Tour of Oman 2013 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Now we wait for that excellent 3 min highlights to music package: 21:00 I believe?

As for Stage 3 highlights, think I heard Carlton (with a script, 'don't forget') refer to Sagan's goal-line celebration as "I'm a little teapot" !!!
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    RichN95 wrote:
    How long before 21 year old Kenny Elissonde is proclaimed the saviour of French cycling (v12.0)?

Dan Lloyd on twitter: Kenny Elissonde, 21, now 6th overall in Oman, the next French hope? He's amongst good company that's for sure. Congrats @chrisfroome
  • RichN95 wrote:
    How long before 21 year old Kenny Elissonde is proclaimed the saviour of French cycling (v12.0)?

Check the pure climbers thread.

It is a huge performance.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • nweststeyn
    BDEMmyVCUAAwxl8.jpg:large
  • nweststeyn
    ^ Awkward looking photo!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,401
    Is it a Guy doing a Guitar Windmill on the sleeves?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,016
    ^^ arms look too long for his body
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,174
    ^It looks like there was a lot of geology related excitement there for some posters.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited February 2013
    ^^Keep up LL!

Hmm, where is Dombrowski. I suppose SKY told him not to exert himself.........

Terribly thin legs
    tumblr_mi5ndyoWEm1qzxpybo1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Its his first pro race, after all. He's been working hard for the team, and good old Christian Knees has been guiding him along.

article here

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/02/ ... ack_274691
  • Got it. Doesn't seem to effect Elissonde tho.

Sky strolling in yday.
    WigginsPorteCataldo_2900213.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Is Wiggins actually breathing?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Got it. Doesn't seem to effect Elissonde tho.

Sky strolling in yday.

You seem to be able to read an awful lot into sporadic twitter updates.

Did Dombrowski try and go with Elissonde and fail?
  • Did I say that? No.

I was following him way before he was with Sky. I watched him win his Giro. He is on the pure climbers thread.

I like the guy. He can even do a decent TT for a guy with his physique.

I hate Sky's attitude to racing. I couldn't give a care about how effective it is.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Damn, sounds like that was quite a stage. Damn the lack of coverage and damn work.

Thanks for the updates all.

On a more serious note Froome really does look like Gollum doesn't he? In that picture where he's looming into view behind J-Rod and that uncomfortable looking one in the red jersey with overly ling arms, massive hands and boggley eyes. :shock:

(I'd post a picture but I need to go back and read FF's instructions again and I really should be doing a stack of work)
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Sorry FF - what is it about Sky's attitude to racing that you don't like?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Did I say that? No.

I was following him way before he was with Sky. I watched him win his Giro. He is on the pure climbers thread.

I like the guy. He can even do a decent TT for a guy with his physique.

I hate Sky's attitude to racing. I couldn't give a care about how effective it is.

The point is you have ZERO clue about how he rode today, yet you're still trying to use it to score points against Sky.

The first 5k of Green Mountain there were no updates for. Maybe Dombrowski attacked from the foot, maybe he was the main part of the Sky train, maybe he was dropped before they every got there.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Froome is the leader

ayxIJ.gif
  • TMR
    bompington wrote:
    Is Wiggins actually breathing?

He absorbs oxygen through his skin. His lungs are actually superfluous.
  • Got it. Doesn't seem to effect Elissonde tho.

Sky strolling in yday.

Elissonde's on his 2nd year with FDJ. Just looked up - didnt know he came 4th at Route du Sud last year. Dont want to have a Sky vs any-other-team argument. Just interested in him.
  • Turfle wrote:
    The point is you have ZERO clue about how he rode today, yet you're still trying to use it to score points against Sky.

The first 5k of Green Mountain there were no updates for. Maybe Dombrowski attacked from the foot, maybe he was the main part of the Sky train, maybe he was dropped before they every got there.

Thanks for your useful input.

If Dombrowski went balls to the wall and failed I will congratulate him and give you a gold star.

If came in average time then my comments stand.

Be sure to check the results later and let me know.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    Thanks for your useful input.

Even in the face of adversity you manage to be polite Frenchie. It's impressive :wink:
  • mroli wrote:
    Sorry FF - what is it about Sky's attitude to racing that you don't like?

Don't want to derail this thread. We can discuss it elsewhere another time. In brief: more often than not they have no class, no tradition, no panache, but lots of efficiency, lots of modernity and lots of plans. IMO, others may disagree which is perfectly fine, we are watching for our own enjoyment, not that of others.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mroli
    You don't often see any Saxobank/Tinkoff riders apart from Contador get placings when he's riding? I'm not sure what you want - there were plenty of instances last year when Sky got multiple placings (with Rogers/EBH/Froome/Wiggins/Porte) etc? I genuinely don't understand what your criticism is - Roche is capable of a top 10 GT finish, but he won't get one riding for Contador. Same with any number of riders across any number of teams. The only thing that makes Sky different is their depth?

Agreed though - we'll take it off line. But they can't have tradition as they're 3/4 years old.
  • Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador
    Already back to the hotel from stage 4.Today uphill finish, sensations were not the best,but I'm improving.Thanks @TeamSaxoTinkoff
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,927
    Gilbert is a long way off. Was it a long climb?
  • Gilbert is a long way off. Was it a long climb?

6km at 10-14%
  • Quotes from Froome and Wiggins on how today played out...and pics...

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -lead.html
  • mroli
    Pretty top solid top 5 on GC...

1. Chris Froome (GBr) Sky
    2. Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing at 24 secs
    3. Alberto Contador (Spa) Saxo-Tinkoff at 25 secs
    4. Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Astana at 34 secs
    5. Joaquim Rodriguez (Spa) Katusha at 45 secs

Will do Froome's ego the world of good if he can keep it like this tomorrow with these guys being his main TdF rivals...