Tdf Stage 19 *** Spoilers*** Bourg - Le Grand Bornand

Comments

• hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    edited July 2013
    This is like a quiet Sunday afternoon in the pub with your mates surveying the damage from a heavy night out the night before. everyone wants to be there, but no one can be bothered to make an effort.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    alanjay wrote:
    Big shame the SKY boys have recovered amazingly this week. I really hope some of them get smoked early doors. They could potentially turn this stage into a pretty poor day.

Big shame that Contador has held Kreuziger back this tour. If he'd have been let off the leash we'd have had more of a contest.

Really? Please let me know by how many seconds Kreuziger beat Contador in the first time trial and the second and how much time Kreuziger put into him yesterday?

Have I missed your reply to this?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    ddraver wrote:
    The nice thing is that it looks like Ryder and Pierre have become Firm Friends....
    Given the lingering caress Rolland just gave Ryder's back side that I've just seen from 3 different angles and in slow-mo I think they might be becoming more than friends...
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    alanjay wrote:
    Big shame the SKY boys have recovered amazingly this week. I really hope some of them get smoked early doors. They could potentially turn this stage into a pretty poor day.

Big shame that Contador has held Kreuziger back this tour. If he'd have been let off the leash we'd have had more of a contest.

Really? Please let me know by how many seconds Kreuziger beat Contador in the first time trial and the second and how much time Kreuziger put into him yesterday?

You fail to answer the vast majority of the questions people ask you, so this is simply hilarious...
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Where can I buy the ryder sunnies?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    emadden wrote:
    This stage is almost identical to stage 17 of the 2004 Tour... only difference being L'Epine is in the course today whereas they had Forclaz in 2004.... Will be interesting to see the times on the climbs. One interesting thing is that Glandon was only ranked Cat 1 in 2004 and this year it is HC... I always thought it was HC. (Downling the 2004 stage torrent now)....

Yesterday downloaded and watched the EDIT: 1983 climb of Alpe d;Huez and the fans were just as rowdy back then. Only difference being the barriers now start about 3.5km out, whereas in the past the barriers only started in the last 700m or so

Disagree mate - have the 83 tour on VHS and the crowds are not rowdy - was a predictable shytey stage ....the alpe has now outgrown the tour now.
  • symo
    watching this on itv4; enjoying the elite group commentary
    +++++++++++++++++++++

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • frenchfighter
    Why were Froome and Quintana off the back?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    symo wrote:

In the W@nker Department of Debenhams, just underneath the baseball caps.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Do you think Confidis have black and yellow helmets, so if every other team had wiped out during the TTT and Confidis had ended up leading the teams classification they wouldn't have needed separate yellow helmets?
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    The points for the sprint in Albertville were won by:

1. Hesjedal (GRS) 20pts
    2. Rolland (EUC) 17pts
    3. Rojas (MOV) 15pts
    4. Flecha (VCD) 13pts
    5. Perez (EUS) 11pts
    6. Sicard (EUS) 10pts
    7. Bakelants (RTL) 9pts
    8. Didier (RTL) 8pts
    9. Cunego (LAM) 7pts
    10. Coppel (COF) 6pts
    11. Geschke (ARG) 5pts
    12. Costa (MOV) 4pts
    13. Bardet (ALM) 3pts
    14. Plaza (MOV) 2pts
    15. Kloden (RTL) 1pt
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Mechanism wrote:
    No comedy please, I have a serious dilemma.

I have a library book that's overdue and don't know if I'll get there in time unless they pick up the pace. Didn't even get to the end and some f**ker reserved it.

Deffo finish the book and take the fine.

It'll only be 20 seconds :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,399

To give Bertie a chance,

or, to take their 'medicine'
  • mfin
    Ryder being dropped by Rolland
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    hammerite wrote:
    This is like a quiet Sunday afternoon in the pub with your mates surveying the damage from a heavy night out the night before. everyone wants to be there, but no one can be bothered to make an effort.

This is modern cycling now. everyone afraid to attack and conserve their GC place.....Bring back EPO, belgian pot whatever i say 8)
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Plotting against Contador. Or having a pee.
  • hammerite

Don't think it was anything untoward. Perhaps a toilet stop or a trip back to the cars to get something.
  • Dorset_Boy
    adr82 wrote:
    alanjay wrote:

You fail to answer the vast majority of the questions people ask you, so this is simply hilarious...

You must remember that Frenchie applies triple standards at least.
    Not that he'll read the majority of the thread as it seems he has blocked 80% of us.
  • mfin
    adr82 wrote:
    Plotting against Contador. Or having a pee.

Or going back for pudding. They're not racing the moment.
  • symo
    mfin wrote:
    Ryder being dropped by Rolland
    Always awkward when couples split up. Who will get the CD's? Although with Ryders new Hipster look, Rolland should ensure he doesn't end up with a load of synth electro pop.
    +++++++++++++++++++++

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Only just realised there was a chasing group..... :shock:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    symo wrote:

The Pound Shop
    www.dotcycling.com
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I heard Froome dropped back because a true racer domestique with panache was slowly making his way back into the peloton after being dropped earlier and Sky wanted to stifle his pace so he finishes outside the time limit.
  • hammerite
    I missed that Bakelants was in the break yet again. Although this time I think he's marking Serpa and trying to defend his 21st place on the GC. :lol:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    symo wrote:

Google POC

Yours for a gazillion pounds judging by the rest of Poc's range...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Dorset_Boy
    Is Cav's group still making a bid for glory or have they been swallowed up?
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    ddraver wrote:
    Only just realised there was a chasing group..... :shock:

Full list of counter-attack... 28 men 2'00" behind two leaders
    We have finally been read the full list of riders in the second group. Here are the names of the men who are 1'58" behind the two stage leaders...

De Marchi (CAN), De Clercq (LTB), Burghardt (BMC), Moinard (BMC), Bakelants (RTL), Didier (RTL), Kloden (RTL), Geniez (FDJ), Bardet (ALM), Hernandez (TST), Izaguirre (EUS), Nieve (EUS), Perez (EUS), Sicard (EUS), Costa (MOV), Plaza (MOV), Rojas (MOV), Coppel (COF), Navarro (COF), Cunego (LAM), Serpa (LAM), Gesink (BEL), Nordhaug (BEL), Dumoulin (ARG), Geschke (ARG), Flecha (VCD), Hoogerland (VCD), and Feillu (SOJ).
  • frenchfighter
    If Rolland pulls off a big win today like the one from last year his year is made. That would be a proper heavyweight.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    I`m guessing about page 40 is when I should start to follow the spoiler.

Guess I was more than a little wrong on this one. Good to see.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    emadden wrote:
    This stage is almost identical to stage 17 of the 2004 Tour... only difference being L'Epine is in the course today whereas they had Forclaz in 2004.... Will be interesting to see the times on the climbs. One interesting thing is that Glandon was only ranked Cat 1 in 2004 and this year it is HC... I always thought it was HC. (Downling the 2004 stage torrent now)....

Yesterday downloaded and watched the EDIT: 1983 climb of Alpe d;Huez and the fans were just as rowdy back then. Only difference being the barriers now start about 3.5km out, whereas in the past the barriers only started in the last 700m or so

Disagree mate - have the 83 tour on VHS and the crowds are not rowdy - was a predictable shytey stage ....the alpe has now outgrown the tour now.

Ok the crowds clearly werent as big as they are now, but if you watch again from bend 10 onwards, there are lots of "runners", "back slappers" and something which you dont see now: people throwing water at the riders in torrents. I agree its not as crowded, but some people would have you believe that in the past all the fans were quietly sitting in deck chairs.
    www.dotcycling.com