Sky and David Walsh

1232425262729»

Comments

• PBo wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    In this regard I'm a big fan of the track programme's use of the secondary placebo effect. I don't recall the precise details but it's something like BC removed the branding from their factory standard wheels and allowed the rumour to spread that they were made from exotic off-planet unobtanium. Laughing at French protests of unfair advantage must have relieved much track centre tension.

They weren't factory standard wheels. BC dodged a bullet on that one.

No, they weren't factory standard, they "were more round!". Brilliant.

More round and non-standard.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    micron wrote:

Lot of talk about Cookson for next head of UCI - not a bad choice but would love to see gaudry succeed as a genuine breath of fresh air - and a woman - too many middle aged men in suits in aigle

It's a rubbish job for anyone. Limited budget, lawyers telling you not to pursue things, public thinking everything is your fault

You need someone who's good at comms first and foremost.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,737
    How on earth is this thread 40odd pages?
  • Hmmm.

So the only thing to be resolved now is who's using Anti Troll as an alter ego?

Hand on heart I can say that I've never posted on here, nor the clinic before - just always been one of those lingering guests! Now I've taken the plunge, I might be a bit more active though. :twisted:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588

Egos at work.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,737
    Hmmm.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Egos without work

Nothing else to talk about. Maybe Cav will swear at someone again.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • How on earth is this thread 40odd pages?

Festina came back and it was all out attack for a while there...
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

Festina came back and it was all out attack for a while there...
    Festina came back and after a while I was all out of tact there.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

You're a mod, use your super mod powers and do something. Like move it to Mumsnet.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Jeez, I go away for the weekend and this si still going on?! Gah!! close it I don't think we can learn anything more form this! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    iainf72 wrote:
    micron wrote:

Lot of talk about Cookson for next head of UCI - not a bad choice but would love to see gaudry succeed as a genuine breath of fresh air - and a woman - too many middle aged men in suits in aigle

It's a rubbish job for anyone. Limited budget, lawyers telling you not to pursue things, public thinking everything is your fault

You need someone who's good at comms first and foremost.

Absolutely - not a job to wish on anyone. Cookson always comes over as being pretty level headed though - just the niggly stuff about BC/Sky crossover and potential conflicts of interest.

Been talking to Conor McGrane, the Irish sports doc who was part of the attempt at CI to deselect Pat McQuaid (now there's a revolutionary council idea if you like) - they only failed on a technicality. Of course this could all be moot when ASO sell the Tour - I notice they've been talking about decoupling testing from the UCI again.

Apologies if there's a better thread to discuss this kind of stuff in? If so, please move my post to the appropriate place.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Egos without work
    That get's a "hat!".
    afx237vi wrote:

You're a mod, use your super mod powers and do something. Like move it to Mumsnet.

To be fair, there's about 15 pages worth of people asking why this theead's gone on so long... Another 20-odd pages of people desperately trying to suggest that there's a smoking gun whilst others have been arguing that they've seen no gun, smoking or not, or evidence of any bullets.... (although they did find a doc, and a few others, who may have had an old gun catalogue in their previous uniforms)...
    So on that basis, we're still owed lots more pages of your actual "content", which I think we've established doesn't exist, so we can't have...