TDF 2013 Stage 15 - Ventoux *Spoilers*

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    mike6 wrote:
    Froome's performance was ridiculous, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Contador was a massive disappointment today, but I suspect the playing fields were very different for various reasons.

I'm not sure I understand this comment. I know I'm not much of a poster here but have watched the tour for more than the Sky years. On one hand you say Froome's performance was unbelievable then that Contador was below par ( I say this as an assumption from your post unless you also think Contador's own teammate is doping too) so would a fit Contador have been one and a half minutes faster but believable? Just asking.
    For myself as a neutral (not British, no particular heart flutterings for any riders) I saw today's stage as a great performance. I think Movistar could possibly have played it better but that's racing.

I wouldnt bother mate. Until recently there were 2 convicted but unrepentant dopers in the first 4 on GC, and no one on here said a word about that.
    Sky, for some reason, are the only team that get the "I am convinced they are dopers" slur. For no other reason than they are leading on GC.
    Log on to any other thread from say, the Belgian classics and you will see no bad mouthing of teams. There was even a post, from an earlier stage, accusing Froome of cheating and deliberately finishing second. You figure.

Applause!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    mike6 wrote:
    Froome's performance was ridiculous, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Contador was a massive disappointment today, but I suspect the playing fields were very different for various reasons.

I'm not sure I understand this comment. I know I'm not much of a poster here but have watched the tour for more than the Sky years. On one hand you say Froome's performance was unbelievable then that Contador was below par ( I say this as an assumption from your post unless you also think Contador's own teammate is doping too) so would a fit Contador have been one and a half minutes faster but believable? Just asking.
    For myself as a neutral (not British, no particular heart flutterings for any riders) I saw today's stage as a great performance. I think Movistar could possibly have played it better but that's racing.

I wouldnt bother mate. Until recently there were 2 convicted but unrepentant dopers in the first 4 on GC, and no one on here said a word about that.
    Sky, for some reason, are the only team that get the "I am convinced they are dopers" slur. For no other reason than they are leading on GC.
    Log on to any other thread from say, the Belgian classics and you will see no bad mouthing of teams. There was even a post, from an earlier stage, accusing Froome of cheating and deliberately finishing second. You figure.

1) Doping is more rampant in GT's and this is the biggest. That's why you see more doping talk in a Tour thread then in any other race thread. Blood vector doping works best in the GT's.

2) You shot yourself in the foot when you decided to talk about two convicted and unrepentant dopers. What do we need to discuss,we know all about them. Had either of them done what Froome did today they discussion would be less because most would say they are still at it and you wouldn't have the Brits blindly defending them with USPS "logic."

It's pretty simple if you open your eyes to everything and not just what you want to see.
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Somebody needs to smack those cu nts setting off flares. Why the fu ck?

Apart from the anglo-saxon, I'm in full agreement.
    I don't think any of the riders would have appreciated a lung full of that, silly sods. Glad there wasn't too much running next to the riders but it still happened. Looked like they never got the message from the ASO :(
    It wasn't so much that they had them as they are always around on big stages, it was that they had them right on the road next to the riders. :twisted:
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Somebody needs to smack those cu nts setting off flares. Why the fu ck?

Apart from the anglo-saxon, I'm in full agreement.
    I don't think any of the riders would have appreciated a lung full of that, silly sods. Glad there wasn't too much running next to the riders but it still happened. Looked like they never got the message from the ASO :(
    It wasn't so much that they had them as they are always around on big stages, it was that they had them right on the road next to the riders. :twisted:
    Yeah it wasn't good :(
  • ddraver
    Meanwhile, at the OGE Hotel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw_s4Msy ... e=youtu.be

(careful with the volume)
    - @ddraver
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    ddraver wrote:
    Meanwhile, at the OGE Hotel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw_s4Msy ... e=youtu.be

:lol::lol::lol:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    So, back to the racing - did Contador do some turns on the front yesterday? Might have been regretting them today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • cyclingsheep
    cyclingsheep Posts: 640
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

As a kiwi I know I'm supposed to dislike the Aussies but the Orica boys do have a sense of humour.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

As a kiwi I know I'm supposed to dislike the Aussies but the Orica boys do have a sense of humour.

I wasn't going to assume with a name like 'cyclingsheep' but...
    Correlation is not causation.
  • cyclingsheep
    So, back to the racing - did Contador do some turns on the front yesterday? Might have been regretting them today.

It's all about 'marginal gains'. Someone in the spoiler yesterday suggested that to attack yesterday for the gain Saxo got vs energy expended was a false gain that would have paid off better today. You may be right but hindsight is always 20/20
  • cyclingsheep
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Guilty as charged your honour :D
  • Paul 8v
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I thought it might be a mint sauce reference!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Their Backstage Pass vids are great, and the Chef seems to have a sense of humour in the other vids... almost died laughing when the DS mentioned the "matesmanship" culture the team is built on though :mrgreen:
  • cyclingsheep
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Damn you guys (and gals) are good. It is as well, I'm a reformed mtber for my sins
  • Hi, i have been lurking on this forum since the start of the year and after seeing some of the discontent at the diminishing level of the quality of forum i decided this might be a good time to write my first post. Firstly i'd like to thank all the people who regularly comment on the forum especially posts on the stage threads, i don't have eurosport or the capability to stream races so the contributions really help to create a narrative of whats going on in the race as well as giving me (indirectly) a greater understanding of the intricacies of the sport. people such as ATC, ddraver, tallwindhome, French fighter, Richn95, RR, disgruntledgoat, leisterlad, Thomthom, macaloon and probably many more i forgot to mention continuously seem to contribute all the links, pictures, and general insight that any cycling fan could need. whilst not wanting to blow to much smoke there also seems to be greater level of discussion and banter had on this thread than most of the others i have found as well as plenty of ridiclous tangents (15x15 palava and what not). so once again thanks to those thank make this forum a great place to visit, but if i could make on criticism it is the overuse of this bloody roll eyes smiley :roll: i don't know why but it really annoys me.

P.S. i was also surprised as others when i found out abovethecows was a woman, it was a twist of Tyler Durden, Crying game proportions
  • above_the_cows
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Damn you guys (and gals) are good. It is as well, I'm a reformed mtber for my sins

Well kia ora and at least you're not a triathlete. You're not are you? Please say you're not. :wink:
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Hi, i have been lurking on this forum since the start of the year and after seeing some of the discontent at the diminishing level of the quality of forum i decided this might be a good time to write my first post. Firstly i'd like to thank all the people who regularly comment on the forum especially posts on the stage threads, i don't have eurosport or the capability to stream races so the contributions really help to create a narrative of whats going on in the race as well as giving me (indirectly) a greater understanding of the intricacies of the sport. people such as ATC, ddraver, tallwindhome, French fighter, Richn95, RR, disgruntledgoat, leisterlad, Thomthom, macaloon and probably many more i forgot to mention continuously seem to contribute all the links, pictures, and general insight that any cycling fan could need. whilst not wanting to blow to much smoke there also seems to be greater level of discussion and banter had on this thread than most of the others i have found as well as plenty of ridiclous tangents (15x15 palava and what not). so once again thanks to those thank make this forum a great place to visit, but if i could make on criticism it is the overuse of this bloody roll eyes smiley :roll: i don't know why but it really annoys me.

P.S. i was also surprised as others when i found out abovethecows was a woman, it was a twist of Tyler Durden, Crying game proportions

A very warm welcome to you! :wink:
  • ddraver

Yeah think it was a whole team effort. Was wondering if he was struggling a bit...
    - @ddraver
  • cyclingsheep
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Well kia ora and at least you're not a triathlete. You're not are you? Please say you're not. :wink:

Sleeveless cycling tops?.........never
  • ddraver
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Oi there's nothing wrong with MTBing - Sport of Kings! :)
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Hi, i have been lurking on this forum since the start of the year and after seeing some of the discontent at the diminishing level of the quality of forum i decided this might be a good time to write my first post. Firstly i'd like to thank all the people who regularly comment on the forum especially posts on the stage threads, i don't have eurosport or the capability to stream races so the contributions really help to create a narrative of whats going on in the race as well as giving me (indirectly) a greater understanding of the intricacies of the sport. people such as ATC, ddraver, tallwindhome, French fighter, Richn95, RR, disgruntledgoat, leisterlad, Thomthom, macaloon and probably many more i forgot to mention continuously seem to contribute all the links, pictures, and general insight that any cycling fan could need. whilst not wanting to blow to much smoke there also seems to be greater level of discussion and banter had on this thread than most of the others i have found as well as plenty of ridiclous tangents (15x15 palava and what not). so once again thanks to those thank make this forum a great place to visit, but if i could make on criticism it is the overuse of this bloody roll eyes smiley :roll: i don't know why but it really annoys me.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    No, but seriously welcome, nice username too! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows

Welcome! Just to let you know, I'm not the only one, woman that is. There be more of my kind lurking around these parts.
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver wrote:

Yeah but triathlon?* We're all agreed on triathlon right?

*Although could really do with a short sleeved cycling jersey, my tan lines are awful.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I knew it! Perfectly acceptable that, I ride both but for watching on the telly there is hardly any MTB and I don't suppose it would really work as well, it's not like you can have a cameraman following them about (I suppose you could have live go pros)
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,030
    ddraver wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Welcome!

If there is one thing worse than the rolly eyes, it's that cheesey, smirky, winky emoticon :wink: :roll:
  • Paul 8v

Welcome! Just to let you know, I'm not the only one, woman that is. There be more of my kind lurking around these parts.
    Welcome!

Is Richmond racer a lady? Apologies if I have that wrong!
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:

*Although could really do with a short sleeved cycling jersey, my tan lines are awful.

A) Yes, Sport of Devils

B) NO!!!! NO YOU DO NOT!!!!!
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Paul - try redbull.tv when it's on (they also do catchup)

They ve got a lorra lot better at it recently.
    - @ddraver
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    ddraver wrote:

Sorry, big apologies, I'm an ex triathlete, am I banned now?
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR