TDF 2013 - Stage 4 TTT *Spoilers*

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Wish I hadn't gone EW with that OGE bet now!
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Orica on quite some form right now.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Oh shi t, that is bad news. The Aussies take the win. That has ruined my day. I hope they lose the jersey tomorrow. Their team is pretty weak as well - no idea how they TT`d better than OPQS with that squad.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    How Saxo Bank can turn a bunch of climbers and also rans into a team that gets so close to OPQS is beyond me, bar Rogers not a TTer between them. :wink: :roll:
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Who will be in yellow?
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Gerrans in yellow then if it's stays like this. Decent couple of days for him! FF will not be impressed!
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Seems like its OGE's year! 2 stage wins on the trot!!!!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Worse still, that slimy wheel sucker extraordinaire takes the maillot jaune. Terrible news for the real cycling fans.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Oh shi t, that is bad news. The Aussies take the win. That has ruined my day. I hope they lose the jersey tomorrow. Their team is pretty weak as well - no idea how they TT`d better than OPQS with that squad.

Have you looked at who's in the OGE squad? Doing a great TTT is not a surprise
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • binkybike
    binkybike Posts: 104
    hammerite wrote:
    How Saxo Bank can turn a bunch of climbers and also rans into a team that gets so close to OPQS is beyond me, bar Rogers not a TTer between them. :wink: :roll:

Not Normal is it... :wink:
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I really wanted Kwiatkowski to get the yellow jersey :(
    Correlation is not causation.
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703

Rabbit in the headlights now ff. :shock:
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    A most entertaining TTT...
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Lampre beating Belkin? That's crazy, looking at their line-up
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    Gerrans in yellow, terrible, wheel sucked the whole way around today, no class- should have attacked with 5km left . Obviously a lack of panache in Melbourne- look at Neighbours
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Let's hope the mighty TT engine that is Andy Schleck can pull Leopard Nissan Shack Trek or whatever they are called this week through for the win. Really don't want Gerrans in yellow.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Kwiatkowski with the consolation of white. OGE's best eligible rider is over 17 minutes down.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Commentary team writing off RadioShack and BMC already. Interesting to see how they finish.
  • above_the_cows
    I am disappointed that RadioShack Smurf Trek are not on Smurf TT bikes.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Pross wrote:
    Let's hope the mighty TT engine that is Andy Schleck can pull Leopard Nissan Shack Trek or whatever they are called this week through for the win. Really don't want Gerrans in yellow.

Good news! There's no descents for Schleck to worry about. :wink:
  • above_the_cows
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Kwiatkowski with the consolation of white. OGE's best eligible rider is over 17 minutes down.

He already had the white though, would have been lovely to see the wee smiley fella in yellow.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    edited July 2013

Not having that ... OGE don't have any riders to get excited about (although 3 monument winners should excite us) but they have Cycling Australia behind them (same as SKY/GB) and they also seem to have a good spirit in the team (much like Garmin) ... those ingredients make for success ... as they have shown ... Gerrans won on a very MSR type stage, coincidence?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    RonB wrote:
    Europcar looking ragged...

Gaultier in particular. Did he grow up wrestling swans?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    BMC's time = unhappy Cuddles
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Decent amount of time for Evans to lose there.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Well you Gerrans haters can all bugger off- I quite like him. Makes the most of his abilities and seems pretty humble when he gets interviewed.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    BMC 26" down. Evans and TJVG lose around 20" to the GC favs.
  • Turfle
    smithy21 wrote:
    Well you Gerrans haters can all bugger off- I quite like him. Makes the most of his abilities and seems pretty humble when he gets interviewed.

I like him too.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    OGE are riding like a team that needs a GC contender. Anyone know a rider with Aussie roots who may be looking for a new team next season and could compete in a GT?
  • Turfle
    Pross wrote:
    OGE are riding like a team that needs a GC contender. Anyone know a rider with Aussie roots who may be looking for a new team next season and could compete in a GT?

Rogers?