Tdf Stage 19 *** Spoilers*** Bourg - Le Grand Bornand

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    hammerite wrote:
    I wonder how many of these they shifted from the caravan to p!ssed fans on the Alpe yesterday?

http://www.tdf-bike.co.uk/
    Why is the guy in the photo wearing his helmet to ride it? :mrgreen:
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    hammerite wrote:
    I wonder how many of these they shifted from the caravan to p!ssed fans on the Alpe yesterday?

The only testimonials on the page are from two triathletes, so I assume you can't get a proper position on it and when you first get on it its so realistic that you fall off and have to get back on again before you start your ride?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    As I said elsewhere, as graceful as a flock of chickens.
    a-flock-of-seagulls.jpg
    :shock:
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    mfin wrote:
    hammerite wrote:

The only testimonials on the page are from two triathletes, so I assume you can't get a proper position on it and when you first get on it its so realistic that you fall off and have to get back on again before you start your ride?

You also have to pee yourself while riding it.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    Macaloon wrote:
    a-flock-of-seagulls.jpg

Is that a flock of chickens?
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Macaloon wrote:
    a-flock-of-seagulls.jpg

No its a flock of seagulls
    :)
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    The silly Saxo Tinker train on the front now, deadlocking the race.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mfin
    NapoleonD wrote:
    The silly Saxo Tinker train on the front now, deadlocking the race.

• above_the_cows
    Macaloon wrote:
    a-flock-of-seagulls.jpg

No its a flock of seagulls

Bit before my time they were.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    ^ not before my time - I have to admit to having some of their vinyl. Doesn't stand the test of time I'm afraid but I guess you probably worked that out
  • mfin
    STOP PRESS!! I THINK I JUST SAW FROOME HAVING A GEL!!!!
  • above_the_cows
    Anyone want to join me in a daring yet ultimately doomed comedy break away to relieve the tedium?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Shame these days in the Alps are going to be a bit of a snoozefest. It could have been so good.

Well said LL - Was just saying that. Just came in from work to have my lunch and i guess Movistar & Saxobank have let Sky set the F***ing pace yet again :roll: .....Cant they ever learn and see that sky's team are out the back once the pace goes up. At least Garmin are trying to set things up...Here was me thinking that the sponsor is more important rather than going with a team leader not in form and going with the 2nd in command.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Can we run a sweep for when in the race Ryder is going to regret this and start chewing on his handlebars?

Already ridden a blooming long way on the front and still a blooming long way to go.
  • mfin
    edited July 2013
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Shame these days in the Alps are going to be a bit of a snoozefest. It could have been so good.

Well said LL - Was just saying that. Just came in from work to have my lunch and i guess Movistar & Saxobank have let Sky set the F***ing pace yet again :roll: .....Cant they ever learn and see that sky's team are out the back once the pace goes up. At least Garmin are trying to set things up...Here was me thinking that the sponsor is more important rather than going with a team leader not in form and going with the 2nd in command.

Saxo are on the front.

Also, noone's really racing, in fact, they're just about to pick up a spot of lunch.

The pace doesn't seem to go up once the Sky team peel off either. If it did, Sky would be slowing things down riding on the front not keeping the pace high, which is invariably not what they are doing, they're keeping the pace high.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    hammerite wrote:
    Can we run a sweep for when in the race Ryder is going to regret this and start chewing on his handlebars?

Already ridden a blooming long way on the front and still a blooming long way to go.

Its the TdF! Win or bust
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    WTF are those glasses that Ryder has on?
    Reminds me of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Anyone want to join me in a daring yet ultimately doomed comedy break away to relieve the tedium?

I swear the clock on my computer is running backwards

however someone has just brought round a bowl of ice lollies at work so WIN!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    No comedy please, I have a serious dilemma.

I have a library book that's overdue and don't know if I'll get there in time unless they pick up the pace. Didn't even get to the end and some f**ker reserved it.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Mechanism wrote:

I have a library book that's overdue and don't know if I'll get there in time unless they pick up the pace. Didn't even get to the end and some f**ker reserved it.

Deffo finish the book and take the fine.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    edited July 2013
    This stage is almost identical to stage 17 of the 2004 Tour... only difference being L'Epine is in the course today whereas they had Forclaz in 2004.... Will be interesting to see the times on the climbs. One interesting thing is that Glandon was only ranked Cat 1 in 2004 and this year it is HC... I always thought it was HC. (Downling the 2004 stage torrent now)....

Yesterday downloaded and watched the EDIT: 1983 climb of Alpe d;Huez and the fans were just as rowdy back then. Only difference being the barriers now start about 3.5km out, whereas in the past the barriers only started in the last 700m or so
    www.dotcycling.com
  • ddraver
    Mechanism wrote:

Are you 75? ;)

I'm seriously thinking of sacking this one off. No way can Ryder out climb Rolland and it's blue sky outside...
    - @ddraver
  • mfin
    Mechanism wrote:

Get reading, it's great, it's mostly pictures and against all odds everything comes good for Mr Bump at the end.
  • Give me more
    Give me more Posts: 487
    Mechanism wrote:

Deffo finish the book and take the fine.

I know what Sky would do in the same situation
  • ddraver
    mfin wrote:
    Mechanism wrote:

Get reading, it's great, it's mostly pictures and against all odds everything comes good for Mr Bump at the end.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    - @ddraver
  • hammerite
    Mechanism wrote:

The race is having it's lunch break, nothing is happening. Head off to the library now back in plenty of time for the finish (at least 2 hours I reckon)... assuming you're not miles away from the library.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    symo wrote:
    WTF are those glasses that Ryder has on?
    Reminds me of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I

"Guest List: Richard Head" - never gets old :lol:
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • hammerite
    wake up... we have a wheel change for Rolland.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

I`m guessing neither of you watched the race yday.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    The nice thing is that it looks like Ryder and Pierre have become Firm Friends....
    - @ddraver