Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• ste1975
    ste1975 Posts: 14
    Nice to see that you got yours :D
    btw, how can you ask Canyon waived the delivery charge and the box? Mine supposed came at week11 however I am still waiting for it..

Joelau, just ring them up or email them and kick up a fuss and tell them you want compensating. It seems quite standard that they refund these charges.

Regards,
    Stephen.
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    ste1975 wrote:
    Joelau, just ring them up or email them and kick up a fuss and tell them you want compensating. It seems quite standard that the refund these charges.

Regards,
    Stephen.

Of the above you can assure I will be doing as of Monday. 8) We have been waiting long enough. :evil:

Steve
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • joelau
    joelau Posts: 3
    ste1975 wrote:
    Nice to see that you got yours :D
    btw, how can you ask Canyon waived the delivery charge and the box? Mine supposed came at week11 however I am still waiting for it..

Joelau, just ring them up or email them and kick up a fuss and tell them you want compensating. It seems quite standard that they refund these charges.

Regards,
    Stephen.
    thx for your advice, I sent a email to them and let see whether they will do so :P
  • cyprids
    cyprids Posts: 21
    My original delivery week was 11 and were told to pay in week 9, which I did...then it was delayed until week 16...
    Week 16 came and then nothing. Only when I contacted them for information did I get their standard email about quality checks etc.
    I respect the need to do quality checks prior to shipping and I accept that delays can occur, but I would like to be informed all the way without having to pull out information from them.

Certainly, I would not have had to pay well in advance already in week 9 when the delivery week is of now undefined :x ...

So Canyon, please automatically inform your customers well in advance with detailed information about chances in delivery etc., especially since you are a internet based company...

Anyways, still looking forward to get my hands on my CF SLX 8.0 ES and some compensation soon 8)
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    j_smith wrote:
    I just got this e-mail from Canyon:

Thank you for choosing to order a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX.

Our aim in the production of the Ultimate CF SLX has been to produce a superbly engineered frameset designed for top level cycle sport. With the first orders having been successfully shipped for the new product, we discovered in the course of our standard Quality Assurance process that some products were not up to our high standards.

In order to ensure every single frameset meets these rigorous standards we have had to implement some additional quality checks. Our colleagues in the quality control department are now working around the clock to check every single frameset and give final approval. Every frameset that passes our quality control checks will be immediately passed on to our production facility for subsequent assembly and delivery to the customer.

We regret that at this stage we cannot provide you a specific delivery date. We will however contact you again next week when we will be in a position to give you more reliable information on the delivery of your new bike.

Best wishes,

The Canyon Team

I ordered a 9.0 and had a delivery week of week 19. Now that won't happen, and I just hope that I will get it before the end of May.

That's also the exact email I received last night at around 6pm. Ultimate 9.0 in medium, week 18 bike. I've got everything really crossed that it arrives before a bike touring holiday, already booked for May. Gulp.

Pretty irritated as I phoned canyon uk earlier in the week to confirm it was on time, and they emailed me back saying it was. Just have to hope it is, I guess.
  • Interesting to see every rider chose the Aeroad over the SLX at LBL today! Maybe Katusha's bikes had to be recalled because of the quality issues aswell!
  • Low-fi
    Phoned Canyon UK this morning. They said they have more information that they can't release yet, and we should be getting an update soon (certainly before the end of the week, like the email said).

A liiiiiiittle frustrating.
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    Low-fi wrote:
    Phoned Canyon UK this morning. They said they have more information that they can't release yet, and we should be getting an update soon (certainly before the end of the week, like the email said).

Is this more information on the delivery date or the QA issue?
  • Crozza wrote:

Whats it say for those of us who don't use Facebook?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    For the record I don't use facebook, but I do reluctantly have an account so I can log in to stuff like this.

Canyon UK have an open day where you can try bikes, and get your existing one serviced.
    Join us for the first Canyon UK OpenHaus on Bank Holiday Monday, May 6th. We'll have a fleet of demo bikes available for test rides, existing Canyon customers can drop in with their bike for a free tune up. Stop by and say hi, and help us celebrate the opening of new UK office / service centre.

Test rides will need to be booked in advance by email, more details here to follow shortly.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    This is disastrous PR for Canyon and they seem to be taking every opportunity to make it worse.

Taking money up front when the bikes don't exist is really bad.

I hope it gets resolved soon.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Low-fi
    Skerryman wrote:
    Low-fi wrote:

Is this more information on the delivery date or the QA issue?

Delivery dates. He said they had more information, but they weren't able to to communicate it just yet. I asked about the reasons behind the delays, and he just said that QA were being super sure and CT scanning every frame...on the positive side, I doubt there's any other manufacturer who's doing this level of quality checking.

The cynic might say they're having lots of issues building the frames, and quality is so touch and go that they're having to do this just to ensure safety.
  • Bar Shaker wrote:
    This is disastrous PR for Canyon and they seem to be taking every opportunity to make it worse.

Taking money up front when the bikes don't exist is really bad.

I hope it gets resolved soon.

They don't take 'money up front'.
  • da123
    da123 Posts: 27
    Got mine yesterday.

Here is a frankly terrible picture.

She is as stock, except for the wheels and tyres, the saddle and the chain.

Not weighed yet, but I think around 600g is saved by swopping the wheels, saddle and chain. Add 155g for the pedals, and based on Canyon's quoted weight I guess she's around 5.75kg

• Skerryman
    da123 wrote:
    Got mine yesterday.

Not weighed yet, but I think around 600g is saved by swopping the wheels, saddle and chain. Add 155g for the pedals, and based on Canyon's quoted weight I guess she's around 5.75kg

Beautiful looking machine. Feel free to post up more pics when convenient and a ride report :wink:
    What size frame you go for?
  • da123
    Skerryman wrote:
    da123 wrote:
    Got mine yesterday.

Beautiful looking machine. Feel free to post up more pics when convenient and a ride report :wink:

It is a small. I'm 5'9". Spot on fit for me.

She's done a grand total of 6 miles so far. Very early impressions are that she is very smooth. Lots of terrible tarmac on my ride into work, and the rear end and fork do a great job of smoothing the ride. Certainly a bit more comfortable than my Storck, although different wheels, so perhaps not a fair comparison.

Finish on the frame is reasonable rather than flawless I would say, but I'm comparing to my Fascenario which is significantly more expensive.

Will post a more comprehensive review once I've done a few more miles.
  • Skerryman
    da123 wrote:
    Skerryman wrote:
    da123 wrote:
    Got mine yesterday.

She's done a grand total of 6 miles so far. Very early impressions are that she is very smooth. Lots of terrible tarmac on my ride into work, and the rear end and fork do a great job of smoothing the ride. Certainly a bit more comfortable than my Storck, although different wheels, so perhaps not a fair comparison.

Finish on the frame is reasonable rather than flawless I would say, but I'm comparing to my Fascenario which is significantly more expensive.

Interesting. Did you use the Canyon fit system thing? I'm 5'11" and ordered a Medium, hoping it's a good fit.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    da123 wrote:
    Lots of terrible tarmac on my ride into work

so it's your new commuter hack then? :lol:
  • da123
    Skerryman wrote:
    da123 wrote:
    Skerryman wrote:
    da123 wrote:
    Got mine yesterday.

Interesting. Did you use the Canyon fit system thing? I'm 5'11" and ordered a Medium, hoping it's a good fit.

Yes, and it put me on a small. I checked the dimensions against my current ride as well, and I wouldn't have been able to get the front end as low as I'm used to. I'm sure you'll be ok on a medium, I would have been ok length wise, but I just prefer a lower front end.
  • Skerryman
    da123 wrote:
    Skerryman wrote:
    da123 wrote:
    Skerryman wrote:
    da123 wrote:
    Got mine yesterday.

Yes, and it put me on a small. I checked the dimensions against my current ride as well, and I wouldn't have been able to get the front end as low as I'm used to. I'm sure you'll be ok on a medium, I would have been ok length wise, but I just prefer a lower front end.

Thanks for that, enjoy the bike, looks awesome and hopefully worth the wait.
  • Low-fi
    The fit system seems to be based entirely on leg length. After quite a few discussions with Canyon, they were very clear with me that it would be a medium (177cm, 82.5cm inside leg) – so much so the guy almost laughed off a small.
  • Crozza
    da123 wrote:

the (size large) that Road.cc have weighed in at 6.08 kgs, so it may be even lighter 8)
  • Low-fi
    Fascinating: no Ultimate CF SLXs available for test rides at Canyon UK's OpenHaus: https://www.canyon.com/_en/service/news ... ml?nt=3981
  • Skerryman
    Anyone got any links to reviews of the SLX, can't find any, that Road.cc one is just a teaser and no sign of actual review.
  • Crozza
    there's links to a couple of tour magazine reviews on the Canyon website, but nothing substantial yet

we are waiting for road.cc, but personally I'm hoping the forum members who have received theres will be chiming in soon *hint hint*
  • Mine is due in June, week 24. But the 2014 model will be released in October. Thinking about cancelling and just waiting. What is the issue with the frame, is there a problem with its reliability ?
    The late delivery is really making me think twice, i should have had it in week 12.
  • Skerryman
    Mine is due in June, week 24. But the 2014 model will be released in October. Thinking about cancelling and just waiting. What is the issue with the frame, is there a problem with its reliability ?
    The late delivery is really making me think twice, i should have had it in week 12.

Where did you hear that the 2014 model is coming out in October??
  • Canyon announce their new ranges in October, nothing usually available until the following year though....as people are finding out....
  • Decided to have a fitting on Friday for an alternative option ... not liking the bad vibes around this debacle so I'm ready to cancel.