TDF 2013 Stage 16 **Spoilers** Vaison-la-Romaine - Gap

Comments

• hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    DeadCalm wrote:
    David Millar ‏@millarmind 14m
    I predict a riot the first hour of today's stage. Might treat myself to a caffeine gel on the start line

Everyone trying to get in the break. Cannondale will be trying to hold it together for Sagan's chances.

How about a Frenchman to get their first win of the Tour? Has there been a tour where the French haven't won a stage?
  • slimreaper
    slimreaper Posts: 738
    TheBigBean wrote:
    I'm utterly confused. There are two spoiler threads. Which one is supposed to be about cycling and stage 16?
    Im wth you BB
  • Froboz
    Froboz Posts: 32
    The other thread sits somewhere between reader's digest and woman's own ... It's an f'ing joke that the same 10 people just post whatever they like to the detriment of others ...

Hopefully this one will keep to the race ...

The other thread was created first actually, so whoever created this one needs a slap. The threads should be merged - I'll suggest it.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    @PhilippeGilbert
    "Contador have always his best day the day after the second rest day. So remake of 2011? Nice stage for offensive"
  • dish_dash
    Froboz wrote:
    The other thread sits somewhere between reader's digest and woman's own ... It's an f'ing joke that the same 10 people just post whatever they like to the detriment of others ...

The other thread was created first actually, so whoever created this one needs a slap. The threads should be merged - I'll suggest it.

The other thread was actually the rest day thread and then re-named... so the first few pages are rest day waffle... at least the waffle here started today!
  • hammerite
    Froboz wrote:

but the other thread was the rest day spoiler thread. Someone changed the title to the Stage 16 thread, which probably isn't right either.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    This started off as the rest day thread ... So why change it? Seems to me like those involved like the sound of their own keyboard and must inflict their surreal brand of race comment onto others ...

Change this thread to 'General TdF Guff' and then keep the nonsense to one place for the final week? Pretty please?
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Spa in Belgium - I presume tehre is a town as well as a motor racing circuit
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    dish_dash wrote:
    @PhilippeGilbert
    "Contador have always his best day the day after the second rest day. So remake of 2011? Nice stage for offensive"

Yeah, funny that :roll:

Any other racing news people instead of inane waffle.

Is Sagan expected to get in the break or being chasing it down all day?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    PeteMadoc wrote:

Sagan was in the break for a long time on Sunday. The Saganistas must be hoping Argos, OGE and QS have something to chase for too.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,532
    Macaloon wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:

Sagan was in the break for a long time on Sunday. The Saganistas must be hoping Argos, OGE and QS have something to chase for too.

Can't see the sprinters teams doing anything today. The descent is too quick and short for them to have a chance.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Macaloon wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:

Too hard for the sprinters today, Cat 2 12km(?) from the finish. Unless they're interested in the intermediate but surely everyone's given up on green.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    dish_dash wrote:
    @PhilippeGilbert
    I hope there is some irony in there from PhilGil
  • Froboz
    Froboz Posts: 32
    dish_dash wrote:
    The other thread was actually the rest day thread and then re-named... so the first few pages are rest day waffle... at least the waffle here started today!

Aah - fair enough. I'll shush then :wink:
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Macaloon wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:

Too hard for the sprinters today, Cat 2 12km(?) from the finish. Unless they're interested in the intermediate but surely everyone's given up on green.

Was thinking of more of Degenkolb & Kwiatkowski. Not CavTel.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    1. Mark Cavendish ‏@MarkCavendish 33m

So if I want to get to Paris, now come 5 of the hardest consecutive days I'll ever face on a bike. In the best team to get through it though
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    edited July 2013
    t4tomo wrote:
    Spa in Belgium - I presume tehre is a town as well as a motor racing circuit

I believe that the circuit is spa francochamps and the town is francochamps.

This is surprisingly difficult!
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Thread meltdown....
  • TheBigBean
    Macaloon wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:

Was thinking of more of Degenkolb & Kwiatkowski. Not CavTel.

I think Kwiatkowski is a good shout, but I doubt OPQS will work for it. Cannondale need to do the work, but I think they must have destroyed themselves last week.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Thread meltdown....

who ever renamed the rest day thread needs a slap. That's what caused the confusion.

Must be due a Voekler breakaway win aren't we? - We'll probably get a Voekler breakaway epic but dignified failure.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • TheBigBean
    Poor old Iain. This thread now has 11 pages before the race has started. That will ruin the pie chart.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Poor old Iain. This thread now has 11 pages before the race has started. That will ruin the pie chart.

this.

Iain's pie charts are more important than cheese or geology or towns with 3 letters. :!:

Bloody late start time for today 12.15... pah.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Ok so if this is the spoiler thread where is the race profile etc?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    hammerite wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    I predict a riot the first hour of today's stage. Might treat myself to a caffeine gel on the start line

Everyone trying to get in the break. Cannondale will be trying to hold it together for Sagan's chances.

How about a Frenchman to get their first win of the Tour? Has there been a tour where the French haven't won a stage?
    Last happened in 1999 I believe. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists could have some fun with that.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Sagan vs Cunego downhill rematch!

Or maybe not
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    goonz wrote:
    Ok so if this is the spoiler thread where is the race profile etc?

After the thread merge its on page 6.
  • dish_dash
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Hearing that Thibaut Pinot has abandoned. Very sad if true.

So Pinot's fear of descents is so bad that he can't even be bothered to attempt today's...

To be fair he lost a packed of time on Sunday...
  • hammerite
    DeadCalm wrote:
    hammerite wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:

Last happened in 1999 I believe. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists could have some fun with that.

Thanks for that. I wondered whether it had happened at all.
  • DeadCalm
    Bardet convinced that the break will stick and hinting he's going to try and be in it. I'm torn. If the break does tick the stage will probably be dull but I'd love Romain to get France's first (and probably only) stage win of the Tour.
  • DeadCalm
    hammerite wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    hammerite wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:

Thanks for that. I wondered whether it had happened at all.
    It may well be the only time it has ever happened. I went back as far as 1965 and that was the only instance I could find. It's pretty much unimaginable that they didn't win at least one stage in all the Tours before that isn't it?