London Ride 100

Comments

• Lefthook
    Lefthook Posts: 124
    Link worked for me earlier, but not now.

Under status of order it had it listed as cancelled. So I am assuming that means I have failed to get in for a 2nd year. Annoyed.

Do you reckon the ballot is random? If so why ask for all the details? So who knows what criteria the places are based on. I have done plenty of other sportives and put down a realistic time estimate but no luck.

I suppose still the chance that if someone who gets a place declines it, I might still get in. Hence they say you will be contacted between 3-15th Feb
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Ballot not entirely random. They want different people of different abilities (pace) to set off at different times in order to avoid bottlenecks if faster people catch up the slower people, so being quick or on pace isn't necessarily a good thing. Putting down 9hours might of been a good ploy. Hopefully I'll get in this year in the ballot, if not I have a place guaranteed through Macmillan if I raise £750. I made £1250 last year so hopefully I'll get this.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • sketchley
    Also I think I read 80,000 ballot entries, 40,000 rider on race, assuming 10,000 going to the charities etc that makes it a 3 in 8 chance. Slightly worse than 50/50. Of course if there is 20,000 charity places then it's only a 1 in 4 chance.....
    --
    Chris

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    ive never won a ballot place for any event ive attempted to ride or take part in.
  • I pulled out, it seemed a little unlikely I would physically be ready nor mentally ready hopefully gave another a place?

Maybe next year, I enjoyed Capital to Coast last year, which I rode back from so was 120miles. But for myself if I get back on the roadie and do a few rides by summer I'll be overjoyed!
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Says on here

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/

we should find out tomorrow. fingers crossed still!
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Couldn't remember if I'd bothered entering this year. Checked back through my emails and it seems I did, so I'll be expecting the rejection magazine and email any time now
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Cancelled. Anyone wanting to check - the link still works from a phone...
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Oooh, gone in via phone and status says 'Approved' - Excited!!! :D
  • Cancelled. Bum.
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    Where do you find out on the mobile site? Can't see any login page or the like.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    You should get prompted to login when you go here on your phone: https://regonline.activeeurope.com/regi ... ionExist=1
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I'm out. Boo.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300

Cheese and whiskers. Didn't get in last year either.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Oh bum...I've got 'cancelled' too. Hey ho...
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • sketchley
    Status = Approved! Yipee!!!!!

FWIW I paid the £48 up front.....
    --
    Chris

• 'Cancelled' Arse!
  • Cancelled :-(

Going to enter something else next year that I know I will get in... Dragon Ride etc
  • sketchley
    Bollox. On holiday 10th August.......
    --
    Chris

• Sketchley wrote:
    Status = Approved! Yipee!!!!!

FWIW I paid the £48 up front.....

Not sure it makes any odds, I did too and didn't get in dagnammit. Screw you, London Marathon charidee! :x

I jest
  • Approved!

Had forgotten I had entered but really looking forward to it now.
    Glad I splashed out on that addict last summer now!
    Banstead in Surrey to Russell square and back
    FCN 4
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    I'm approved and also on holiday

I'm guessing for people that didn't get in that more places will become available once people like me drop out
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • I'm out. Didn't want to do it anyway. :roll:

Gonads.
  • sketchley
    WarrenG wrote:

I'm guessing for people that didn't get in that more places will become available once people like me drop out

If I remember correctly from last year, if you are unable to do the ride you can get a carry over to next year...... Here's hoping it's the same this year. Gutted I can't do it but I'll be in Portugal.
    --
    Chris

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Sketchley wrote:
    If I remember correctly from last year, if you are unable to do the ride you can get a carry over to next year...... Here's hoping it's the same this year. Gutted I can't do it but I'll be in Portugal.
    Ah - that sounds promising ... keep us posted please!
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Sketchley wrote:
    WarrenG wrote:

I thought it was just those who were ill. If not probaby explains where all the places to this year have disappeared. The 4-5,000 people who entered last year, didn't ride and got a carryover.

Other than illness it should be ride it or lose it.
  • sketchley
    JZed wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    WarrenG wrote:

I thought it was just those who were ill. If not probaby explains where all the places to this year have disappeared. The 4-5,000 people who entered last year, didn't ride and got a carryover.

You might be correct there. Either way I can't ride this year.
    --
    Chris

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    JZed wrote:
    I'm ill .... ;)
  • so...did anyone do it last year and also get in this year? (not including charity places).

Just wondering if they have an olympic ticket style system that lets one person have all the luck and leaves others with none :( (yes mine is cancelled...again....)