Tdf Stage 19 *** Spoilers*** Bourg - Le Grand Bornand

1192021222325»

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Well i made the right decision it seems

Got in a nice 75km, 40 odd through the Dunes into a horrific headwind, then the rest back through the Dune fields (which are much prettier in the Spring) :)

Good work Rui Costa! Hope the rest had a good rest!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Again Seriously I only pressed Submit once!!!
    - @ddraver
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Really very surprised that Contador didnt try and attack and lose Quintana for a handful of seconds. I wouldnt be comfortable of my 2nd spot if I was him and that climb tomorrow. He stopped any loss of time today with his team riding hard in the finale but he should have at least tried or even Kreuziger go on the attack to try and gain back the podium.
    Genuine question, in all seriousness: has this Tour dented your opinion of Contador at all?
  • Apparently the Green jersey isn't mathematically over...

Still a max of 105 points available and Cav 'only' 102 behind, he can do it easy!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ddraver wrote:
    Got in a nice 75km, 40 odd through the Dunes into a horrific headwind, then the rest back through the Dune fields (which are much prettier in the Spring) :)

Nice. :D
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    Chowing down on a nice Ezy Noodles now :D
    - @ddraver
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    As a straight bloke, (who admittedly watches very athletic men in lycra shaved to within an inch of their lives for pleasure) I think that bloke dressed up as Wonder Woman would definitely get it....
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Well just finished watching today's stage. what a bloody waste of a stage, The tour is turning into 3 etape du tours in the alps...Is this what modern cycling is turning into now. so much for attacking froome....oh no were shyteing ourselves and will ride for 2nd and all other places. They have ALL given up since the ventoux. the only team who showed any balls were Garmin on the 2nd pyrenees stage. total borefest, the tour might be the biggest race but its not a patch on the giro or vuelta these days.
  • confused@BR
    confused@BR Posts: 295
    After thirty seven pages and seven? hours of racing 'The Stone' read it right. Would you care to post early tomorrow and save us all any doubts?

I suppose this is what 'clean' racing is like.
    'fool'
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Well just finished watching today's stage. what a bloody waste of a stage, The tour is turning into 3 etape du tours in the alps...Is this what modern cycling is turning into now. so much for attacking froome....oh no were shyteing ourselves and will ride for 2nd and all other places. They have ALL given up since the ventoux. the only team who showed any balls were Garmin on the 2nd pyrenees stage. total borefest, the tour might be the biggest race but its not a patch on the giro or vuelta these days.

Yeah I say bring back the naughty sauce and we can have them all sprinting up hills in the big ring taking swings at each other :roll:

This tour has been a very good race so far, perhaps you forgot/missed the first two weeks?

I'd also like to know how you can possibly think that the Giro was good this year, let alone better than the tour?!!
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    It"s been ok, Giro was ok, neither a standout for me though I'd have the last week of the Tour edging it on points.

Makes me laugh that you can't criticise a race without someone thinking you want a return to doping though - the EPO era had some of the dullest racing ever.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    It"s been ok, Giro was ok, neither a standout for me though I'd have the last week of the Tour edging it on points.

Makes me laugh that you can't criticise a race without someone thinking you want a return to doping though - the EPO era had some of the dullest racing ever.

Damn right. Seeing Riis, Armstrong, Valverde, Contador, Vino (etc etc etc) attacking was a predictable boring joke.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    COSTA_zps5381140b.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest