Sky and David Walsh

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/spo ... ea10f8b076

OK, well festina girl is good for RTing some things...(some bloke callaed @RodCosmos that did it)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 480
    Thanks Rich, RR, DD!

I find it difficult to warm to brailsford but you cant argue with their preparation / set up. It would be interesting to see the difference between the sky set up, some traditional belgian teams and then maybe the amercians like BMC. I dont really get the impression that other teams do that level of performance analysis.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    ddraver wrote:
    They re are never going to please some people until they are found to have doped themselves to hell and back....
    Well you should know that extremely well. (as they say "If the cap fits then wear it"

Festinagirl, Some of us know her under a different title on other forums.
    She could have been "Biking Bernie's" sister with her files full of Armstrong bile.
    The pair of them being very knowledgeable regarding the Texan.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • ddraver
    deejay wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    They re are never going to please some people until they are found to have doped themselves to hell and back....
    Well you should know that extremely well. (as they say "If the cap fits then wear it"

Sorry, are you suggesting that I think that? If so it would contradict every single post I ve ever made about Sky, but hey ho...
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    deejay wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Festinagirl, Some of us know her under a different title on other forums.
    She could have been "Biking Bernie's" sister with her files full of Armstrong bile.
    The pair of them being very knowledgeable regarding the Texan.

And Micron on here.

And not as knowledgable as they liked to think
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • plectrum
    plectrum Posts: 225
    edited February 2013
    Perhaps to add and edit a little to Rich's summary:

Walsh: 'Last season when you were winning so much, the team reacted defensively when asked doping-related questions. You didnt seem to want to discuss it. That fuelled suspicion.'

DB: 'We were too defensive...I see that now and we're going to try to change that...... all out fxxing attack, everyone gets 'fired' if they touch the stuff, I've got in place a firing squad , click click BANG.

You want to go to a doctor's bedroom and see what he is carrying with him, you knock on the door. He wont have a problem .... well unless you ask him any questions and then he'll inject you with some classified MI5 sh1t and it'll be bye bye Walshy.

Walsh: The riders?

DB: You speak to who you want, when you want, but try not to p*** them off. They'll tell you nothing bar the scripted Sky line about how wonderful we are; well apart from that mouthy cxnt Wiggo or the disruptive primadonna Froomy. Well at least Cavo the pikey has gone.

Actually go speak to Siutsou since anything difficult he can just pretend no to understand the English dialect, unless you speak Russian Walshy, you journalist pseudo spy.

Walsh: 'Why are you offering this?

DB: Because everyone thinks correctly that we are on space age juice and when Wiggins batters everyone at Giro and then also at the Tour powering past Contador at 6.5kW/h on the 10% double ascent, I want to hang it all on your puny little neck.'
  • She asked me not to mention who she was on this forum. Oh well I suppose it has been a few years.

I looked at her tweets now and again but it seems to me to be about quantity not quality with her. I also worry about people who have that much time in their hands - they should be working or doing something productive.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I find it really odd when people quote other posts but change them. I can't follow what's going on! Plectrum, why not just post it as your 'funny' take on things?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    ddraver wrote:

People want to believe. They want to believe in a clean team and a clean sport, but are scared of having their heart broken again.

OK, that might just be me, but I hope I'm not alone.
  • TMR
    inseine wrote:
    I find it really odd when people quote other posts but change them. I can't follow what's going on! Plectrum, why not just post it as your 'funny' take on things?

That's the way the Internet works.
  • TMR
    She asked me not to mention who she was on this forum. Oh well I suppose it has been a few years.

I looked at her tweets now and again but it seems to me to be about quantity not quality with her. I also worry about people who have that much time in their hands - they should be working or doing something productive.

You should ask her out Frenchie ;)
  • I think my head's just exploded at that thought
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    iainf72 wrote:
    The biggest problem with this is that in the grand scheme of things, Sky and Walsh have the same employers. If Walsh was writing it up about a cycling team and a governing body having a link like that he'd be frothing about the conflict of interest etc etc.

As long as he asks why when the team first started they were anything but transparent and did they think black listing people was a good idea.

