Tdf Stage 19 *** Spoilers*** Bourg - Le Grand Bornand

Comments

• oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Adverts on ES and ITV4 at the same time. Shouldn't be allowed.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    What are we doing for elevenses - does anyone fancy a game of I-Spy :D

I could do with a cuppa meself. I'll put the kettle on.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • oneof1982
    What are we doing for elevenses - does anyone fancy a game of I-Spy :D

Got a busy morning. Priniting off directions to get to hotel in paris! He he. :D
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Damn phone calls. I should just refuse to answer my phone while the Tour is on!

Tell me about it! I got caught with 2 conference calls yesterday! 2! The cheek.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • goonz wrote:
    seanorawe wrote:
    What's worse, polka dot shorts or brown Ag2r shorts? I can't decide.

I really like the Ag2r kit. Its defo my fav

Agree, not a bad kit at all...

I like the jersey and it has grown on me as an ensemble but I dunno, just can't convince myself on brown shorts.
  • oneof1982
    Carlton "doping allegations bordering on bullying".
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    :roll: Someone running alongside froome slapping his forearm calling him a doper
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Its going to be a slog.. but I'm going to try and watch the entire stage today.

Not even going to have my normal mid-stage nap!
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    edited July 2013
    oneof1982 wrote:
    Doesn't make a difference to me, I've come all the way to France without the Sky HD remote control! You'll watch some crap when the alternative is getting of your arse and manually searching through the TV guide on the Sky box.

As for elevenses, I'm currently tucking into a bag of Brets Poulet Braise crisps until the Mrs has the heart to come in from the pool and make my lunch!
  • goonz
    goonz wrote:
    seanorawe wrote:
    What's worse, polka dot shorts or brown Ag2r shorts? I can't decide.

I really like the Ag2r kit. Its defo my fav

Agree, not a bad kit at all...

I like the jersey and it has grown on me as an ensemble but I dunno, just can't convince myself on brown shorts.

With the recent bout of tummy upsets on the tour, I think brown shorts have grown on quite a few of the riders...
  • napoleond
    Going to make myself an omelette.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    NapoleonD wrote:
    :roll: Someone running alongside froome slapping his forearm calling him a doper

punched for his trouble?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • goonz
    NapoleonD wrote:

punched for his trouble?

Froome would probably dislocate his shoulder punching a fly...
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 wrote:
    Doesn't make a difference to me, I've come all the way to France without the Sky HD remote control! You'll watch some crap when the alternative is getting of your ars* and manually searching through the TV guide on the Sky box.

As for elevenses, I'm currently tucking into a bag of Brets Poulet Braise crisps until the Mrs has the heart to come in from the pool and make my lunch!

Eh :?:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I really shouldnt go out for a Kapsalon....

Had a few after work (ok after tour for me) drinks last night and a friend I ve not seen for a while commented on how fat I looked :cry::(:cry:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    I hate these switch backs at this dam, however last year I somehow had Strava KOM on this upcoming 1.1km section along the lake. I held it for 24hrs. I was 9th this morning assume I'll be behind Ten Dam & Roy and thus no longer top ten after this. :cry:
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    oneof1982 wrote:
    oneof1982 wrote:
    Doesn't make a difference to me, I've come all the way to France without the Sky HD remote control! You'll watch some crap when the alternative is getting of your ars* and manually searching through the TV guide on the Sky box.

Meaning, I haven't got the luxury of switching channels to avoid adverts like you guys so have to put up with them no matter what.
  • napoleond
    ddraver wrote:

Had a few after work (ok after tour for me) drinks last night and a friend I ve not seen for a while commented on how fat I looked :cry::(:cry:

It's peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time!

Not a good thing to be told :(
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    Sky at the back, froome issue?
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • goonz
    oneof1982 wrote:
    oneof1982 wrote:

Meaning, I haven't got the luxury of switching channels to avoid adverts like you guys so have to put up with them no matter what.

Oh the hard life... :wink:
  • napoleond
    Froome back up to the front
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    ddraver wrote:

Friend a cyclist? That's the only time man on man weight comment is appropriate.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I Spy... Glow in the dark Prophylactic Man.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • napoleond
    Very wet roads
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 wrote:
    oneof1982 wrote:

Ah, right.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Race cape time.

descent is wet.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    For anyone following the lanterne rouge, Ned Veelers has managed to make the early break, slipping quietly out the back when nobody was watching.

Steegmans and Le Mevel are no threat to him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • oneof1982
    25 of the 41 riders in the second group
    We are still trying to confirm the full list of men in the second group (1'30" behind Hesjedal and Izaguirre. But, for the moment, we have 25 of the 41 in the group that is about 2'20" ahead of the peloton.

De Marchi (CAN), Moser (CAN), Bak (LTB), De Clercq (LTB), Burghardt (BMC), Moinard (BMC), Bakelants (RLT), Schleck (RLT), Kloden (RLT), Didier (RLT), Cousin (EUC), Rolland (EUC), Kadri (ALM), Riblon (ALM), Hernandez (TST), Paulinho (TST), Costa (MOV), Plaza (MOV), Rojas (MOV), Coppel (COF), Cunego (LAM), Serpa (LAM), Meyer (OGE), Nordhaug (BEL) and Hoogerland (VCD.
  • MBCaad8
    MBCaad8 Posts: 127
    Alan A wrote:
    I hate these switch backs at this dam, however last year I somehow had Strava KOM on this upcoming 1.1km section along the lake. I held it for 24hrs. I was 9th this morning assume I'll be behind Ten Dam & Roy and thus no longer top ten after this. :cry:

Linky? Would like to know how many thousand are faster than me....
  • oneof1982
    Lovin the pictures of the reservoir. Do you think there are any returning dead people around?