Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    Cruds probably will fit. Race blades definitely fit and are a lot better, quick release too.
  • jezzpalmer wrote:
    Cruds probably will fit. Race blades definitely fit and are a lot better, quick release too.

Ta
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    lawrences wrote:
    jezzpalmer wrote:
    adamfo wrote:

That's a std headsed with expander.

The Acros headset on the retail stuff is a bit weird, and adds quite a lot to the stem height.

Not any old Standard headset. That's a canyon own brand standard headset. Doh.

I would of thought the rider would of noticed a lose top cap.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Agreed. The rattling would have been awful. Maybe it was more of a sudden failure than bad spannering.
  • lawrences wrote:
    Agreed. The rattling would have been awful. Maybe it was more of a sudden failure than bad spannering.

Relentless :lol:
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • My replacement CF SLX frame has lasted less than a month. I once again have a cracked seatpost. Think i better change my user name to ' Mr Angry' . Waiting to hear back from Canyon UK, here we go again......
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    I am surprised they havent issued a recall by now, if there is a known issue
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • lawrences
    Because they don't need to "issue" a recall. The frames are all making their way back to them anyway :lol:
  • Can someone please post a photo of the actual new larger clamp on the bike (not the one on the online shop)?
  • Yes I have the Cf slx 9.0 Ltd and frankly I wish I'd never seen it. Canyon UK had it back to sort eps fault and sent it to Germany 9 weeks later it came back still faulty. Eventually sorted by Velotech. Sent a Mavic wheel back to Canyon with broken spoke 3 weeks later they return it minus the cassette. I'd like to be able to say something good about Canyon but I have found the UK service centre a complete and utter joke. When I asked why send the bike to Germany to sort the eps the reply was "we have no tools to do it here".
  • watto77
    watto77 Posts: 12
    I am about to be on CF SLX frame number 4 and have given up. Asked for a refund instead.
  • They must be issuing a few refunds. After my posts a couple of weeks ago UPS picked my bike up and Canyon UK received it last Monday. Waiiting on my refund now.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    this put me off buying an Ultimate SLX a long time ago, not going to chance it ...
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    Here's one that cracked from a year ago. The google translation is a bit funky but you get the idea

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... annel%3Dsb
  • So is this cracking business all confined to the SLX or are other models involved as well?
  • As far as I can tell just the CF SLX, and apparently only when using the VCLS 2.0 seat post.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    watto77 wrote:
    As far as I can tell just the CF SLX, and apparently only when using the VCLS 2.0 seat post.

no, mine cracked with the VCLS 1.0 post

no problems as yet with the new seat collar, but then I haven't taken it off to check underneath
  • So you think i would be safe with the Ultimate CF SL then as long as i dont have the 2.0 post?
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    poacher13 wrote:
    So you think i would be safe with the Ultimate CF SL then as long as i dont have the 2.0 post?
    I've seen no reported issues of cracking on the SL. Seems as though the issue has just been on the SLX.
  • neilr4
    neilr4 Posts: 161
    For those who are concerned.......

I emailed Canyon re: lack of campagnolo equipped bikes in SLX range they emailed me back saying that the range will be additions to the range with Campagnolo equipped bikes in September :lol:
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE
    SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'
  • neilr4 wrote:
    they emailed me back

Blimey :shock:

:D
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • neilr4
    neilr4 Posts: 161
    neilr4 wrote:
    they emailed me back

Blimey :shock:

:D

Yep.... I live in the Netherlands and anytime I've emailed them I get a reply the next day!!!!!!!
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE
    SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'
  • neilr4 wrote:
    For those who are concerned.......

I emailed Canyon re: lack of campagnolo equipped bikes in SLX range they emailed me back saying that the range will be additions to the range with Campagnolo equipped bikes in September :lol:

So you aren't worried about the cracking just the group set? :facepalm:
  • I don't know exactly how many bikes Canyon sell per year, but I'm guessing it's quite a few more than the handful of cracked bikes we've seen on this thread...
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • morph
    morph Posts: 63
    Dodger747 wrote:
    I don't know exactly how many bikes Canyon sell per year, but I'm guessing it's quite a few more than the handful of cracked bikes we've seen on this thread...
    I'd imagine so too, although I'd be interested to know what the percentage is.

VCLS 1 post, CF SLX with old narrow clamp, 90+kg rider and survived a lot of kms including Paris Roubaix.
    No cracks so far, although if it's free to have a wider clamp I may ask them to send me one.
  • I've got the SLX and VCLS 2. Tighten to recommended tension and post usually slips down when out on a ride.
    Have checked and can't see a crack in frame. Emailed Canyon and they replied saying they have a shim for this problem. They are sending one out.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    I too emaled Canyon about availability of Campagnolo equipped (more specifically EPS) SLX bikes and got this reply:
    Many thanks for your e-mail.

We have no plans to produce any bikes in 2015 with Super Record EPS.
  • lawrences
    mulvers wrote:
    I've got the SLX and VCLS 2. Tighten to recommended tension and post usually slips down when out on a ride.
    Have checked and can't see a crack in frame. Emailed Canyon and they replied saying they have a shim for this problem. They are sending one out.

Carbon assembly paste might help you too. Just increases the friction without having to increase torque.
  • lawrences wrote:
    mulvers wrote:
    I've got the SLX and VCLS 2. Tighten to recommended tension and post usually slips down when out on a ride.

Carbon assembly paste might help you too. Just increases the friction without having to increase torque.
    I use that too!!
  • lawrences
    mulvers wrote:
    lawrences wrote:
    mulvers wrote:

I use that too!!

Oh dear then. :S