TDF 2013 Stage 16 **Spoilers** Vaison-la-Romaine - Gap

Comments

• alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    Beloki corner was a furrther 30 - 40 seconds down the road. Lots of PMU banners on it and loads of spectators there too.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Not happy with Froomes comments and the shaking of his head.
    Stop it Alberto! didn't you get the memo? Nobody is allowed to attack unless it's me!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Have I clicked on the CN forum by mistake?

Goodness me, there's been some rubbish posted on here today.
    Had hoped for some informed opinion and clarification.
    Instead, it's all mud and obfuscation.
    Where are the Welsh contingent when you need them?

Back down to Earth with the Tour of Wallonie on Eurosport on Monday.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Wowzers, Peraud sits really far forward on the saddle. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Have I clicked on the CN forum by mistake?

Goodness me, there's been some rubbish posted on here today.
    Had hoped for some informed opinion and clarification.
    Instead, it's all mud and obfuscation.
    Where are the Welsh contingent when you need them?

Back down to Earth with the Tour of Wallonie on Eurosport on Monday.
    And the Eneco Tour next month. The cycling forum equivalent of Froome's worming tablets.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Stop it Alberto! didn't you get the memo? Nobody is allowed to attack unless it's me!

+1

At least he (Contador) does not look like he is going to roll over and capitulate like many before him in a similar position, despite his legs not being as good as Froomes.

Why are we supposing Contadors thumbs up to Quintana was sarcasm? Thats a particularly British point of view - the majority of riders in the peloton don't have that 'needle'. The are pretty sound and have a lot of respect for each other. After all, they race with each other week in week out all season long. Froomes shaking of the head seems a little arrogant
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Wowzers, Peraud sits really far forward on the saddle. Has anyone else noticed this?
    rivet innit
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Why are we supposing Contadors thumbs up to Quintana was sarcasm? Thats a particularly British point of view - the majority of riders in the peloton don't have that 'needle'. The are pretty sound and have a lot of respect for each other. After all, they race with each other week in week out all season long. Froomes shaking of the head seems a little arrogant
    Sarcasm apparently, "Thanks for attacking when I was on my @rse".
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810

+1

At least he (Contador) does not look like he is going to roll over and capitulate like many before him in a similar position, despite his legs not being as good as Froomes.

Contador said after the race he was not impressed with Quintana pulling the group along after his crash. So Froome bad guy, Contador good guy for doing practically the same thing. Makes sense.
  • thiscocks
    thiscocks Posts: 549

+1

Contador said after the race he was not impressed with Quintana pulling the group along after his crash. So Froome bad guy, Contador good guy for doing practically the same thing. Makes sense.
    How was contador doing the same thing? Froome needs to stop moaning like a pussy. He sounds nearly as bad as Andy schleck
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199

+1

Arrogant? Who knows, he may have been saying "Bloody hell, we were lucky to get away with that mate" Cut the guy some slack, what has he done to incur the wrath of so many on here? We have no idea what passed between them.
  • slim_boy_fat
    thiscocks wrote:

+1

How was contador doing the same thing? Froome needs to stop moaning like a pussy. He sounds nearly as bad as Andy schleck
    Erm, Contador was moaning at Quintana for pulling on the front after his crash.
  • Froboz
    Froboz Posts: 32
    OH WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT

Mr Porte gets dropped by 100m then uses his SKY TM powers of recovery to make it back and hit the front. WTF :roll:

LMAO - Quite right Frenchie! You tell them! :mrgreen:
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    This tour has really delivered in the storm in a teacup department despite the absence of Wiggo. I think it's good that riders speak their minds even if sometimes they shouldn't.

