The Scott CR1 SL Thread

Comments

• Gazzaputt wrote:
    Cheers! I've actually just had a bike fit with this bike and was very happy with it. I'm just doing my usual thing of feeling a little discomfort and deciding I need to change equipment. I suspect I mostly need to do some upper back strengthening.

If you've changed stuff pop back to Cadence as they'll take a look for you.

I had a follow up yesterday on my fit and Des adjusted my cleats on the new shoes I have but nothing on the bike need doing as I haven't touched the setup.

Did you have a Retul fit? If so did you get a measurement sheet?

Yeah, I'll go for my follow up in a week or two's time. I did go for Retul and I did get the measurement sheet. I'm sure Des will sort it out.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Cheers! I've actually just had a bike fit with this bike and was very happy with it. I'm just doing my usual thing of feeling a little discomfort and deciding I need to change equipment. I suspect I mostly need to do some upper back strengthening.

If you've changed stuff pop back to Cadence as they'll take a look for you.

I had a follow up yesterday on my fit and Des adjusted my cleats on the new shoes I have but nothing on the bike need doing as I haven't touched the setup.

Did you have a Retul fit? If so did you get a measurement sheet?

Yeah, I'll go for my follow up in a week or two's time. I did go for Retul and I did get the measurement sheet. I'm sure Des will sort it out.

I've changed a lot of components since the initial build but left the bars, stem, and seatpost all alone as not to disturb the setup.

Funnily enough I've had an issue with my saddle working and could believe how I felt a mm change in the ride position when it moved.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    No chain and the battery on charge - and nothing adjusted for size but broadly assembled. Pleased with the overall result

9575894669_27ed207d08_z_d.jpg
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    looks great, I like the green accents.

I have just gotten round to building my CR1, her she is with new ultegra 6800 11 speed and Zipp bars, stem and tape, Easton carbon seatpost and fizik Antares saddle.

8FTh314.jpg

issue with conti gp4000s 25mm on the back with the archetype 23mm rims. Very little clearance so I have swapped to 23mm grand prix black chilli that the LBS had in stock. still got 25mm on the front for now

OCD note: bike fit next week, so steerer and spacers will be significantly reduced!
  • meanredspider
    Scott the difference competition :wink:

9579206878_fe2fb158fd_z_d.jpg

Looking forward to a proper try tomorrow
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • patrickf
    patrickf Posts: 536

Battery & Chain!

Love the green on the tyres. Matches the frame well.
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    Help required please!
    I have some creaking from what seems like the BB area on my CR1 SL (same creak noise when going up steeper hills on each pedals downstroke).
    It has whatever Shimano press fit BB Westbrook fitted when new, i would like to change it to a better item like a Dura Ace 9000 (i have the DA9000 groupset and C24 wheels) but cant see them anywhere online.

Can someone point me to either a DA9000 or a better than whats supplied BB?
    Cheers, Stu
  • meanredspider
    duckson wrote:
    Help required please!
    I have some creaking from what seems like the BB area on my CR1 SL (same creak noise when going up steeper hills on each pedals downstroke).
    It has whatever Shimano press fit BB Westbrook fitted when new, i would like to change it to a better item like a Dura Ace 9000 (i have the DA9000 groupset and C24 wheels) but cant see them anywhere online.

Sure it's the BB? Could be lots of things - I get creaking on the Volagi if the headset gets manky - sounds like it's coming from the BB on the pedal strokes
  • samsbike
    samsbike Posts: 942

That's lovely, out of curiousity how far is the saddle behind the bb. I am trying to work out if my 7cm is normal
  • duckson wrote:
    Help required please!

Sure it's the BB? Could be lots of things - I get creaking on the Volagi if the headset gets manky - sounds like it's coming from the BB on the pedal strokes
    There's a few things to check, creaking from the BB area is usually a slightly loose crank in my experience.
  • meanredspider
    samsbike wrote:
    That's lovely, out of curiousity how far is the saddle behind the bb. I am trying to work out if my 7cm is normal

Thanks.

Just did a rough measurement and the nose of the saddle is about 10cm behind the centreline of the BB.

