Tour of Oman 2013 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Yeh for sure. Sounds like a great end to the stage, look forward to seeing the highlights on ES.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Sonny73 wrote:
    Yeh for sure. Sounds like a great end to the stage, look forward to seeing the highlights on ES.

Tomorrow I assume?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Froome is looking ripped. Great work.

DELETE_zpse4c81dc4.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Froome is looking ripped. Great work.

Wont be long till we start hearing the "Has he peaked too early" jibes..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Great shot
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Doobz wrote:

[cough] gibes [/cough]

/pedant

Strava is not Zen.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,834
    Doobz wrote:

Not to mention the insinuations that will start if he is still winning in July!
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    BDE6_dwCMAERawV.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Pross wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    Not to mention the insinuations that will start if he is still winning in July!

#FreeFroome, no wait, #FlayFroome. If I was more mature I would be able to just laugh at it.

And ^ that's a mouthwatering pic.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • e78e9756-baba-412d-9539-85fd6d9aa5a0_zpsdddf290e.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Doobz wrote:
    BDE6_dwCMAERawV.jpg

So which cafe shall we stop at today then lads?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,834
    I keep forgetting Nibs is at Astana.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Doobz wrote:
    BDE6_dwCMAERawV.jpg
    Them, with evans, that's a ridiculosly high quality top 5 for a february warm up race in the dessert. And the amazing thing us they all seem to genuinly go for it. Where's the years when the tour de france favourites didnt get out of hibernation until june? Probably won't see a top 5 of that caliber before the Giro or arguably July?
  • Froome, Contador, Evans, Nibbles and J-Rod all riding T-A :)

GNC's highlights video from today
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhCL9EG6d_k
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    FJS wrote:
    Them, with evans, that's a ridiculosly high quality top 5 for a february warm up race in the dessert.

Oman is hardly the dessert, or even the desert.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,172
    Froome, Contador, Evans, Nibbles and J-Rod all riding T-A :)

That's Qatar, not Oman
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • phil s
    Froome, Contador, Evans, Nibbles and J-Rod all riding T-A :)

That's Qatar, dude. I'd be seriously impressed if it did get 12,600 views in quarter of an hour. Try this for size :wink:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Y_4d4jd8Y&list=UUuTaETsuCOkJ0H_GAztWt0Q&index=1
  • the shame of it

:oops: :oops:
  • FJS
    phil s wrote:
    FJS wrote:
    Them, with evans, that's a ridiculosly high quality top 5 for a february warm up race in the dessert.

Thanks for the spelling correction, got me there. Don't want to raise the pedantic remarks to another level, but Oman is very much desert. Part of the Arabian Desert to be precise. You didnt think deserts require sand dunes and such?
  • phil s
    FJS wrote:
    phil s wrote:
    FJS wrote:

Thanks for the spelling correction, got me there. Don't want to raise the pedantic remarks to another level, but Oman is very much desert. Part of the Arabian Desert to be precise. You didnt think deserts require sand dunes and such?

Didn't think that, but this being my third year filming this race, I can tell you there isn't really that much desert they race through. Lots of motorways - someone have a word about that - and days like today, which would be many a cyclist's wet dream: twisty-turny, up and down, little villages, palm trees and wadis. Not desert.
  • Macaloon
    edited February 2013
    Short highlights - Froome was doing donkey work. Then appeared to be apocalyptically hanging on to Nibs and Bert with J-Rod up the road. Then he appeared miraculously in 2nd with a sizable gap. Highlights should be an unconventional watch.
  • FJS
    phil s wrote:
    FJS wrote:
    phil s wrote:
    FJS wrote:

Didn't think that, but this being my third year filming this race, I can tell you there isn't really that much desert they race through. Lots of motorways - someone have a word about that - and days like today, which would be many a cyclist's wet dream: twisty-turny, up and down, little villages, palm trees and wadis. Not desert.
    That's desert. Sorry, it's the geographer in me raising it's head. It's certainly pretty desert though, in contrast wih Qatar
  • Macaloon
    phil s wrote:

Possible Noob question alert. You're responsible for some of the awesome pictures on the highlights shows? If so thanks. I'm a big fan of the wave-like heli shots over summits: awesome :D If not :oops:
  • phil s
    LOL, not going to argue with a geographer. Qatar is certainly desert, rocky, gravelly desert, broken up by Humvees and Porsche Cayennes tearing all over the place. Oman has a lot more colour and contrast, smiling faces and wicked roads for cycling, but it's vast - takes ages to get around and transfers are a joke.
  • phil s
    Macaloon wrote:

Possible Noob question alert. You're responsible for some of the awesome pictures on the highlights shows? If so thanks. I'm a big fan of the wave-like heli shots over summits: awesome :D If not :oops:

I'm the one-man camera, edit and voice on GCN for this race, filmed from a press car and the ground - sadly not a helicopter or motorbike. The highlights are produced by a much larger team. Not sure who does heli-cam, but Topsy the Belgian does a lot of the money shots on ground.
  • Macaloon
    phil s wrote:
    I'm the one-man camera, edit and voice on GCN for this race, filmed from a press car and the ground - sadly not a helicopter or motorbike. The highlights are produced by a much larger team. Not sure who does heli-cam, but Topsy the Belgian does a lot of the money shots on ground.
    Pah. Helicopters are overrated. Great coverage with one camera. :shock:
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Thanks for the link Phil. Much appreciated.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,240
    Loving Froome on the turbo - here's a man who hasn't hurt himself enough for day...
    Phil S - Ive got a couple of "shop" questions for you; what's best means of contact, via GCN?
  • phil s
    OCDP, send me a PM through here, or phil dot sheehan at flammerougemedia dot com. Off to bed now, early start tomorrow.