As for the spoiler threads, the last couple have been good during the race, only decaying after the line.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    Don't get Froome and Porte dragging Bertie back. Mollema wasn't going to make significant inroads on Froome but any time gained on Bertie was a bonus. Haven't bothered reading the thread as no doubt it is doping claim and counter claim. Personally I was surprised how many big names got dropped on the final climb.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    edited July 2013
    thiscocks wrote:

+1

Problem was Contador's Andy Schleckesque descending caused his crash and then he acts like a dick with his sarcastic thumbs up to NQ.......they had every right to push on.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Is it possible...and bear with me here...that tempers were a bit frayed and adrenaline running high in both Contador and Froome that perhaps neither of them were entirely rational when they were interviewed?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • slim_boy_fat
    ddraver wrote:
    Is it possible...and bear with me here...that tempers were a bit frayed and adrenaline running high in both Contador and Froome that perhaps neither of them were entirely rational when they were interviewed?
    Ah, you see what you've done there ddraver, is not realised that these guys have to act in a way we think appropriate at all times.
  • moray_gub
    mike6 wrote:

Arrogant? Who knows, he may have been saying "Bloody hell, we were lucky to get away with that mate" Cut the guy some slack, what has he done to incur the wrath of so many on here? We have no idea what passed between them.

Well we know now as Bertie has said so himself that he was unhappy with NQ.....ridiculous reaction imo , different if he had a mechanical but it was entirely his own fault.
  • Froboz
    ddraver wrote:

Of course it is. Contador's probably getting frustrated and God only knows who stole the jam out of Froome's doughnut.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    if I was leading the tour and an inferior rider leading early wiped me out id shake my head too.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Yes, and on a very tiny bike.
  • Froboz
    gsk82 wrote:
    if I was leading the tour and an inferior rider leading early wiped me out id shake my head too.

Inferior? LOL! Contador's class - open your eyes and you might see it :mrgreen:
  • moray_gub
    Froboz wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

Inferior? LOL! Contador's class - open your eyes and you might see it :mrgreen:

Well he usually knows how to liven up a race i will give him that but at base level he is simply a drugs cheat living on ill gotten past glories......not much class in that.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    Is anyone really surprised Froome got a bit upset? The only likely way he is going to lose this Tour is a serious mechanical or a crash. Contador overdid things trying to eek out an advantage on the descent which nearly resulted in the latter and even if there was no major injury he could have ended up with a wrecked bike and requiring a change. Now I'm not suggesting Bertie shouldn't have tried putting Froome under pressure, it was a perfectly legitimate tactic, but having narrowly escaped the crash that is his biggest enemy I suspect the adrenaline was pumping. On the other hand Bertie was a victim to his own error and got arsey with Quintana for not easing up, I'm struggling to see how an issue of his own making was any different to Schleck messing up a gear change.
  • Lightning
    Lightning Posts: 360
    I know everyone likes to hate on Contador over here, but do you haters really think he's a bad, non-exciting rider? Just take a moment to imagine this Tour without him there. No attacks on mountain stages, no echelon attacks during flat stages, etc.. Just Froome riding steady up mountains after Porte has done his thing and everyone else settling for second.
  • ddraver
    Ok well just to blow my theory out of the water....

Chris Froome ‏@chrisfroome
    Almost went over your head @albertocontador.. Little more care next time?

3 Mins ago so at ~11pm
    - @ddraver
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Bertie will just be frustrated that his rest day preparation didn't pay off this time. :wink:
  • moray_gub
    edited July 2013
    Lightning wrote:
    I know everyone likes to hate on Contador over here, but do you haters really think he's a bad, non-exciting rider? Just take a moment to imagine this Tour without him there. No attacks on mountain stages, no echelon attacks during flat stages, etc.. Just Froome riding steady up mountains after Porte has done his thing and everyone else settling for second.

I must have missed Froomes two massive attacks in the mountains then. Yet folk seem to cream themselves with excitement when Bertie puts into a couple of speculative digs. Which had he been riding drugged up as in previous years he would have ridden away from all.
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:
    Ok well just to blow my theory out of the water....

Chris Froome ‏@chrisfroome
    Almost went over your head @albertocontador.. Little more care next time?

3 Mins ago so at ~11pm

Followed by one of our ex posters...

rats ‏@ratsbey
    @chrisfroome @albertocontador Oi... go to bed... BOTH OF YOU!

:lol::lol::lol:
    - @ddraver