Sizing has worked out well. Nose of the saddle to the centreline of the bars is the same as the Volagi to the mm
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    After my fitting a few years ago with the BW all my bikes are now set to 6.5cm seems to work.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • meanredspider
    It does, of course, depend on how big you are :wink:
  • itboffin
    carrying on the "theme"

weapon cleaned and ready for action tomorrow morning :lol:

cough! bike that is ...

I feel a dose of pain is due, question is me or my friend :twisted:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • meanredspider
    itboffin wrote:

I suppose that depends if you're a Giver or Receiver :wink:

....what are we talking about....? :wink::D
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:

:lol:
  • samsbike
    It's better to give than receive lol
  • itboffin wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

:lol:
    Rule #5 is seeming quite inappropriate all of a sudden.
  • samsbike
    has the water ingress been sorted out. I was going to put some grease there, unless there was a better solution.
  • patrickf
    I had a quick peep through the FD cable hole the other day (still haven't built mine up) and didn't think it opened up into the BB area.

That said, there is another hole just above it on the seat tube. Any idea what this is for and could this be the cause of the water ingress?
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    After my frame sat in the garage for weeks I grudgingly accepted that I wasn't going to get to build it myself, so off it went to a friend of a friend who works at an LBS... it's now finished, and if I'm not too knackered when I finish this night shift at 0600 I'm off to collect it. Am I excited? Just a bit... :D
  • samsbike
    patrickf wrote:
    I had a quick peep through the FD cable hole the other day (still haven't built mine up) and didn't think it opened up into the BB area.

That said, there is another hole just above it on the seat tube. Any idea what this is for and could this be the cause of the water ingress?

I thought there were only 2 holes where the FD cable went through the bottom and out through the top.
  • kjab
    kjab Posts: 136
    Hiya, I was wondering if you could let me know if my headset is installed correctly. An LBS did it (and it's pre stem cutting) but it looks like there is a small 1mm gap between the crown race and the bearing, therefore making a gap between the fork and bottom cup. The cup is pressed all the way in, and the crown race is flush to the fork. There is also a tiny gap between the ritchey cap and the upper cup but I think that will close if the stem is tightened?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ip70p0kfgdwf2 ... 850%29.JPG
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fj00wagpip05 ... 851%29.JPG
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqvu3yt3efp6h ... 852%29.JPG

Thanks in advance
  • samsbike
    just checked mine, I have the same tiny gap
  • kjab
    kjab Posts: 136
    Perfect thanks! Let the stem cuttin begin!

First ever build so ill post some pics when it's all ready :)

Cheers
  • alans220
    alans220 Posts: 78
    I also have the same gap, 1mm ish
  • patrickf
    samsbike wrote:
    patrickf wrote:

I thought there were only 2 holes where the FD cable went through the bottom and out through the top.
    I'll have to have another look and see if I can get a picture. I'm sure there's one on the back of the seat tube though.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    kjab wrote:
    Hiya, I was wondering if you could let me know if my headset is installed correctly. An LBS did it (and it's pre stem cutting) but it looks like there is a small 1mm gap between the crown race and the bearing, therefore making a gap between the fork and bottom cup. The cup is pressed all the way in, and the crown race is flush to the fork. There is also a tiny gap between the ritchey cap and the upper cup but I think that will close if the stem is tightened?

Thanks in advance

The gap is fine, but holy cow they went crazy with the grease! (also not a problem, just messy)

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Koncordski wrote:
    kjab wrote:

Thanks in advance

The gap is fine, but holy cow they went crazy with the grease! (also not a problem, just messy)

I transferred the "Running gear" from my CR1 Comp a new larger frame. Was unsure about the headset assembly, so I took a few pics of the "donor" bike for refference.
    Hope they're of use to someone.

9607239938_99aa8a37e0_o.jpg

9604004417_5fe4b91962_o.jpg

9607239862_f114d76125_o.jpg

9607239690_2a3becbe9c_o.jpg

9604004317_8625a80453_o.jpg

9607239934_877832495e_o.jpg

9604004339_131a6787c4_o.jpg

9604004263_8072417945_o.jpg

9604004229_8480be1bf5_o.jpg

9604004205_f40e3ed525_o.jpg

9604004177_fe19057b1f_o.jpg
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    OK let's see if I can successfully upload a photo....

20130825_153641.jpg
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.