TDF 2013 Stage 16 **Spoilers** Vaison-la-Romaine - Gap

1222324252628»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    Yeah, a bit random! I'd assumed the same, it's certainly interesting to see how things change in 4 years. I'd thought Kwia could be a GT contender (maybe he still could be in time) and Pinno suggesting Quintana might just be a climber who would struggle in TTs.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Pross wrote:
    Yeah, a bit random! I'd assumed the same, it's certainly interesting to see how things change in 4 years. I'd thought Kwia could be a GT contender (maybe he still could be in time) and Pinno suggesting Quintana might just be a climber who would struggle in TTs.

ITT, Vuelta 2016

Quintana - 11th.

ITT, TDF 2016

Quintana - 20th.

Don't think I was far off the mark.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    Pinno wrote:
    Pross wrote:

ITT, Vuelta 2016

Quintana - 11th.

ITT, TDF 2016

Quintana - 20th.

I think he's demonstrated he can challenge for GC though :wink:

I just thought it was interesting seeing comments we all made about riders new on the scene just 4 years ago though.
  • pinno
    Pross wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Pross wrote:

ITT, Vuelta 2016

Quintana - 11th.

ITT, TDF 2016

Quintana - 20th.

I just thought it was interesting seeing comments we all made about riders new on the scene just 4 years ago though.

Unless his current TTing ability improves, I doubt he'll win the TdF. You can quote me on that in 4 years time too.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    I'd forgotten how utterly mental Frenchie's ramblings could be.

Always guaranteed a bite...
  • Pinno wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Pross wrote:

ITT, Vuelta 2016

Quintana - 11th.

ITT, TDF 2016

Quintana - 20th.

Unless his current TTing ability improves, I doubt he'll win the TdF. You can quote me on that in 4 years time too.

Le tour can't keep going with short distance TT, they will have to put a long one in soon
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    De Sisti wrote:
    Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd ask my question on this one. I know in tv coverage
    on races the commentators go to great lengths to say that either fans, or a 'clean-up' service by
    the race organiserspick up bottles (and wrappers) ditched by the riders. I'm not convinced by this.
    However, apart from races, the teams will be continually training. When they go out on training rides,
    do the riders still ditch their bidons by the roadside?

I doubt it. When they are training without support they aren't going to throw a bottle - they will refill it.
    On a training camp - there's no need to lob the bottle - it can be taken back to the car to get reused. You'll be back at the car for a new bottle anyway.

Anyone been to Mallorca ? Are the fields full of pro bidons ? I don't think so.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Pross wrote:

ITT, Vuelta 2016

Quintana - 11th.

ITT, TDF 2016

Quintana - 20th.

Le tour can't keep going with short distance TT, they will have to put a long one in soon

I am pretty sure the short TT's are there to limit Froome's advantage. The longer one's are not going to suit Quintana.
    ..but chuck in a mountain TT... I'd like to see an individual TT, a Mountain TT and a TTT included every year but that's just me.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Won't the ITT's shift towards what Pinot and especially Bardet are good at? :wink:
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • pinno
    M.R.M. wrote:
    Won't the ITT's shift towards what Pinot and especially Bardet are good at? :wink:

You see! You should apply for a job with Le Societe de Tour De France.