The Scott CR1 SL Thread

Comments

• Adam_G
    Adam_G Posts: 35
    Bolt 12 seems to be a spare bottle cage bolt. Very thoughtful...
  • damitamit
    damitamit Posts: 277
    itboffin wrote:
    Very nice but do those uneven door handles not drive you mad? :roll: :wink:

The whole side of the shed is slowly going wonky!
  • Lefthook
    Lefthook Posts: 124
    damitamit wrote:
    Finished transferring all the parts from my Isaac Impulse. 6.5kg (14.3lbs)

IMG_2965.JPG

Whats the splash of colour on the gear cable going past the headtube?

Some sort of adjuster or anti rub gadget?

Looks nice as well
  • damitamit
    Love it, nice to see how one has turned out with a bit of colour on it or perhaps the picture is just better.
    What seatpost bar and stem do you have there ?
    Is it all Sram Red ?
    Selle Italia SLR saddle ?

Did I say I liked it ? !

Thanks!

Seatpost: Crank Bros Colbalt 11 (175g)
    Stem: Kalloy Uno 6 from Ebay Taiwan (98g)
    Saddle: Spesh Toupe Ti (162g)

It's a mixture of Red/Force/Rival. Want to get a Red rear mech to finish it of.
  • damitamit
    Lefthook wrote:
    Whats the splash of colour on the gear cable going past the headtube?

Some sort of adjuster or anti rub gadget?

Looks nice as well

Anti-rub gadget that comes with the Alligator Ilink cables.
  • porlyworly
    porlyworly Posts: 441
    Got my GP4000s to fit and waiting on road pedals to turn up then will up a pic of my build :)

Shoutout to meanredspider for his advice in pm's re. the build - much appreciated mate
    First love - Genesis Equilibrium 20
    Dirty - Forme Calver CX Sport
    Quickie - Scott CR1 SL HMX
    Notable ex's - Kinesis Crosslight, Specialized Tricross
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    What wheels are you all using with this frame? I'm still using the stock Bontrager 'approved' wheels that came with the bike and I feel like they are holding it back.
  • Adam_G
    Adam_G Posts: 35
    I'm using Ultegras which I re-shod with Michelin Pro4 SCs before I raced last night. They felt great - far quicker than the Contis they replaced and I saved 120g of rotating weight!

I rode it with Dura Ace C24s last week on Ultremo ZXs. They felt marginally stiffer in the sprint but I didn't really notice the weight difference once rolling.

The C24s come in at 1360g and the Ultegras are 1650g. I'd certainly recommend both wheelsets - I don't think there's much to match either at their respective price points.
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    off to ride a cr1 ultegra today - will help decide which groupo to choose for my build
  • markhewitt1978
    Adam_G wrote:
    I'm using Ultegras which I re-shod with Michelin Pro4 SCs before I raced last night. They felt great - far quicker than the Contis they replaced and I saved 120g of rotating weight!

I rode it with Dura Ace C24s last week on Ultremo ZXs. They felt marginally stiffer in the sprint but I didn't really notice the weight difference once rolling.

The C24s come in at 1360g and the Ultegras are 1650g. I'd certainly recommend both wheelsets - I don't think there's much to match either at their respective price points.

Thanks! Interesting that you'd mention those wheelsets. Ideally I'd like to get the DuraAce 9000 C24's but at £630 for a set that's a lot to put down on a wheelset - even if it is pro-level stuff.

I had also been thinking about the Ultegra's but would want to wait for the 11-speed version, just for future proofing. Good to hear that they are a good wheelset.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Get the RS80s, same rims as the DA C24s, just a heavier/lower quality hub.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    What wheels are you all using with this frame? I'm still using the stock Bontrager 'approved' wheels that came with the bike and I feel like they are holding it back.

Zondas. At least I will be when they arrive and Condor have built the bike for me.
  • markhewitt1978
    Get the RS80s, same rims as the DA C24s, just a heavier/lower quality hub.

Aye, RS81 is due out in a few months so I might get that. :)
  • porlyworly
    Bontrager race lites on mine at the min but on the lookout for some new ones. Addiction has taken full hold...
  • markhewitt1978
    PorlyWorly wrote:
    Bontrager race lites on mine at the min but on the lookout for some new ones. Addiction has taken full hold...

Only problem is that I spent a lot more time reading and researching my cycling than I do cycling! :(
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    PorlyWorly wrote:

Only problem is that I spent a lot more time reading and researching my cycling than I do cycling! :(

+1 to that! I almost feel bereaved now that I have no reason to spend hours on the internet reading component reviews.

Zondas for me too. I'd budgeted upto £500 for wheels, but the Zondas had the highest level of customer satisfaction all around and people were saying the weight difference and performance wasn't noticeably any worse than the more expensive Neutrons or Shamals. Shimano was out given that I'm riding a Campag equipped bike and I found just as many Mavic and Fulcrum haters as I did lovers. So far so good.

