Ooh, ooh, follow me, follow me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • You made my join Twitter.

Well it is a cult :wink:

Some quality tweeting today, Dr
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    @PaulKimmage: Bottom line: When they start applying the same standards to Team Sky as they did to Lance Armstrong, I'll start taking them seriously.

The Kimmage finale. Here's a "journalist" equating an entire Pro team with one of the biggest cheats (and scoundrels) in sports history. Not a shred of evidence was produced. No need because he was asking "the big questions". I don't think journalists should get to do that.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    You made my join Twitter.

Cheers. First time on twitter for ages :-)
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231

Can we keep the Gloattering to a minimum, please? - it's like hearing about an amazing party at a swanky venue with incredible canapés - whilst the rest of us were in an unheated scout hut eating Wotsits and Wagon Wheels whilst being cornered by Bad Breath Barry and Mundane Maureen...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Can we keep the Gloattering to a minimum, please? - it's like hearing about an amazing party at a swanky venue with incredible canapés - whilst the rest of us were in an unheated scout hut eating Wotsits and Wagon Wheels whilst being cornered by Bad Breath Barry and Mundane Maureen...

Yes, Twitter really is a very exclusive club, they won't let any old Tom, Dick or Harry join.

Point taken re nauseating self-congratulatory back slapping though, even if we did all really deserve it.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    So 5 people have followed me, 4 of whom I don't know....any of you reprobates?

Outstanding forum effort tonight boys and girls. Sure it will have zero affect on her, but at least she may realise she speaks for the massive minority of UK cycling fans...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    You lot are very naughty.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    OCDuPalais wrote:

It really was a great party:
    109868217-danny6_317247b.jpg

Nurse Ratchett still holds all the keys.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Dont think much of yours :)
  • ddraver wrote:

Outstanding forum effort tonight boys and girls. Sure it will have zero affect on her, but at least she may realise she speaks for the massive minority of UK cycling fans...

*raises hand*
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    raises hand too.

I thought she was quite/more reasonable when pressed...
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Wagon Wheels...

Mmmmmm wagon wheels.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 480
    Shit day and work and that lot cheared me up no end! Top read, might have to start following people on twitter now...

Favourite lines have to be the biscuit line and then bating of the gooners by ddraver... irony is that wenger has been the biggest critic of blood spinning and injections in football.
  • ocdupalais
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Yes, Twitter really is a very exclusive club, they won't let any old Tom, Dick or Harry join.

Point taken re nauseating self-congratulatory back slapping though, even if we did all really deserve it.

Oh dear - one afternoon hob-nobbing on-line with one of the elite Tiresome Twitter Tits and you've come over sardonic.

You've changed.
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    I unfollowed all the Twaliban a while ago because they were becoming dull and predictable.

Today, I have started following the Rat. (Not that he/she likes rats, of course)

So far so good :)
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    The rat is now best buds with Richard moore!! He's not coming back down here with the plebs ;)

I think it was the not doc that did the gooners, not I certainly
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    You lot better make it worth my while following you. I still don't really 'get' Twitter and only use it to get sports results normally!
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 480
    my mistake, must be the dutch connection...

what an accolade!

Richard Moore ‏@richardmoore73
    "@ratsbey you speak a lot of sense. What are you doing on twitter?"
  • Pross wrote:
    You lot better make it worth my while following you. I still don't really 'get' Twitter and only use it to get sports results normally!

+1 to that, I'm following you now (makes me sound like a stalker) and I expect to be entertained and informed.

Did like Stephen Fry's tweet of a cute little puppy dog today :D
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Stuff

Ratty,

While you're sharing digital G+Ts with Vaughters, could you burst his bubble and point out that he wasn't the first to have an embedded journalist. ANC Halfords and Jeff Connor did that back in 1987 - he even ended up driving the team car.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ocdupalais
    There - you see what's happened?
    [searches for tumbleweed gif]

Almost totally quiet...

That was my fear - a flurry of excitement on Twitter and an exodus occurs. I put this down to most on here exhibiting autistic tendencies and being unable to maintain 2 conversations in cyber-parallel at once...

They'll refer to this day as Brown (Nose) Monday or something in the BR office. Moss will start growing on some of the threads, there'll be a damp fusty smell and there'll be lots of poignant slow-mo backwards tracking shots through cobwebs and empty rooms still faintly echoing with a soundtrack of joyous sounds of simple fun being had by the old illuminati before they left for more exciting ventures...
  • jezzasnr
    jezzasnr Posts: 225
    ddraver wrote:

and me... occasional contributor here, frequent nonsense there.
    ....like it's golden
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    The lastest Rouleur has an interview between Kimmage and Herbie Sykes, and its a 100% word for word transcript of their interview so no possibility of journalistic interpretation or slant by Sykes. Jeez, Kimmage just comes across as this mad shouty person, all over the place.
    That almost makes me want to buy Rouleur (it's about £100 a copy, right?). I like Herbie Sykes, he's a good writer even if he is stuck in 1950s Italy.

Didn't he do the Sagan interview in the new procycling?
    Possibly. I haven't read it yet. He definitely wrote the article about an Italian cyclist from the 50s though.

Also does a '60s retro piece. Seems to have written half the magazine on his own.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I'm a big fan of Herbie Sykes, strikes me as somebody i'd like to have a beer with and talk about how cycling used to be.

Only exception being the rather odd Rouleur article he wrote which was mostly about Marmite, very odd.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • OCDuPalais wrote:

Almost totally quiet...

That was my fear - a flurry of excitement on Twitter and an exodus occurs. I put this down to most on here exhibiting autistic tendencies and being unable to maintain 2 conversations in cyber-parallel at once...

They'll refer to this day as Brown (Nose) Monday or something in the BR office. Moss will start growing on some of the threads, there'll be a damp fusty smell and there'll be lots of poignant slow-mo backwards tracking shots through cobwebs and empty rooms still faintly echoing with a soundtrack of joyous sounds of simple fun being had by the old illuminati before they left for more exciting ventures...

Fear not. It was just a BR stampede to fight the good fight against hypocrisy and loons, take p*ss out of that mad Irish coq, and do some Twaliban* tweasing

*TM ratsbeyfus
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Almost totally quiet...

Dont worry, I will return to my usual habits of lurking a lot and posting once in a blue moon. :roll:
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • RichN95 wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Stuff

Ratty,

While you're sharing digital G+Ts with Vaughters, could you burst his bubble and point out that he wasn't the first to have an embedded journalist. ANC Halfords and Jeff Connor did that back in 1987 - he even ended up driving the team car.

I did. Didnt want Ratty's drinks with JV to be spoilt
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,931
    Fear not. It was just a BR stampede to fight the good fight against hypocrisy and loons, take p*ss out of that mad Irish coq, and do some Twaliban* tweasing

It's not like we were running sort of loons here though.
    :wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,931
    Been thinking about this.

If Walsh does have unfettered access to the team it could very quickly from a 'doping' story to a team leadership story.

That could be interesting.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!