London Ride 100

Comments

• rubertoe wrote:
    Good Luck to all those taking part,

I'll be thinking of you whilst sipping a cocktail at a Hawaiian themed BBQ

Unless you're planning on a liquid breakfast, I suspect we'll all be done before you take your first sip. Thanks, though!
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    spasypaddy wrote:
    ah forget it then, thought it was the official jersey.

Sounds like the official jersey.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    either way i dont think i can get down there before they shut. need to pick something up in covent garden and wont be there till 6.50ish and then to get to the excel centre without getting lost is not going to happen...
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    either way i dont think i can get down there before they shut. need to pick something up in covent garden and wont be there till 6.50ish and then to get to the excel centre without getting lost is not going to happen...

CS3 the whole way. Easy!

I'm being lazy here, but the frame sticker - is it one of those annoying ones you're meant to wrap around the seatpost?
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy wrote:

CS3 the whole way. Easy!

I'm being lazy here, but the frame sticker - is it one of those annoying ones you're meant to wrap around the seatpost?
    how long do you reckon it would take to ride to the excel centre?

and which stand is it to win the jersey?
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

CS3 the whole way. Easy!

how long do you reckon it would take to ride to the excel centre?

and which stand is it to win the jersey?

It took me about 40 mins from Covent Garden, but I was really taking it easy.

Speaking of number stickers - what was that one we got through the post a few weeks ago for?
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    The one with the large projector screen and three or four normal bikes set up on turbos, quite an open area, IIRC it's relatively close to the exit. Worth checking which size jersey you get given, I ended up being given a medium and they appear to be more Santini-sized than Pearl Izumi, so quite tight round waist and arms.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • spasypaddy
    if i go its only to get one for my gf (assuming im fast enough), as wiggle failed to deliver her jersey for sunday on time.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Sketchley wrote:
    .....stream of consciousness...

All that being said I'm not going down Leith Hill at 40+mph on Sunday..... Downhills on Sunday are strictly for recovery...

Have you lot considered you're rather over-analysing this?

No I hadn't. Perhaps I should.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Good luck all, enjoy it.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    1.27 for me (jeans and shoes). 1.24 was top of leaderboard at 16.30. I went a bit cross eyed....
  • mbthegreat
    mbthegreat Posts: 179
    Did it in 1:35, pretty much flat out as a I dared not sure how hard it was going to be.

Good luck tomorrow everyone, off to bed now!
  • spasypaddy
    5hours 15mins (ish) moving time.

very pleased. absolutely destroyed now.

124miles for the day!
  • Agent57
    Nice work spasypaddy. If you're feeling bad now, you might be much worse tomorrow. :D (I did a 10K obstacle course yesterday, and can hardly get up or down stairs today.)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • sketchley
    6.45 total time I guess about 6.15 moving. Don't know for certain. Well chuffed was expecting 8hrs plus
    --
    Chris

• mbthegreat
    6.33 / 5.59 moving. Very happy, but not sure my legs will ever be the same again!
  • spasypaddy
    the pace was brutal and disgusting from the outset. i blame willy b
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    5.59.59 which I'm absolutely delighted with at my advanced age.
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • 4:57:22 official time for me. Never thought I would do this in under 5 hours so well chuffed :D

Legs were really struggling from 78 miles to and it was hard watching the Garmin not knowing if I was going to break 5 hours!

124 miles in total for the day. Thankfully tomorrow is wet and a good excuse for a day off
  • ShandyH
    ShandyH Posts: 555
    Good to bump into Willy B as he cruised past me on the way to a very quick time.

Managed a 4:24 which I was quite pleased with given my legs are still a bit jaded after ironman 3 weeks ago.

Amazing riding in big groups. If you're not going forwards in those, you're going backwards! :D
  • adam0bmx0
    adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
    Having not done anywhere near 100 miles, previous furthest was 52miles managesd it in a smidge over 5 hours

Chuffed with that. :D

Only saw the end of one crash, 3 chaps picking themselves up in Wimbledon I think
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • Agent57
    Impressive riding everyone. Well done!
  • mbthegreat
    The closed roads were amazing, big bends round the kingston one way system in a massive group was great.

Wasn't expecting the pace to kick up quite so much in the last 20 miles or so, hurt myself trying to hold onto a group, ended up cramping badly.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    edited August 2013
    My stupid Garmin died 2 miles from the end (actually the stupid Garmin owner forgot to fully charge it), but I ended up with something very close to 5:10 moving, which I'm delighted with. 19.3mph average.

I guess we'll get our start to finish time at some point?

Great day!
  • mbthegreat wrote:
    The closed roads were amazing, big bends round the kingston one way system in a massive group was great.

Wasn't expecting the pace to kick up quite so much in the last 20 miles or so, hurt myself trying to hold onto a group, ended up cramping badly.

Yep, the fastest, but most painful sportive I've done.
  • double post
  • adam0bmx0
    adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
    My stupid Garmin died 2 miles from the end (actually the stupid Garmin owner forgot to fully charge it), but I ended up with something very close to 5:10 moving, which I'm delighted with. 19.3mph average.

I guess we'll get our start to finish time at some point?

Great day!

Check the Prudential site, they're up now.
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Great times everyone. We watched the pros coming through Raynes Park today, was a great sight. Streets were busy with people watching too, so it was good to see. Mind you the numbers were probably aided by the pub on the corner!

I didn't understand why our LBS closed though, seemed daft- especially as Greggs and the local Chippie opened. They go down in my estimation every time I visit.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • mpdouglas
    mpdouglas Posts: 220
    4:58:56 moving, 5:02:24 elapsed. I was the guy with the rhino horns on the helmet if anyone saw me. I was also the guy in the 6 rider pile up on the A316 - the two in front touched wheels at 25mph and went down - the wheelsucker behind ploughed into my rear wheel as I tried to take avoiding action. I survived unscathed other than a knock to the rear mech hanger that sent the gear indexing all to pot - a quick bit of bending back by eye had it working well enough to progress. Great event - very pleased that a late start time had no bearing on the ability to make progress. Racing through the Limehouse Link like a pro peleton was a bit of an early highlight. The climb out of Wimbledon less so ! (amazing what difference 80 miles in the legs has on very ordinary "climbs"!).
    "The Flying Scot"
    Commute - Boardman CXR 9.4 Di2
    Sunday Best - Canyon Ultimate SLX Disc w/ DuraAce Di2
  • sketchley
    That was by all account a fantastically organised event I will be applying in the ballot for next year. Only grumble is the wait in hubs for food etc... But that's minor.

However, all you guys posting up quick times is depressing please stop :). Still I'd like to see you beat my time if you carry enough weight to get you to 18 stone..... (cycling prop excluded)
    --
    Chris