Right! I'm off to take the CR1 on a proper ride.
  • porlyworly
    I have Scirocco cx's on my campag cyclocross bike and they are fantastic for the money
  • samsbike
    samsbike Posts: 942
    damitamit wrote:
    Love it, nice to see how one has turned out with a bit of colour on it or perhaps the picture is just better.
    What seatpost bar and stem do you have there ?
    Is it all Sram Red ?
    Selle Italia SLR saddle ?

Did I say I liked it ? !

Thanks!

Seatpost: Crank Bros Colbalt 11 (175g)
    Stem: Kalloy Uno 6 from Ebay Taiwan (98g)
    Saddle: Spesh Toupe Ti (162g)

It's a mixture of Red/Force/Rival. Want to get a Red rear mech to finish it of.

The bike is stunning
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Im having a quandary with my build. Choices are to buy a new SRAM Force groupset, bars and saddle for the SL, and sell my Roubaix as a full bike, or to just swap out everything bar the seatpost from my Roubaix which is running SRAM Rival. I have some spare wheels & tyres I could sell with the Roubaix to make it complete.

Current estimates are cost neutral for the swap (and factoring in sale of Roubaix frame set and associated bits and bobs), or @ £300 for the SL built up with Force, after selling the Roubaix as a complete bike.

Heart says upgarde to Force, head says keep it cheap as money dont grow on trees. Views? :wink:
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • markhewitt1978
    I'd say if the price difference is small then sell the Roubaix as a complete bike and new the nice new shiney groupset to go with the new frame :)
  • markhewitt1978
    I wondering what to do with the old frame taken off my Trek (Trek Madone 2.1 2013 52cm). To keep it to build up as another bike - which is probably unlikely since the wife wouldn't let me buy all the bits needed, and we've nowhere to keep two bikes anyway.

Or sell it on ebay, but I've no idea if it's worth £50 or £500! The RRP of the full bike was £1,000.
  • boblo
    boblo Posts: 360
    Red :-)
  • I have been pondering the Scott CR1 Pro (HMF) Road Frame Set @ £499, but cannot make up my mind if it is an upgrade or downgrade from my 2010 Roubaix Comp!!
  • markhewitt1978
    I would guess it would be about the same tbh. Not worth splashing £500 on in any case, money would be better spent on a new set of wheels, for example.
  • jonny_trousers
    Managed a 35 mile ride on mine this afternoon and I learnt two things: Firstly, that the bike is fantastic and secondly, that I am out of shape. Good job I'm not doing a 100 miler a week on Sunday. No wait... Despite my crappy cycling fitness I did manage a lot of personal second fastest times on Strava, which is definitely down to the bike.

Like I mentioned before, there's a fair amount of cable slap against the downtube. The mechanic in Cadence says that's kind of just the way it is with carbon frames, but that those little donuts might help.

I'm still getting used to the 11 speed Chorus. I seem to need to trim a lot in a way I don't have to on the 10 speed Veloce. Maybe it's not quite set up right yet.

Anyway, lovely bike that I keep on receiving compliments for.
  • frazered
    had a test ride on a pro with ultegra today. was not blown away by the bike if I totally honest with myself.

ultegra hoods were ok but not that comfy - I think I am going to try out some campagnolo
    reasonable acceleration but was not unbelievably shockingly good.
    it was relatively smooth but still responsive

bonus was that I saw Chris Hoy at Manchester evans doing his Hoy launch :)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    frazered wrote:

That might not be entirely down to the frame! :lol:
    Like I mentioned before, there's a fair amount of cable slap against the downtube. The mechanic in Cadence says that's kind of just the way it is with carbon frames, but that those little donuts might help.

Not convinced by it being 'just the way it is with carbon frames' - neither of my two built cf frames suffer this. I assume it is either down to the cable tension or how close this particular frame places the cables to the downtube. The doughnuts should certainly work though. Probably only need one on each side though the ones on my MTB tend to move about a bit so maybe more would be a good precaution!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • frazered
    Rolf F wrote:
    frazered wrote:

agree, however looking at some of the previous comments that suggest it is like riding a rocket bike :lol:
  • jonny_trousers

Not convinced by it being 'just the way it is with carbon frames' - neither of my two built cf frames suffer this. I assume it is either down to the cable tension or how close this particular frame places the cables to the downtube. The doughnuts should certainly work though. Probably only need one on each side though the ones on my MTB tend to move about a bit so maybe more would be a good precaution![/quote]

Yeah, it sounded weird to me too. The cables do sit very close to the downtube and mine aren't the tightest. He's also set it up so that they cross about halfway down, which I'm not sure helps.
  • jonny_trousers
    frazered wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    frazered wrote:

agree, however looking at some of the previous comments that suggest it is like riding a rocket bike :lol:

I suppose it depends what you're used to. I shed about 3.5kgs moving over to this bike (if only the bike's rider
    could shed a similar amount).