Giro del Trentino *spoiler*

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    No expert but would assume that his kick & sprint training are for attacking for the finish not bringing back a small breakaway when he still has it in him to ride it back.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I think the Siutsou attack was just a continuation of the tactics they've used all year in mountain stages. They've been very, very attacking this year, while for the most part the train has been conspicuous by its absence.
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Just read over this thread to get the action from today.... Good job people, thanks for the detailed input!
  • danlikesbikes
    Just read over this thread to get the action from today.... Good job people, thanks for the detailed input!

Was in interesting stage for sure if just for the fact that all the teams were concerned about what happened yesterday & not wanting to let it happen again. Worth watching the highlights I'd say.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711

Except in this, the BR version, Mauro Santambrogio is mysteriously absent. :|
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872

That's because he kicked so late that everyone was just watching the finish, no time to come on here, look up how to spell his name, and write "Mauro Santambrogio just kicked"
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Islwyn wrote:
    Accidentally covered up Sky on the jersey as he crossed the line... uh oh.

The hand on heart is in memory of the victims of the Boston Marathon - they are asking runners to do the same as they cross the finishing line in London, so think that was deliberate.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Nice to see a change of tack from Sky, it seems to have blown a circuit on some of the haters as they're conspicuous by their absence :) Please to see Suzy get a win. Wiggins looked very comfortable and unflappable and it was good to see some sportsmanship with Nibali rather than out sprinting him for 3rd. Evans looking less and less likely to be team leader in July. As with some above the Nibali / Astana thing still confuses me, I saw them riding en masse at the front and couldn't think who they were riding for! What happened to the rest of the Sky team? I only caught the final 7 km and saw Cataldo on the final climb but no others.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    did wiggins' sportsmanship cost him 8 seconds on nibali in bonuses (ie -4 instead of poss +4)? guess he's not really bothered about this race if it did.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    gsk82 wrote:
    did wiggins' sportsmanship cost him 8 seconds on nibali in bonuses (ie -4 instead of poss +4)? guess he's not really bothered about this race if it did.

Wiggins was looking so much stronger than Nibs.. but you do get the impression he's not really bothered - In fairness why should he be? Sky are winning plenty without him so he can relax a bit until the Giro.
  • Santambrogio looking great again. Could be in for a high Giro placing even though he can't TT.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    gsk82 wrote:

They don't take 4 seconds away from you for finishing 4th :wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Who is that idiot commentating g/f asks ? - Carlton Kirby i said. He is S***e isnt he. no protest here :D

"Evans is CHUGGING here" - cue the schoolboy sniggers from the back of the class.

"Wiggins is Smiling here @ 2kms to go" WTF it's a all out effort you bawbag.

Yesterday he said Hello to a guy waving on camera. Yes that guy was Giro winner Gibo Simoni.

Ive probably missed a few other twatish comments thats when he's not laughing at his own jokes :evil:
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Pross wrote:
    Nice to see a change of tack from Sky, it seems to have blown a circuit on some of the haters as they're conspicuous by their absence :)

Sorry; got back from work, watched the Fleche on Video and then put a new Bike Computer Kit on my bike (the Lidls one was a failure :cry: ), then I changed the water in my Fish Tank but now I'm here and I am not keen on Team Sky. :wink:

I think a change of tactics doesn't mean a thing; they are all druggies and Brailsford/ Murdock have (maybe) got some arrangement with Fat Pat which either is based on (maybe) Brown Envelopes or one of The Sun's Journalists (maybe) have got some dirt on Pat wearing something like a nice PVC outfit at a Brothel in Geneva.

Thought you folks were missing me?? :lol:

A suitable outfit for Pat as he is in Geneva. :P

daffyd.jpg
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Who is that idiot commentating g/f asks ? - Carlton Kirby i said. He is S***e isnt he. no protest here :D

"Evans is CHUGGING here" - cue the schoolboy sniggers from the back of the class.

"Wiggins is Smiling here @ 2kms to go" WTF it's a all out effort you bawbag.

Yesterday he said Hello to a guy waving on camera. Yes that guy was Giro winner Gibo Simoni.

