Giro del Trentino *spoiler*

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Siutsou on his own now.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Cadel chugging away to make it up too
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Wiggo got back easy! Looking good.
  • islwyn
    Evans time is up I reckon, he's an old machine now.

Yep.. evans dropped.
  • danlikesbikes
    Now at 2kms to go and no time gap but looks like he is out on a club run no pressure and riding an easy tempo
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Nibali goes for it
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Nibali dropped two of his team mates and Evans then, and one of his team mates immediately took it up and brought Evans back up to the group. D'oh.
  • danlikesbikes
    1kms to go & a quick look over the shoulder down the switchback from Siutsou
  • danlikesbikes
    In the bag for Sky Siutsou wins easily
  • danlikesbikes
    gap is +19 to Bard and Nibbles
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    great riding SKY boys! love it
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • islwyn
    Accidentally covered up Sky on the jersey as he crossed the line... uh oh.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Great result from Sky - even if they can't haul back the time lost in stage 1 they've got at least two stage wins to take away - Wiggins looking in great form for the Giro a the moment!
  • danlikesbikes
    Right quick coffee & then over to Fleche live coverage for ES then!
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Was that Bouet coming in about 2:30 down?
  • islwyn

Haha indeed, see you there!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Paulie W wrote:
    Was that Bouet coming in about 2:30 down?
    That's what I was wondering. He looked like every second counted to him so I guess so.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • danlikesbikes
    Islwyn wrote:

Haha indeed, see you there!

Well if your going in my kitchen switch the Baby G on then will you!
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Eeee, that were great

Some different tactics there from Sky

Bloody good ride by Kosta and great to see him win - cant let Kiryienka have all the Belarussian glory to himself :)

And Bradders looked pretty sharp
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Always nice to see the helpers get a win.

Wiggo and Nibali looking perfectly matched. Astana didn't manage to make the most of their numbers advantage even with Wiggo isolated.

Santambrogio continues to look great against the big boys.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    +1 to those comments. Though I still get caught out at times expecting to see Nibs in Liquigas green :oops:
  • alihisgreat
    RonB wrote:
    +1 to those comments. Though I still get caught out at times expecting to see Nibs in Liquigas green :oops:

It really throws me off too! :lol:

(I also struggled with Cav & non-WC jersey at the start of the season)
  • danlikesbikes
    RonB wrote:

It really throws me off too! :lol:

(I also struggled with Cav & non-WC jersey at the start of the season)

Me too getting thrown off by Nibbles :oops:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    GC

1 Maxime Bouet (Fra) Ag2r-La Mondiale 8:55:48
    2 Kanstantin Siutsou (Blr) Sky 0:03:19
    3 Pavel Kochetkov (Rus) Rusvelo 0:03:35
    4 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky 0:03:48
    5 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Astana 0:03:57
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • danlikesbikes
    Eeee, that were great

Bloody good ride by Kosta and great to see him win - cant let Kiryienka have all the Belarussian glory to himself :)

Do you think it was a deliberate tactic? I see it as win win really as having one man off the front if no one chases they get the stage, if teams do chase it down is a case of Sky not needing to ride the normal train but sit back and force others to ride if they can or care too
  • alihisgreat
    Eeee, that were great

Do you think it was a deliberate tactic? I see it as win win really as having one man off the front if no one chases they get the stage, if teams do chase it down is a case of Sky not needing to ride the normal train but sit back and force others to ride if they can or care too

I think its deliberate since they have to mix things up a bit now that everyone is expecting the Sky train to be running, and as such everyone else has changed their tactics.
  • danlikesbikes

I think its deliberate since they have to mix things up a bit now that everyone is expecting the Sky train to be running, and as such everyone else has changed their tactics.

I don't think they do have to mix things up if they don't want to. We've seen Brad rider further up a mountain finish on his own at his own SRM pace and nothing else and still win or match nibbles.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561

I don't think they do have to mix things up if they don't want to. We've seen Brad rider further up a mountain finish on his own at his own SRM pace and nothing else and still win or match nibbles.

Over the last 12 months everyone has come to expect Sky to ride just one way up the steep stuff. Good to show that's not always going to be the case.
  • danlikesbikes

Over the last 12 months everyone has come to expect Sky to ride just one way up the steep stuff. Good to show that's not always going to be the case.

Thats kinda what I meant - good to know that they can happily sit there and ride it out, but also do the opposite. Think they would have done the same if they had not sent a rider up just Brad sat there and making other teams work for it.

Think it could be very exciting if Brad can do both rider to his SRM pace but also having a bit more of a kick as the word from Sky is that has been worked on
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Think it could be very exciting if Brad can do both rider to his SRM pace but also having a bit more of a kick as the word from Sky is that has been worked on
    I agree that would be exciting, but I don't think there was any sign of that today. He was distanced every time Nibali put in a dig and then dieseled his way back on.