Tour of Oman 2013 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    i see that - the peloton have really stepped on it now they are on the flat towards Al Seeb only 50 seconds the gap and 20K to go Sagan or Bouhanni ?
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    Er... Goss?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Last Samurai action:

TourofOman_live 11:43am via Echofon

25K left to race. Uchima (JPN) leads race solo with 1:20 advantage. Fumy Beppu (OGE) leads chase. #TOO13
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Bansai move finished.

Tour of Oman - LIVE ‏@TourofOman_live
    Uchima (JPN) has rejoined the bunch after 146K in break. Altogether heading towards stage one finish at Sultan Qaboos University.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Can we have some rules as to what can and can't be discussed on a spoiler thread please? I'm all for it being about the racing but surely that rules out posting pictures of rider's veins?
  • Inside final 10Km, all together.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Kittel wins.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Team JPN Hooked up behind camera derny Keirin-style
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Anonymous
    Tour of Oman, Stage 1: 1. Marcel Kittel, 2. Davide Appollonio, 3. Nacer Bouhanni. GC after Stage 1: 1. Marcel Kittel.
  • Anonymous
    Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde
    Top10 Stage1 in #TOO13 1. Kittel 2. Appollonio 3. Bouhanni 4. Kristoff 5. Boonen 6. Phinney 7. Fortin 8. Goddaert 9. Viviani 10. Guarnieri
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    coriordan wrote:
    Kittel wins.

Nice :)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Nice to see Kittel get the win, I really do hope his team can help him compete with Cav and Greipel. Also good to see Appollonio doing well, I was beginning to think he was going backwards after showing some signs of promise a couple of seasons back.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Sagan?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Well that was a fecking waste of me sitting round all morning instead of washing my bike.

Had been told there would be live pics on Oman TV.. Instead I managed to watch a goat slaughter. Some ladies dancing un-scantilly clad in your finest table cloths and some military initiation ceremony.

:twisted:
    cartoon.jpg
  • Doobz wrote:
    Well that was a ******* waste of me sitting round all morning instead of washing my bike.

Had been told there would be live pics on Oman TV.. Instead I managed to watch a goat slaughter. Some ladies dancing un-scantilly clad in your finest table cloths and some military initiation ceremony.

Tbh Doobz, that was still probably more interesting than when the peloton's in one of its 'cant be arsed' moods in a GT stage...did you capture anyway for CT? :)
  • Sagan?
    Dunno, not in top 10.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Sort it out. Is there no money in that part of the world or something?

30 hour wait until 30 mins highlights!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Doobz wrote:
    Well that was a ******* waste of me sitting round all morning instead of washing my bike.

Sounds way better than Bargain Hunt.
  • TMR
    afx237vi wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

Day time TV makes me want to shoot myself in the face.

"XYZ loans made it so easy for me to sell my soul. There was no paperwork to fill in and I got my loan straight away." :(
  • afx237vi wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

Day time TV makes me want to shoot myself in the face.

"XYZ loans made it so easy for me to sell my soul. There was no paperwork to fill in and I got my loan straight away." :(
    If I'm ever not at work during the day, it amazes me how different advertising is compared to an evening.
  • TMR
    If I'm ever not at work during the day, it amazes me how different advertising is compared to an evening.

I'm sure they are designed to take advantage of stupid women home alone. By the time the husband gets home the damage is done.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Their TV is completely nuts. Writing appears on the screen from the wrong side. Their HD channel just shows pictures of streams and mountains. Its quite relaxing and nice to look at but I would much prefer cycling..

They did have a pre-race recording of something about the race and some shots of mechanics building up bikes etc. Managed to grab that. Had Merckx talking about the jerseys "Here is a White one" bla bla..

not the end of the world. Bike is clean now.. Massage later.. Living the dream
    cartoon.jpg
  • I'm sure they are designed to take advantage of stupid men home alone. By the time the wife gets home the damage is done.

FTFY
  • GeorgeShaw wrote:
    I'm sure they are designed to take advantage of stupid people home alone. By the time their partner gets home the damage is done.

FTFY

Thought I'd do you the same courtesy ;)
  • TMR
    GeorgeShaw wrote:
    I'm sure they are designed to take advantage of stupid men home alone. By the time the wife gets home the damage is done.

FTFY

This isn't Equal Opportunities Hour! ;)
  • TMR
    GeorgeShaw wrote:
    I'm sure they are designed to take advantage of stupid people home alone. By the time their partner gets home the damage is done.

FTFY

Thought I'd do you the same courtesy ;)

Nooooooooooooooooo! When will it end? What have I started?! Someone think of the children! :mrgreen:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    GeorgeShaw wrote:
    I'm sure they are designed to take advantage of stupid men home alone. By the time the wife gets home the damage is done.

FTFY

This isn't Equal Opportunities Hour! ;)

Now. FrenchFighter has already told you there's to be no silly on his thread.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Anyone know what happened to Wiggins? Last place 1.30 down.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Anyone know what happened to Wiggins? Last place 1.30 down.
    He was behind a crash with 2km to go. They probably haven't revised the times yet.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Anyone know what happened to Wiggins? Last place 1.30 down.

Mistake on the results front, I'd have thought. Sky website just mentions him being held up behind a crash but that was at 2kms to go. From their report, he's fine and dandy.