Tour of Oman 2013 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• Shots of the people supporting the race have been great.

Funny photo with Merckx at the victory presentation.
    130213%20Tour%20of%20Oman%20Day%203%20stage%203-048.jpg

Cancellara in 15th. Not so bad eh.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Contador in 4th, Nibali in 11th, Wiggins 1.37 down.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Difficult to tell from the short highlights but looks like Sagan was maybe out front for 500m or so.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Brief Stage 3 highlights. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osQvOXc- ... e=youtu.be As mroli says: epic music, befitting the visuals, so much better than soulless techno.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I want to know what the "hot juice of death" is from the highlighs of stage two when that sheik dude showed off the old fortress..
    cartoon.jpg
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Doobz wrote:
    I want to know what the "hot juice of death" is from the highlighs of stage two when that sheik dude showed off the old fortress..

S & M you reckon?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Macaloon
    I was intrigued by this 'hot juice' too. Google thought I wanted Juice bar recommendations, so I asked Carlton. I'll be sure to share his answer.
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    Doobz wrote:

He was saying hot juice of date, as in the fruit. I've spent many hours listening to Omanis speak, maybe Mr Kirby needs me as a translator!
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • The big news from today is that the breakaway doesnt have Traksel in it.

Rast (RLT)
    Bookwalter (BMC)
    Schilling (TNE)
    Smukulis (KAT)
    Friedemann (CSS)

They had 4:25 after 48k, now down to 4:05. Saxo, Astana and Katusha leading the bunch
  • Macaloon
    greeny12 wrote:
    He was saying hot juice of date, as in the fruit. I've spent many hours listening to Omanis speak...

Thanks Carlton :D
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,956
    Just watched yesterdays highlights. It's hard to know where other riders are with form and fitness or even if they are trying at all, but it was astonishing to watch Sagan do that to a field of such high quality.

Cadel Evans refers to Sagan making an 'MTB move' with 1.5 to go. Anyone know what that was? I couldn't see anything in the highlights.

Also I think the region would make a fanastic circuit for the World's. Sadistic but fantastic.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    friends of mine rode Jebel Aktar last year - not just the first bit the pro's do, but the full 18 km of climb. Above where they finish the road surface gets worse, and when riding "the front wheel was lifting off the tarmac" - frightening stuff, but so was the way down too apprently.

15 deg difference between the valley floor and the top, and the wind chill coming was a horror storey
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Gap down to 1:50 with 13.5k from Green Mountain summit finish
  • Gap sub minute; bunch is now climbing.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gap now 1:05. Bunch on bottom slopes of Green Mountain, 10k from finish
  • the bunch have the break in sight - 25s
  • I expect Sagan will try hard to conserve the jersey and test himself. The updates must be difficult with them going higher up the mountain.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Contador goes. The shark is trying to catch his wheel.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Contador slows it down for Nibs to catch.

Froome, Evans and Pozzo trying to bridge.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Cadel's birthday today.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tour of Oman - LIVE ‏@TourofOman_live
    Nibali and Contador now together. Boonen, Sagan, Wiggins, Goss all dropped. #TOO13

1k to race.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Froome, Evans and Pozzovivo chasing Contador and Nibs
  • Contador, Nibali, Froome, Rodriguez

inside final k
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    money is on J-Rod
    cartoon.jpg
  • J-Rod attacks!
  • 1 Rodriguez, 2 Froome, 3 Evans, 4 Contador, 5 Nibali.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • would have given anything to see that live
  • Looks like they wait for Contador to launch the hostilities as usual then take it up for a sprint which Contador never has and never will compete in. Sounded decent, will be good pictures.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Looks like they wait for Contador to launch the hostilities as usual then take it up for a sprint which Contador never has and never will compete in.

So good, solid tactical racing then!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris