TDF 2013 Stage 16 **Spoilers** Vaison-la-Romaine - Gap

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited July 2013
    Does anyone think it was ridiculous to have some many KOM points at the top of the Ventoux yesterday? 50 points is pretty ridiculous IMO. Makes all previous efforts more or less redundant.
    I would have given 50 points for going over a humpback bridge if it meant getting Rolland out of that kit
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    RichN95 wrote:
    Does anyone think it was ridiculous to have some many KOM points at the top of the Ventoux yesterday? 50 points is pretty ridiculous IMO. Makes all previous efforts more or less redundant.
    I would have given 50 points for going over a humpback bridge if it meant getting Rolland out of those bibshorts.

It hasn't helped though. They're apparently de jour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    RichN95 wrote:
    I would have given 50 points for going over a humpback bridge if it meant getting Rolland out of those bibshorts.

Only for Nieve to wear them! :shock:
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    hammerite wrote:
    binkybike wrote:
    hammerite wrote:
    If this does go all the way there are a few in this group who can sprint a bit. Gallopin, Pocket Sammy, Albasini, Navardauskas, Hansen, Quinziato.

I would have thought it'll break up on the final climb

I would too, but you never know..... Tommy V won't hang about to find out that's for sure.

10.5 Frenchmen in a break of 23, they have a numerical advantage for a win today.

Bet they dont though :lol:
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    goonz wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I hope he washed them first.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    goonz wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Oh god, is he? He's not even leading the competition - he's third. Have some dignity man.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Looking at the teams represented in the break Sky aren't going to get much help. Argos won't be bothered, Cannondale may want to crank it up a bit if they think they can get Sagan over the final climb, which leaves Belkin and Astana who will only chip in if the time goes out so far that they're places are under pressure.... highly unlikely.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Pellizotti1.jpg
    1248631163654-14hb2z8yv121d-500-70.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • goonz
    goonz wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Imagine the saddle sores!
  • above_the_cows
    Froome goggle update. Yellow radars, not jawbones. Phew. Panic over. Taste has been restored. 8)
  • above_the_cows
    goonz wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Imagine the saddle sores!

You'd be as spotty underneath. :shock:
  • goonz
    What are Astana doing in this tour?

Making up numbers?
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    goonz wrote:
    foxya3xx wrote:
    They've finally sorted some yellow jawbones out for Froome!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    The yellow ones look a lot better than the white.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Pellizotti1.jpg
    1248631163654-14hb2z8yv121d-500-70.jpg

Now theres a rogues gallery.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • slim_boy_fat
    Froome goggle update. Yellow radars, not jawbones. Phew. Panic over. Taste has been restored. 8)
    Nah, he was sporting yellow radars earlier in the race looks like a pair of yellow jawbones today.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    If I were Riis I'd be telling the saxo boys to break Sky on this long shallow drag. They're not going to break them on the HC climbs of the next 5 days so surely this is the territory.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Alan A wrote:
    If I were Riis I'd be telling the saxo boys to break Sky on this long shallow drag. They're not going to break them on the HC climbs of the next 5 days so surely this is the territory.

They're in the break aren't they?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    goonz wrote:

Making up numbers?

Fuglsang is riding a very respectable 7th place, with zero support from his team.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Alan A wrote:

They're in the break aren't they?

They've got Roche in the break.
  • above_the_cows
    edited July 2013
    goonz wrote:

Making up numbers?

Fuglsang is riding a very respectable 7th place, with zero support from his team.

Please keep all Fuglsang discussion in the Fuglsang thread. *Joke*
  • goonz
    Sorry forgot about Fulgsang!
  • goonz
    goonz wrote:

Making up numbers?

Please keep all Fuglsang discussion in the Fuglsang thread. *Joke*

Please keep all jokes in the bottom bracket...
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    Alan A wrote:
    Belkin would help Sky out to protect Mollema's second. Anyway, I don't think anyone is riding for the overall anymore.
  • above_the_cows
    Nah, he was sporting yellow radars earlier in the race looks like a pair of yellow jawbones today.

They won't show us his face. It's like they know we want to check out his eyewear. Come on French TV director man. We need to know!
  • goonz

They won't show us his face. It's like they know we want to check out his eyewear. Come on French TV director man. We need to know!

Im going for Yellow Radars....
  • slim_boy_fat

I've spotted them bottom pieces on each lens is black, look much better than the white.
  • foxya3xx
    foxya3xx Posts: 20
    They are definitely jawbones. Yellow top with black bottom
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    goonz wrote:
    Sorry forgot about Fulgsang!

Easy to do. He's there all by himself and is slipping nicely under the radar. Some clever racing from him this year, after blowing up a bit on Aix3.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857

Lordy, I've just noticed that Oakley are using CF in adverts on Eurosport for white jawbones. I'm out.
  • goonz

I've spotted them bottom pieces on each lens is black, look much better than the white.

Is he a supporter of the Livestrong foundation?

I have a feeling the doping thread is about to kick right off!