrote:
    ademort wrote:

I hope he's sorted out his glasses too, he'll have the arms inside the straps of his helmet otherwise :shock:
    He is far too cool for that
  • IanLD
    Commentary back now. Didn't realise they had to stop to do intro for BBC2.
  • I dont like this italian kit...keep asking myself why there are so many russians on the front.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • IanLD
    At last they've mention Thomas still running.

Thought Sagan still there
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    edited September 2013
    Peloton split in two. EBH on the back of the first group
  • Gazzetta67
    hammerite wrote:

Great job by GB to ride on the front for the first 100ks in order to keep the rest of the teams comfortable.

Why not frenchie ? Tommy V looks a good bet :mrgreen:
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Cancellara is looking very good for this. Very strong
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Thomas abandoned according to BBC2
  • IanLD
    OK Thomas out...
  • Scarponi looking very easy. He won GP Etruschi recently.

Thomas out.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 1st bit of peloton split.
  • Gazzetta67
    emadden wrote:
    Cancellara is looking very good for this. Very strong

Agree. who are the dutch riders ?
  • hammerite

Someone has to ride on the front, but why the whole GB team? - just doesn't make sense. Any astute team would make the riders of the favourites keep the break in check - Belgians, Italians, Slovaks and Swiss. Or just stick a rider from each of those teams rotating on the front.

There would be 200 riders sat there thinking happy days, armchair ride for the first 100k.

The country did better than this with just Russ Downing racing!
  • Gazzetta67 wrote:
    hammerite wrote:

Why not frenchie ? Tommy V looks a good bet :mrgreen:

I like him a lot certainly but he does not deserve it this year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Just tuned in, why has the whole GB team stopped? Because of rain?
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP