2013 National Championships thread (spoilerific)

Comments

• adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Coming down Gibson St (normally the hill is one-way, uphill only), with Fenn and Swift(?) tailing off the back (this was a few laps before the end):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhckb999wt8yl5s/VID_20130623_162345.mp4
    (if you download the file it'll be better quality than the Dropbox player)
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    edited June 2013
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha! :lol:

Jill Douglas ‏@JillADouglas 3m

@TeamSky would it kill u to mention Cav?

Who's doing the tweeting, Fran Millar? Can't she even mention her own brother coming 3rd either?

:?

EDIT: This is a gem...

Chris ‏@MrCMMC 3m

@TeamSky Your tweets often read like half - baked political spin after a failed election result. Congratulations.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Twitter is alive with comments thst Kennaugh X
    Cav and Millar waited for Stannard to catch up after a last lap puncture. If that is true it's an amazing act of sportsmanship
  • adr82
    Who's doing the tweeting, Fran Millar? Can't she even mention her own brother coming 3rd either?
    To be fair she did both on her own account!
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    I'm always a bit 50/50' on Millar but I do wish that Cav had help orchestrate a win in payback for the WC ...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    FinChamps-600x540.jpg

In the last couple of hundred metres, Brammeier used a small traffic island to his advantage. He jumped very hard to the right of it, meaning Lavery had to wait until he had cleared the roundabout to dive across the road after the defending champion.

http://www.stickybottle.com/races-resul ... sh-champs/
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's a guy called Nick Howes that does it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    1011722_207699062714820_580958104_n.jpg

Sagan so good he wins the Slovakian title the instant the flag drops.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    omfgdogs.gif
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    It's a guy called Nick Howes that does it.

Ah, so not Millar in charge of the twitter feed then. Seems a bit churlish of Sky TBH.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    I'm a bit confused about the British champs, several references about a bunch sprint but other stuff suggesting it was Cav, Stannard and Millar on their own. Doubt Cav has won many races by the margin shown in those photos though. Well done Cav and seems a bit of a fail from Sky considering the lack of support Cav had. Be nice to see the champs jersey going for it in Stage 1 of the Tour although he may be in other jerseys for much of the race.
  • tailwindhome
    Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 1h
    Almost guaranteed @millarmind wins today, mainly because we are having a quarrel and he needs something to tell me to shove it up my....
  • tailwindhome
    Pross wrote:
    Be nice to see the champs jersey going for it in Stage 1 .

Greipel in the German Jersey and Sagan in the Slovakian.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    adr82 wrote:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gguyzkkliidcfm/3.png
    This is the bit at the top of Great George Street, last lap - Armitstead got herself a bit of a gap over Laura Trott and Dani King, not sure if she kept that all the way to the finish or not but they were together until then AFAIK.

looks like she's about to hit the end cone
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    When was the last time a stage of the Tour was won by the wearer of the Brit Road Race Champs jersey? Must've been a while ago if at all.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Pross wrote:
    9116962469_9452ac5797_z.jpg
  • Yellow Peril
    knedlicky wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    9116962469_9452ac5797_z.jpg

Battle of the national champs jerseys in the sprints then!
    @JaunePeril

• Pross
    When was the last time a stage of the Tour was won by the wearer of the Brit Road Race Champs jersey? Must've been a while ago if at all.

Hoban would be my guess?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    According to the OPQS web site, Cav won from a break? Who thought letting Cav get in a break would be a good idea? LMAO! :mrgreen:

Congratulations to him, that is awesome sauce!
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

Hoban would be my guess?

Actually it appears Hoban never won the national title so it may have never happened.
  • Yellow Peril
    Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Hoban would be my guess?

Actually it appears Hoban never won the national title so it may have never happened.

I agree, if Cav can win a stage in it, it may be a first
    @JaunePeril

• adr82
    Pross wrote:
    I'm a bit confused about the British champs, several references about a bunch sprint but other stuff suggesting it was Cav, Stannard and Millar on their own. Doubt Cav has won many races by the margin shown in those photos though. Well done Cav and seems a bit of a fail from Sky considering the lack of support Cav had. Be nice to see the champs jersey going for it in Stage 1 of the Tour although he may be in other jerseys for much of the race.
    Cav, Stannard, Millar and Kennaugh were out on their own for the last several laps. Kennaugh got dropped at some point in the last few k (he was still there on Great George St on the last lap so it was after that), then neither Stannard or Millar could shake off Cav before the finish.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Just back from Glasgow Green. egg on face time i was a bit critical of the course, but having walked round the entire 14kms it was a great day. Stannard & Fenn were strong and hats of to cavendish as it was a hard up and down circuit with 2 x 15% climbs plus the long drag up St Vincent street. Millar looked really strong. And the rain stayed away apart from a spot or 2. good to see at least 30.000 spectators and seeing first hand a pro cycling event.
  • tailwindhome
    Dan Martin ‏@DanMartin86 15m
    Sorry didn't make it to nationals. Sounds like @cuchulainncc put on a great event. Very happy for @Mattbrammeier85 #4timechamp
  • AtheM
    AtheM Posts: 1
    Does this mean that Sky have no RR champions?
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    TT only i think.. more corporate dull black white and blue for them....for the road stages :)
  • Pross
    AtheM wrote:

Not sure. Who won Norway?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    EBH won the Norway TT did nt he?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Did Cav share the work in the break? If so that's a great ride.
  • adr82
    Pross wrote:
    AtheM wrote:

Not sure. Who won Norway?
    Thor.