The Scott CR1 SL Thread

Comments

• Good news! :)

In a way, I guess so, yeah. I just fancied a cheap Addict.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Just been down to the underground carpark at work, the poor CR-1 is now sporting a rather thick layer of dust to my eternal shame. I'll ride it home next week, i promise. :oops:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • Good news! :)

In a way, I guess so, yeah. I just fancied a cheap Addict.

There are plenty of those available in 'That London'.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski wrote:
    Just been down to the underground carpark at work, the poor CR-1 is now sporting a rather thick layer of dust to my eternal shame. I'll ride it home next week, i promise. :oops:

Took it over to evans on very squishy tires to use their free trackpump, felt a bit disappointed with it having not sat on the thing for months. Rode back on solid rubber at 100psi and faith was restored, beautiful frame, trip home this week (subject to weather/rule 5).

#3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
  • Buy a track pump, you won't regret it.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Buy a track pump, you won't regret it.

I'm thinking he might have a track pump, just not at work which is where he's keeping the bike.

(Not sure I'd leave my CR1 for 3 months in an underground car park, however secure it might be)
  • Koncordski
    keef66 wrote:
    Buy a track pump, you won't regret it.

I'm thinking he might have a track pump, just not at work which is where he's keeping the bike.

(Not sure I'd leave my CR1 for 3 months in an underground car park, however secure it might be)

Indeed i do, it's a very secure carpark (the building is a datacentre) and the bike itself has two motorbike chains round it. Would be much easier to steal something from my house.

BTW, anybody else got any tips for protective chainstay material, the stuff that comes supplied on the frame is thick but has started to peel off and looks a bit shabby. Is that helicopter tape from eBay anygood?

#3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
  • patrickf
    patrickf Posts: 536
    So numpty here chucked the bike in the back of the car today and scratched off a small bit of what appears to be a clear coat off one side of the forks. It's probably just over the size of a 5p coin.

Leave it, accept the battle scars and apply rule #5, or do something with it?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Koncordski wrote:
    BTW, anybody else got any tips for protective chainstay material, the stuff that comes supplied on the frame is thick but has started to peel off and looks a bit shabby. Is that helicopter tape from eBay anygood?

Wrap some inner tube and cable tie it
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    I see the SL are on sale again, this time £799
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • On Westbrooks? Can't see it.
  • Yeah, do tell ITB. I think I saw Slane Cycles had 2011 models in 54 only at that price, but that's the best I could find.
  • itboffin
    Slane via twitter this morning
  • itboffin wrote:
    Slane via twitter this morning

Yeah, sadly that's an earlier, inferior model.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Finally got round to getting mine built up.

SRAM Force 22
    Ritchey WCS Stem, Bars and Seatpost
    Planet X saddle
    Mavic Aksiums (will stick Powertap on when I get a 11 speed freehub)

12519860353_a4f2b93cf6_z.jpg
  • itboffin
    saddle = FAIL
    small ring = epic FAIL
  • lol leave the man alone this is the CR1 thread, not photography ;). Nice build, any idea on the weight?
  • keef66
    What's wrong with the saddle? If it's one of the Planet X superlight jobs I'm considering one for mine! Or do you refer to it being too far forward?
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    saddle = FAIL
    small ring = epic FAIL

Saddle is probably not in the correct position. I had a Retul done, but as my seatpost is 300mm and I need a 400mm, it probably has just been stuck back on for now. Once my 400mm seatpost turns up and I set it to the right position. I'll repost.

I concede the big ring point.

As for weight - no idea.
  • jzed
    JZed wrote:
    As for weight - no idea.

Surprisingly someone had a set of scales at work. 7.4kg or 16.3lbs with pedals. Wheels and tyres are probably a little heavy.
  • Interesting, thanks :).
  • jzed
    Interesting, thanks :).

It's an XL so I'm limited in getting the weight much lower, much easier for me to lose 8kg.
  • Never got that saddle rule, surely if you had freakishly short thigh bones you'd need your saddle in a more forward position

NB I realise it's tongue-in-cheek
  • keef66
    Never got that saddle rule, surely if you had freakishly short thigh bones you'd need your saddle in a more forward position

NB I realise it's tongue-in-cheek

But in that case it would look better on an inline seatpost
  • Nice looking bike JZed. I always like the look of freakishly large frames.

I've actually just bought a second 2012 CR1 SL frameset from eBay. I know it's unimaginative, but I love my present one too much as a commuter and it breaks my heart to see it caked up in road crud. Now begins the process of sourcing parts to build the new one up with. Either that or I might see if someone wants to do a swap for a similar quality Addict.
  • Flightsta
    Flightsta Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    Hi all! Has anyone had issues with water in the headset? I had my LBS fit the Ritchey one that came with the frame from Westbrook Cycles. I do ride in all weathers and regularly clean it down, when I turn the frame over it pours out of the spacers! Brown nastyness sometimes too, I've stripped it down but cannot work out how it gets in there, everything looks tight. Any ideas?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Yes - fit Crud Roadracer mudguards. Or accept that you will need to replace the headset regularly.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Thanks Rolf, I have a set in the garage, last time I tried them they were a bit tight, not sure if it's the Conti 4 seasons I have on the rims that are the problem. I have a Tortec Razor on the back at the mo, will try and fish out the front one and see if it solves the problem. Still bizzare how much actually gets in there though!
  • And in the end- upgrades finished, Specs are :
    -Frame Scott CR1 SL HMX 54 2011 ,
    -Groupset SRAM Force 2013,
    -Crank SRAM Force 2013+Chainrings ROTOR QXL 52/36,
    -Wheelset KAVITEC 4.0T Tubular+Schwalbe one 700x22,
    -Handlebar Ritchey WCS logic curve 31,8 42 alu,
    -Stem Ritchey WCS 4 axis 31,8 110 alu,
    -Seatpost Ritchey WCS 31,6 350 alu,
    -Pedals Ritchey WCS Echelon,
    -Chain SRAM PC1091,
    -Saddle Selle Italia SLR carbonio flow,
    -Bottle cages No name Carbon,
    -Computer Polar CS 500 cad+,
    Ready to drive 6,80kg,...1012294_10202933033117574_2143050893_n.jpg
  • itboffin
    mmm that's very sexy - good job 8)