London Ride 100

Comments

• so...did anyone do it last year and also get in this year? (not including charity places).

Just wondering if they have an olympic ticket style system that lets one person have all the luck and leaves others with none :( (yes mine is cancelled...again....)

Not me, but I know quite a few who did.
  • If you're a member of a club, they get a separate allocation for teams...
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    'cancelled' :(
  • so...did anyone do it last year and also get in this year? (not including charity places).

Just wondering if they have an olympic ticket style system that lets one person have all the luck and leaves others with none :( (yes mine is cancelled...again....)

Not me, but I know quite a few who did.

ho hum would it really be that hard to create a system that'll give priority to those that didn't get in last year over those that did?

I'm a computer programmer. No it f**king wouldn't.

:P
  • Just tried to log in and got hit with an "Access code required". Phoned organisers, who told me that the details are NOT online and they will be informing entrants by post only
    Superstition begins with pinning race number 13 upside down and it ends with the brutal slaughter of Mamils at the cake stop.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    I more or less did the same as it says my entry was cancelled 28/1/14 at 19:29, so rang up to say "I've not cancelled" to which I was told that it was nothing to do with the organisers and that everyone would be receiving POST (very 19th century) by 14th February to let them know if successful or not, so please be patient.

I do think it odd that of all the forumites on this thread the vast majority are "Cancelled" and if we were to take that presumption as a failed to get in, then statistically the results are skewed. You would expect a 1 in 3 roughly, not 1 in 10 or so.
  • Lefthook
    Lefthook Posts: 124
    Well the 'registration cancelled' method was accurate last year? I can live in hope they changed the system and I still have a chance at a place.

Amusing that they seemed to cotton to the fact people had access to the regonline link and blocked access for computers, but you could still access on phones and I managed to log on an ipad.

Do we know if more or less people registered this year, or was the ballot limited to the same number?
  • woohoo I still might have a chance ;)
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    Using that mobile link on a prevous page and logging into that website it definitely stated I was "accepted" and payment taken
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • I'm in! Probably the first time I've been successful in a ballot in my whole life. Was sure I'd get rejected for being a 40 something male from the home counties. And my 'new to cycling' wife got rejected. Was convinced it would be the other way round.
    "The Flying Scot"
    Commute - Boardman CXR 9.4 Di2
    Sunday Best - Canyon Ultimate SLX Disc w/ DuraAce Di2
  • Tried accessing their system again and succeeded in getting in. Into the system, not into the Ride London. "Cancelled" :-(
    Superstition begins with pinning race number 13 upside down and it ends with the brutal slaughter of Mamils at the cake stop.
  • I got into the system last night and it was 'accepted' although nothing in the post or by email yet.

Now I just have to get to work to hit the 6.5 hours that I said I'd do it in! And learn to ride in a big group...
  • Stomp stomp stomp grumble grumble

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I got into the system last night and it was 'accepted' although nothing in the post or by email yet.

Now I just have to get to work to hit the 6.5 hours that I said I'd do it in! And learn to ride in a big group...

6.5 ??? eh man up :wink: < 4 at least?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Don't you hate when your fingers hit the wrong key.... :oops: :wink:
  • It looks like I'm in :twisted:
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • Well that was a bit of a WTF??? moment.

Got home to find an A4 envelope with a magazine from the London Ride 100 people commiserating me on not making the selection :shock:

I didn't even apply (at least I have no record of applying!!)

Anyway - thought this might help for those people not sure - look for the big A4 plastic letter hitting your doormat.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Although if you're in, you also get a big A4 plastic envelope with a magazine. Presumably a different one since it's got tips on riding the 100 and a big 'Congratulations' on the front!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Yeah im in, pah!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Widgey
    Widgey Posts: 157
    I'm in too!
  • Going via the link using my phone: Cancelled. :(

I did do it last year and was truthful with my details when registering this year, maybe I should have lied.......
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    I joined up to ride for Bliss, didn't want to risk the ballot .....
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I'm in.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Well that was a bit of a WTF??? moment.

Got home to find an A4 envelope with a magazine from the London Ride 100 people commiserating me on not making the selection :shock:

Anyway - thought this might help for those people not sure - look for the big A4 plastic letter hitting your doormat.
    I'm on the site now and it's asking me for my CC details....

Irrefutable proof that you did register! Bad memory perhaps?

I didn't get in either. I was supposed to ride in the Business Relay last year but a team member became "redundant"... I will still be able to enter a team this year, but thinking about it I do not want to do only 25 miles at a cost of £60 (entry costs for a team are £240). I wonder how many places are taken up by this as well?
  • Polkascott wrote:
    Well that was a bit of a WTF??? moment.

I didn't get in either. I was supposed to ride in the Business Relay last year but a team member became "redundant"... I will still be able to enter a team this year, but thinking about it I do not want to do only 25 miles at a cost of £60 (entry costs for a team are £240). I wonder how many places are taken up by this as well?

Well - yeah, but I cancelled....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • PBo wrote:
    I joined up to ride for Bliss, didn't want to risk the ballot .....
    How much do you have to raise for them?
  • Polkascott wrote:
    Well that was a bit of a WTF??? moment.

Well - yeah, but I cancelled....

I don't think the organisers pay much heed to cancellations - after I cancelled last year they kept on chasing me for payment - became a real pain!
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    Woof, I'm in.