Ive probably missed a few other twatish comments thats when he's not laughing at his own jokes :evil:
    Marcus Santambrogio was a good one.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    edited April 2013
    jerry3571 wrote:
    ... they are all druggies and Brailsford/ Murdock have (maybe) got some arrangement with Fat Pat which either is based on (maybe) Brown Envelopes or one of The Sun's Journalists (maybe) have got some dirt on Pat wearing something like a nice PVC outfit at a Brothel in Geneva.

Don't be dragging Howling Mad Murdock into this...

murdock_the_a_team.jpg
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Oh Jerry, you rapscallion, you....

So let's get to the real heart of the matter...how long did your Lidl-bought kit last and how much money did you waste on it?
  • danlikesbikes

That's because he kicked so late that everyone was just watching the finish, no time to come on here, look up how to spell his name, and write "Mauro Santambrogio just kicked"

Yeah sorry guilty as charged :oops: was trying to give up dates but conscious of the BR spelling & grammar police.

@Blazing Saddles I shall try to be more balanced for tomorrows updates - will download a riders list to copy & paste promise
  • ClaudeH
    ClaudeH Posts: 78
    Sky really mixing it up. Dario Cataldo went on a break with Felline (Androni) from the start today. Currently have 3:50 after 20km or so.
  • I missed Gibo on telly?

Gutted.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • inkyfingers
    Pozzovivo crashes and abandons (via @mrconde).
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Following on from the Tour it again looks like Wiggins has the measure of Nibs when it comes to climbing. This must really suck for Nibs when he knows already how much time he's going to lose to Wiggins in the TT at the Giro.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I am going to give carlton a grudging shout.... he as made an effort and has moved himself from excruciating to almost bearable as a commentator.

seriously.. he has made a big effort to know the riders names even from small teams which is actually informative on occasion.

Seriously? He was awful. Couldn't get Gianni Savio's name right! Poor Magnus sounds REALLY embarrassed! CK never stops talking - I spend my time shouting 'for god's sake shut up'. Needs to take lessons from Barry Davis (late of the BBC and last seen doing sheep dog trials on More4!!)
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • inkyfingers
    Daz555 wrote:
    Following on from the Tour it again looks like Wiggins has the measure of Nibs when it comes to climbing. This must really suck for Nibs when he knows already how much time he's going to lose to Wiggins in the TT at the Giro.

I think if Nibali (or Hesjedal) is going to win then they are going to have to take some risks, like Contador did in the Vuelta last year, getting into breaks, attacking early etc. The difference between the Giro this year and the Tour last year is that Nibali's Astana team will be more evenly matched in strength to the Sky team, so Nibali might have more options than he had in the Tour, where he tried to attack, but was simply reeled in by Porte/Rogers/Froome.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Ms Tree wrote:
    I am going to give carlton a grudging shout.... he as made an effort and has moved himself from excruciating to almost bearable as a commentator.

seriously.. he has made a big effort to know the riders names even from small teams which is actually informative on occasion.

Seriously? He was awful. Couldn't get Gianni Savio's name right! Poor Magnus sounds REALLY embarrassed! CK never stops talking - I spend my time shouting 'for god's sake shut up'. Needs to take lessons from Barry Davis (late of the BBC and last seen doing sheep dog trials on More4!!)
    It's interesting that you mention Barry Davies. During the Olympics he did the hockey and he was widely praisdd as a commentary great except by hockey players who lambasted him on twitter for being absolutely clueless (and he was)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Wiggo does look a lot different to last year, he's nowhere near as lean!
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    edited April 2013
    Wiggo does look a lot different to last year, he's nowhere near as lean!
    I was thinking that but then I've also seen a few shots where he seems to look as skinny as ever.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • I think that considering this is SKY and the every aspect covered approach.

This was training for Wiggins being isolated against Nibs et al.
    It's probably going to happen a few times in the Giro so why not practice the exact scenario.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Wiggo's 'sportsmanship' yesterday was nothing of the kind. He's saying 'I'm the daddy, you can't drop me, and I and don't need trivial podiums'. Far better to patronise Nibali than risk giving him the satisfaction of actually beating him.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    I missed Gibo on telly?

Gutted.

You missed him twice.
    Second time he was with Ján Svorada.
    I think they said that he's hanging out with Tin Tin's lot.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.