Tdf Stage 19 *** Spoilers*** Bourg - Le Grand Bornand

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Get 's a burger, wouldya pal...
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Bromance in the commentary box.

Calrton and Sean sound very very chummy these days. I expect they have shared many a bottle of red over the past few weeks.
  • alan_a
    oneof1982 wrote:
    jamie1012 wrote:
    Imlach and Rendell commentating rather than the Two Phils = bliss.

Just about to say this. Turned over from Carlton at the last ad break, and am not going back (until they bring on Pinky and Perky). These guys, particularly Rendell are great.

turned over to listen and what do I get... bl00dy adverts. :roll:
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    edited July 2013
    My Tour viewing has escalated from asking mate in IT to allow me streaming media access and watching it on a small screen in the corner of my monitor, to going home at 12pm yesterday to watch on TV, to getting a splitter and beaming it on to the big screen. There's only 5 of us in my part of the office and they all have an interest in the race now - that interest was zero at nearly 3 weeks ago.

Good job I leave on Tuesday.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    nweststeyn wrote:
    I like Matt Rendell, he's a nutter.

He's brilliant - would love to see more of him in the ITV coverage.
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Alan A wrote:
    oneof1982 wrote:
    jamie1012 wrote:

Just about to say this. Turned over from Carlton at the last ad break, and am not going back (until they bring on Pinky and Perky). These guys, particularly Rendell are great.

Too late, Pinky and Perky time.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Alan A wrote:
    oneof1982 wrote:
    jamie1012 wrote:

Went downstairs to the atrium to watch for a bit and got the same thing! :evil:
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • goonz
    They are back!
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Bauer crashed coming off the Glandon apparently (is OK and back on the bike)
  • oneof1982
    Crash on the descent... a Garmin-Sharp rider
    There has been a crash on the descent of the col du Glandon. The rider involved is from the Garmin-Sharp team... but that's the only information we have.

Believe its Jack Bauer

Update
    Bauer a puncture... but not sure if he crashed...
    The Garmin-Sharp rider who was named as a crash victim on the descent is Jack Bauer. We are not certain if he fell or just stopped to get a new front wheel after a puncture. Pardon any confusion caused.
  • oneof1982
    Bauer abondoned
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Jack Bauer - 24 - Out. Crash on descent of Glandon :(
    www.dotcycling.com
  • adr82
    Oh wait Bauer has abandoned...
  • hammerite
    I saw Cav and assumed he was out the back and being nursed... but apparently 3 OPQS riders have attacked the peloton and one of them is Cav! The other is Kwia... he had a race cape on though so was difficult to spot.

Jack Bauer has crashed and has abandoned.
  • oneof1982
    There is now one New Zealander left in the peloton.

Who?
  • hammerite
    oneof1982 wrote:
    There is now one New Zealander left in the peloton.

Who?

Hendo
  • hammerite
    12:23
    Vanmarcke leads peloton a day after climbing Alpe d'Huez in big chainring
    Sep Vanmarcke (BEL) is at front of the peloton that crested the col du Glandon 7'50" behind the two stage leaders. The Belkin rider had bike problems yesterday and was forced to do the second ascent of Alpe d'Huez in the 53 chainring... he posted the 42nd best time for the climb, a little over nine minutes slower than Quintana who was fastest.

8)
  • hammerite
    Cavendish says that sprinters are good descenders as they have to use the downs to make up time so they don't get eliminated. Guess we'll see how much of a job he can do for Kwia here....
  • adr82
    edited July 2013
    Froome not on the back of the Sky train at the front of the peloton just now? Couldn't see where he was.

Edit: or has he got a black jacket on now?
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    hammerite wrote:
    I saw Cav and assumed he was out the back and being nursed... but apparently 3 OPQS riders have attacked the peloton and one of them is Cav! The other is Kwia... he had a race cape on though so was difficult to spot.

Jack Bauer has crashed and has abandoned.

Cav rides well in adverse weather conditions, shame about Bauer.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • alan_a
    hammerite wrote:

wow. Thought they were out the back. Ticker saying they attacked too.

Has Cav ever been in front of the peleton in the alps?
  • oneof1982
    Composition of 38 rider counter-attack group
    The following riders are in the move that is 2'55" behind the two stage leaders:

De Marchi (CAN), Bak (LTB), De Clercq (LTB), Burghardt (BMC), Moinard (BMC), Morabito (BMC), Bakelants (RTL), Didier (RTL), Kloden (RTL), Cousin (EUC), Gavazzi (AST), Geniez (FDJ), Bardet (ALM), Kadri (ALM), Hernandez (TST), Paulinho (TST), Nieve (EUS), Sicard (EUS), Costa (MOV), Plaza (MOV), Rojas (MOV), Coppel (COF), Navarro (COF), Favilli (LAM), Serpa (LAM), Martin (OPQ), Gesink (BEL), Nordhaug (BEL), Meyer (OGE) and Hoogerland.
  • Give me more
    Give me more Posts: 487
    Alan A wrote:
    hammerite wrote:

same, especially with the way my commentators phrased it. Sounded like Kwia was in trouble and then showed the time gaps and he was out the front of the peleton :O
  • adr82
    Alan A wrote:
    hammerite wrote:

Has Cav ever been in front of the peloton in the alps?
    He did a decent turn for Sky last year, leading the peloton into the lower slopes of one of the climbs in the last few stages (forget which one exactly).
  • oneof1982
    Tuft in a crash: but riding again...
    Svein Tuft has been involved in a big crash but the Canadian is back on his bike after the incident on the descent of the Glandon.
  • goonz
    oneof1982 wrote:
    Composition of 38 rider counter-attack group
    The following riders are in the move that is 2'55" behind the two stage leaders:

De Marchi (CAN), Bak (LTB), De Clercq (LTB), Burghardt (BMC), Moinard (BMC), Morabito (BMC), Bakelants (RTL), Didier (RTL), Kloden (RTL), Cousin (EUC), Gavazzi (AST), Geniez (FDJ), Bardet (ALM), Kadri (ALM), Hernandez (TST), Paulinho (TST), Nieve (EUS), Sicard (EUS), Costa (MOV), Plaza (MOV), Rojas (MOV), Coppel (COF), Navarro (COF), Favilli (LAM), Serpa (LAM), Martin (OPQ), Gesink (BEL), Nordhaug (BEL), Meyer (OGE) and Hoogerland.

What no Chava in the break?
  • adr82
    adr82 wrote:
    Froome not on the back of the Sky train at the front of the peloton just now? Couldn't see where he was.

Edit: or has he got a black jacket on now?
    Yes he does, saw the yellow helmet and thought he was a Saxo!
  • goonz
    OPQS helping Sky or riding for their own interests?
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    oneof1982 wrote:
    Tuft in a crash: but riding again...
    Svein Tuft has been involved in a big crash but the Canadian is back on his bike after the incident on the descent of the Glandon.

How's the Glandon?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    goonz wrote:
    OPQS helping Sky or riding for their own interests?

Going for white, I would think
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent