TDF 2013 - Stage 4 TTT *Spoilers*

Comments

• MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Ben6899 wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    OGE are riding like a team that needs a GC contender. Anyone know a rider with Aussie roots who may be looking for a new team next season and could compete in a GT?

Doesnt Wiggo have some Aussie in him?

His estranged dad was Australian.

ah yes thats it, I couldnt decide whether I was thinking of his dad or SHane Sutton.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Yeah you could take the flair part out.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    MrTapir wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    OGE are riding like a team that needs a GC contender. Anyone know a rider with Aussie roots who may be looking for a new team next season and could compete in a GT?

ah yes thats it, I couldnt decide whether I was thinking of his dad or SHane Sutton.
    The way the Aussies are going with their cricketers at the moment, having worked with Sutton might be enough to qualify Wiggins to ride for Australia :lol:
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Problems for OGE and Saxo race radios during TTT - and both excell on stage. Coincidence or scientific proof that they detract from performance?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Just in. Haven't seen it.

Did Garmin have a problem? 17s down seems poor....

Yeah... they were totally over-hyped!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    :D:D

Fair enough really!

Fair play to OGE, it's a team race of truth so no one can say they did nt deserve it. Hat to the Aussies, might engender some complacency in the Cricket and Rugby teams hopefully! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    José Been ‏@TourDeJose 43s
    Team Cannondale officially confirms too that Ted King is outside of time limit.

195 remain in #TDF
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    edited July 2013
    ddraver wrote:
    Fair play to OGE, it's a team race of truth so no one can say they did nt deserve it. Hat to the Aussies, might engender some complacency in the Cricket and Rugby teams hopefully! ;)

Yay! I won! I won! :mrgreen:

Where's my prize bitches?

*Edit* Even more pissed about BetFair now - that would have netted me £75 :cry:
  • frenchfighter
    edited July 2013
    Mark Cavendish ‏@MarkCavendish 3m
    Bollocks! So close for @opqscyclingteam in today's TeamTimeTrial. Proud to be part of it. Just 1 second behind! Congrats to @Orica_GreenEDGE

Alex Dowsett ‏@alexdowsett 1h
    Watching @EurosportUKTV coverage, shock surprise again at movistar up there at the first checkpoint.... We Podium'd in the last 3 wt ttts..

Henderson:
    e997a8c0e32a11e28ddc22000aeb1014_7.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Turfle wrote:
    José Been ‏@TourDeJose 43s
    Team Cannondale officially confirms too that Ted King is outside of time limit.

195 remain in #TDF

Never mind ... He'll likely win the green jersey competition ...
  • typekitty
    typekitty Posts: 188
    MrTapir wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:
    Pross wrote:

The way the Aussies are going with their cricketers at the moment, having worked with Sutton might be enough to qualify Wiggins to ride for Australia :lol:

I kid you not, when Wiggo won the Tour last year, the Australia media were calling him one of their own because of the estranged father.
  • typekitty
    edited July 2013
    Double post.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    typekitty wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I kid you not, when Wiggo won the Tour last year, the Australia media were calling him one of their own because of the estranged father.

LOL. Did they not know he was Belgian?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • typekitty
    *sigh* second double post.
  • tailwindhome
    dish_dash wrote:

:lol:

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 45m
    While the press favored us (which I love) we have 4 riders that are less than 63kgs. It's a team of climbers that did a damn good TTT

Mikkel Condé v2.0 Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 43m
    @Vaughters Not just the press... Your guys did their fair share of pumping up the expectations of yellow for Millar.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    calvjones wrote:
    nic_77 wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    Fifth rear wheel surely as that's where the transponders are?
    Well on a normal road stage it's the front wheel that stops the clock... as evidence by just about every photo finish you've ever seen.

Yes but you couldn't use a light-beam camera/timer to cut when the 5th rider crosses the line on a TTT!? - it would surely have to be 5th transponder across...

Most fun discussion in a TTT ever. [/geek]
    So how do they sort out 2nd and 3rd place etc in a road finish when there is also overlap :) You've seen that funky program they use to move the line about on the finish photo right?
  • frenchfighter
    Hmm, now they are saying King didnt make it. Top time was 25.56 and the cut off is 25%. Thought he said he was a little over 31mins...must have been very close....or Cannondale is wrong....or his time was not 31 and something.

Lots of love for him on twitter.

Blogs on his site:
    http://www.iamtedking.com/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Noval crashed and is on his way to hospital. Hope he is ok - a good domestique for Contador.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    dish_dash wrote:

:lol:

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 45m
    While the press favored us (which I love) we have 4 riders that are less than 63kgs. It's a team of climbers that did a damn good TTT

Mikkel Condé v2.0 Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 43m
    @Vaughters Not just the press... Your guys did their fair share of pumping up the expectations of yellow for Millar.

He he. JV hoist by his social media petard there
  • typekitty wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Really? 'Cause I don't remember any of that (although the occasional comment of that sort wouldn't greatly suprise me).
    1968, human content on bitumen.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    and there we have it.

A nice set of four...

:roll: :roll:
  • frenchfighter
    Nicholas Roche ‏@nicholasroche 19m
    So happy for my good mate @simongerrans to be in yellow
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Hmm, now they are saying King didnt make it. Top time was 25.56 and the cut off is 25%. Thought he said he was a little over 31mins...must have been very close....or Cannondale is wrong....or his time was not 31 and something.

Blogs on his site:

7secs outside the limit....
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414

Blogs on his site:

Harsh if they enforce it I think
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    andytee87 wrote:

Blogs on his site:

Especially since their fannying about at the first finish probably caused the injury.

That felt like a third rest day to me, for all the excitement it produced.
    Plus those never ending ad breaks....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    andytee87 wrote:

Blogs on his site:

Especially since their fannying about at the first finish probably caused the injury.

+1

He had better start tomorrow or I will be writing a strongly worded letter.
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    andytee87 wrote:

Blogs on his site:

Yep, let him race tomorrow, if he's outside time limit ok, then maybe say sorry you're out. But today, on a flat out TTT then it's not fair. There were guys in Argos Shimano who had an easier day than Ted- saving it for another day- whilst he had to give all he could
  • tailwindhome
    Send him home.

Or let Phinney back in to TA.
    And the 23 county riders back into the RAS.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    Send him home.

Or let Phinney back in to TA.
    And the 23 county riders back into the RAS.

Have to agree, it's harsh but fair.

There's a reason the cut off exists. If you start making exceptions then you have to have a really good reason to, otherwise it ends up looking like favouritism.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    So anyone else watching the ITV highlights going to watch Black Gold with me now? ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver