Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• da123
    da123 Posts: 27
    Crozza wrote:
    let's see. your wheels for £1k, the Red gruppo for £1100 from bike-discount, the slx frame for £1400 (tax free - am in Channel Islands)

that's £3,500 already before I've even got saddle, bars etc. Canyon will sell me an SL for around £3k

no deal!

Damn, might as well keep them then, given you're obviously the only person in the world who's likely to be in the market for a new set of wheels.
  • Did anyone else notice katusha won Flèche today on an aeroad and not a SLX? Maybe the rumours of dodgy bottom brackets hence the extra 4 week waits are true...

Seriously starting to think about ordering an aeroad in the same spec as the SLX I've ordered and getting it in ten days instead of week 19 +delays, please someone talk me out of that!
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    Did anyone else notice katusha won Flèche today on an aeroad and not a SLX? Maybe the rumours of dodgy bottom brackets hence the extra 4 week waits are true...

Seriously starting to think about ordering an aeroad in the same spec as the SLX I've ordered and getting it in ten days instead of week 19 +delays, please someone talk me out of that!

Down to riders preference of machines really. Also, I'd doubt they would be sending bikes out for magazine reviews if there was a quality issue. Kristoffs SLX held up fine in Paris-Roubaix, not sure if they rode the Aeroroad on the cobbles.
  • oceheb
    oceheb Posts: 124
    May be Fleche wasnt classified as hilly enough?
    Hills:
    Km 76.5 - Côte de Naninne - 2.6 km, 3.7 %
    Km 90.0 - Côte de Groynne - 2.0 km, 3.5 %
    Km 108.5 - Mur de Huy - 1.3 km, 9.3 %
    Km 127.5 - Côte d'Ereffe - 2.1 km, 5.9 %
    Km 146.0 - Côte de Peu d'Eau - 2.7 km, 3.9 %
    Km 151.0 - Côte de Bellaire - 1.0 km, 6.8 %
    Km 158.5 - Côte de Bohisseau - 1.3 km, 7.6 %
    Km 161.5 - Côte de Bousalle - 1.7 km, 4.9 %
    Km 173.5 - Mur de Huy - 1.3 km, 9.3 %
    Km 190.0 - Côte d'Amay - 1.5 km, 6.7 %
    Km 196.5 - Côte de Villers-le-Bouillet - 1.2 km, 7.5 %
    Km 205.0 - Mur de Huy - 1.3 km, 9.3 %

cf6f6c2d5ac83f483960abae6342ed1a.jpg
  • look565wong
    look565wong Posts: 301
    I'm still waiting for mine after being delayed twice, and since I pull the trigger back in December I've bought a "few bits & bobs" for eventual up-grade & diet programme. :mrgreen:

[img][/img]8660130447_2b7f765cfd_c.jpg
    Untitled by look565w, on Flickr

At this rate, if I don't get my bike soon I'm going to end up buying a complete new bike soon.
    Please help me CANYON! :shock:

Yours Desperately

C
  • look565wong
    Don't think the image link worked :oops:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55693145@N05/8660130447/

Sorry!
  • When were you supposed to get your bike? How long have the delays been for you?
  • look565wong
    Hi Rhodonabike,

Week 11 when I placed the order, delayed for 4 week (week 15) then last week an email saying further 7-10 days!
    Too long!

Cheers
  • Bloody hell! That leaves no hope for the rest of us, I'm suppose to be week 19 but with a six week delay it's looking like it's going to be week 25 at the earliest I get mine!

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you go for 7.0 di2 ? I went for the same but in a large instead of a small!
  • look565wong
    Yes, RhodOnABike, Ui2 & in small!

Hopefully the long delay is only for the very first lot & things work out as production gets sorted!

Good luck to us all!
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    Mine is due any day now as it's week 16 :roll: Well i was originally week 18, they brought that forward 2 weeks (which is different), so week 16 - thats now. I have also been told of an expected 7-10 day delay but I wont hold my breath. If nothing materialises by Monday 29th April then I will have something to say. I pressed the button on 2/1/13 :shock:

Come on Canyon - sort it out !
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • da123
    If it provides any hope, mine has now been shipped. According to the UPS tracker, it is now in Barking as of this morning, and should be with me (in Birmingham) on Monday.

I was also due delivery week 11, then delayed to week 15. I also got the '7-10 day delay' email this week. I did speak to a very helpful German guy from Canyon on Wednesday this week, and asked him about the QC process they were undertaking. He said that because it was a new frame, instead of just having random spot quality checks (their normal procedure), they were CT scanning all the slx frames. He said that the reason for the delay was effectively a lack of communication, i.e. the people advising on the delivery times had not been told until very recently that their QC people wanted to scan every frame.

It might be BS, but he said that the backlog was now cleared (and more quickly than they had thought it would), and bikes were now being shipped.
  • Skerryman
    da123 wrote:
    If it provides any hope, mine has now been shipped. According to the UPS tracker, it is now in Barking as of this morning, and should be with me (in Birmingham) on Monday.

I was also due delivery week 11, then delayed to week 15. I also got the '7-10 day delay' email this week. I did speak to a very helpful German guy from Canyon on Wednesday this week, and asked him about the QC process they were undertaking. He said that because it was a new frame, instead of just having random spot quality checks (their normal procedure), they were CT scanning all the slx frames. He said that the reason for the delay was effectively a lack of communication, i.e. the people advising on the delivery times had not been told until very recently that their QC people wanted to scan every frame.

It might be BS, but he said that the backlog was now cleared (and more quickly than they had thought it would), and bikes were now being shipped.

Sweet, it must be nice to be looking forward to a Monday for once, I'd say the weekend came go quick enough for ya.
  • chigman
    da123 wrote:

Ah good news at last. Thanks for the info.

ps.. If your bike is in Barking, it may not now make Birmingham :lol: I would hate for my bike to be anywhere near Barking :lol:

^^^^^
    Joking
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    looking forward to seeing it da123 - especially as you have gone for the model I (really really) want
  • look565wong
    DA123,

Please do let us know how you get on & show us the BIKE as soon as you can manage! 8)

P.S- What number did you call to speak to the chap from Canyon? I might give them a call too if it helps to speed up my delivery. :wink:

Cheers
  • da123
    DA123,

Please do let us know how you get on & show us the BIKE as soon as you can manage! 8)

P.S- What number did you call to speak to the chap from Canyon? I might give them a call too if it helps to speed up my delivery. :wink:

Cheers

0208 549 6001

I think it may depend on who you speak to. I've rung them on this number before and you either get an English guy who I've generally found pretty unhelpful in a 'computer says no' sort of way (not rude, just slightly disinterested), or a German guy who really did seem to try and do all he could.
  • look565wong
    Thanks da123, much appreciated!

I think I've spoken to the "disinterested" guy last time I phoned.

Cheers
  • chigman
    Well I decided to email them again today to see if they can give me a definate answer to my delivery date. I'll let you know what they say.
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • look565wong
    This fellow member have his already!

Check it out:

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12917277

Yes!
  • j_smith
    j_smith Posts: 8
    I just got this e-mail from Canyon:

Thank you for choosing to order a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX.

Our aim in the production of the Ultimate CF SLX has been to produce a superbly engineered frameset designed for top level cycle sport. With the first orders having been successfully shipped for the new product, we discovered in the course of our standard Quality Assurance process that some products were not up to our high standards.

In order to ensure every single frameset meets these rigorous standards we have had to implement some additional quality checks. Our colleagues in the quality control department are now working around the clock to check every single frameset and give final approval. Every frameset that passes our quality control checks will be immediately passed on to our production facility for subsequent assembly and delivery to the customer.

We regret that at this stage we cannot provide you a specific delivery date. We will however contact you again next week when we will be in a position to give you more reliable information on the delivery of your new bike.

Best wishes,

The Canyon Team

I ordered a 9.0 and had a delivery week of week 19. Now that won't happen, and I just hope that I will get it before the end of May.
  • chigman
    j_smith wrote:
    I just got this e-mail from Canyon:

Thank you for choosing to order a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX.

Our aim in the production of the Ultimate CF SLX has been to produce a superbly engineered frameset designed for top level cycle sport. With the first orders having been successfully shipped for the new product, we discovered in the course of our standard Quality Assurance process that some products were not up to our high standards.

In order to ensure every single frameset meets these rigorous standards we have had to implement some additional quality checks. Our colleagues in the quality control department are now working around the clock to check every single frameset and give final approval. Every frameset that passes our quality control checks will be immediately passed on to our production facility for subsequent assembly and delivery to the customer.

We regret that at this stage we cannot provide you a specific delivery date. We will however contact you again next week when we will be in a position to give you more reliable information on the delivery of your new bike.

Best wishes,

The Canyon Team

I ordered a 9.0 and had a delivery week of week 19. Now that won't happen, and I just hope that I will get it before the end of May.

That is the exact same reply that I have just had from them - word for word.

Steve
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Yep I just got the email as well! So much for week 19!! Tempted to cancel the order and go for the aeroad
  • Yep, I got the same email. It's not necessarily a bad thing though is it? It doesn't mention a further delay - it could be more of an explanation of issues so far? I think I'll wait until next week for more specific details & if its too much of a delay I've got my eye on supersix with Red :lol:
  • chigman
    I made sure that i added... " I look forward to your email update next week " at the end of my mail back to them. :mrgreen:

Steve
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • I feel for you chaps :(

Mine arrived today. I was down as week 14 so factoring in the max delivery time then it was only 2 days late.
    Canyon waived the delivery charge and the cost of the bike box. I also got it at the price applicable when I ordered it in November. All in all a good deal.

One thing that's disappointing though is the weight. It's supposed to weigh 6.45kg but only weighs 6kg ?
    Why do companies lie like this? It's okay as I have drilled a hole in the top tube and poured in a pound of kiln dried sand but it's not the point though is it?

The bike looks awesome. 8)
    I hope it rides as good as it looks.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • ste1975
    ste1975 Posts: 14
    Hi peeps,

I have been in constant touch with Canyon over the last few weeks regarding my order. I originally was down for week 11 that was pushed back to week 15. Then the 7-10 day delay came along. I ordered my bike back in mid Dec.
    I too have received all the standard emails regarding the delay and after a couple of complaints I have also been refunded the shipping / bike guard charges.
    I was very recently told that the bike frames appeared to be being tested in size order and that a batch of small bikes were despatched earlier this week. That would make a mock of the first come first served ordering process that they supposedly adopt. I was told they couldn't confirm any dates for the large frame size that I ordered. Hardly fair if you ask me.
    I am waiting for another call on Tuesday 23rd with hopefully some more info, but I won't hold my breath in terms of any good news.
    I go on a cycling holiday to the Alps at the beginning of May, so I will be gutted if the bike doesn't show up :(

Charlie Potatoes, what size did you order just out of interest ?

Regards,
    Stephen.
  • ste1975 wrote:
    Charlie Potatoes, what size did you order just out of interest ?

Regards,
    Stephen.

Medium

As is this one here........
    This fellow member have his already!

Check it out:

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12917277

Yes!
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • joelau
    joelau Posts: 3
    I feel for you chaps :(

Mine arrived today. I was down as week 14 so factoring in the max delivery time then it was only 2 days late.
    Canyon waived the delivery charge and the cost of the bike box. I also got it at the price applicable when I ordered it in November. All in all a good deal.

One thing that's disappointing though is the weight. It's supposed to weigh 6.45kg but only weighs 6kg ?
    Why do companies lie like this? It's okay as I have drilled a hole in the top tube and poured in a pound of kiln dried sand but it's not the point though is it?

The bike looks awesome. 8)
    I hope it rides as good as it looks.

Nice to see that you got yours :D
    btw, how can you ask Canyon waived the delivery charge and the box? Mine supposed came at week11 however I am still waiting for it..
  • Skerryman
    Just looking at the Canyon site there and noticed that the delivery date for the 8.0 has gone from week 26 (my currently quoted delivery date) to week 22. Emailed them there to see if this means mine will be ready earlier than week 26, I'd expect that would be the case, would really suck if I ended up waiting a month less for the bike if I ordered it 6 weeks later than I did.