I think this is right on the money. As we know there is a Cycling term called "Glass Cranking" and I think Walsh will be doing a little of this in the case of Team Sky. Mr Murdock will nail Walsh's bollocks to the floor as far as investigating the Aussie's 2012 Yellow Jersey. The TDF win was News Corporations only good news story of 2012.
    I will be interested in seeing if anyone goes after Team Sky as they'll have News Corporation on their backs. Could be good! :twisted:

Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • I think my head's just exploded at that thought

Odd
    Contador is the Greatest
  • peteco
    peteco Posts: 184
    While we are on the subject of Twitter, does anyone know who @Digger_forum is ?

He mentions Sky, Wiggo, Dave Brailsford etc a lot, but I have no idea what his credentials, cycling background etc are.

Thanks,

Pete
  • peteco wrote:

He mentions Sky, Wiggo, Dave Brailsford etc a lot, but I have no idea what his credentials, cycling background etc are.

Thanks,

Pete

An abusive, borderline psychopath hiding behind an anonymous account?
  • ddraver
    I ve always assumed so RR... I tried to unfollow him but stupid people keep retweeting him!

The guy is simply a power tool
    - @ddraver
  • peteco
    peteco wrote:

Thanks,

Pete

An abusive, borderline psychopath hiding behind an anonymous account?

Maybe. So far I have followed him out of interest, but unless he comes up with something to back up his tweets, then he joins the list of people I have ended up unfollowing due to lack of real content or "facts".

Pete
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    jerry3571 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    The biggest problem with this is that in the grand scheme of things, Sky and Walsh have the same employers. If Walsh was writing it up about a cycling team and a governing body having a link like that he'd be frothing about the conflict of interest etc etc.

As long as he asks why when the team first started they were anything but transparent and did they think black listing people was a good idea.

I think this is right on the money. As we know there is a Cycling term called "Glass Cranking" and I think Walsh will be doing a little of this in the case of Team Sky. Mr Murdock will nail Walsh's **** to the floor as far as investigating the Aussie's 2012 Yellow Jersey. The TDF win was News Corporations only good news story of 2012.
    I will be interested in seeing if anyone goes after Team Sky as they'll have News Corporation on their backs. Could be good! :twisted:

Jerry
    I don't think you know David Walsh very well. When the Sunday Times refused to back him before (over Armstrong) he just quit (story in SDS). And now, they need him more than he needs them.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    Interesting response from Kimmage. Assuming he's not being sarcastic (not sure what the middle tweet means?), has he realised that a slightly different approach is necessary?

46mins @PaulKimmage: Quote of the century: "Get that fucking thing off you." How could anyone doubt Bradley's commitment to anti-doping. Sorry Brad.

52mins @PaulKimmage: ...Genius!

53mins @PaulKimmage: My father always said 'Credit where it's due.' Congrats to Sir Dave Brailsford and Sir Bradley Wiggins for today's piece in the Sunday Times
  • peteco
    I assumed it was pure sarcasm.

Pete
  • Yeah, I just saw those and I'm assuming he's taking the piss. Kimmage doesn't seem to do himself any favours.

(eta He seems more bitter and assy than ever)
  • ddraver
    nic_77 wrote:
    Interesting response from Kimmage. Assuming he's not being sarcastic (not sure what the middle tweet means?), has he realised that a slightly different approach is necessary?

46mins @PaulKimmage: Quote of the century: "Get that ******* thing off you." How could anyone doubt Bradley's commitment to anti-doping. Sorry Brad.

53mins @PaulKimmage: My father always said 'Credit where it's due.' Congrats to Sir Dave Brailsford and Sir Bradley Wiggins for today's piece in the Sunday Times

I don't think that's sarcasm....

If Kimmage listens to anyone it's Walsh, maybe the Twitter Taliban have lost 2 heroes in the same day - must be Crisis time at Cyclismas!
    - @ddraver
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    nic_77 wrote:
    jerry3571 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

I think this is right on the money. As we know there is a Cycling term called "Glass Cranking" and I think Walsh will be doing a little of this in the case of Team Sky. Mr Murdock will nail Walsh's **** to the floor as far as investigating the Aussie's 2012 Yellow Jersey. The TDF win was News Corporations only good news story of 2012.

Jerry
    I don't think you know David Walsh very well. When the Sunday Times refused to back him before (over Armstrong) he just quit (story in SDS). And now, they need him more than he needs them.

Hmmm... interesting??

It's taken a huge court case to try and suss out News Corporation and it was all as straight forward as that? Blimey, what a waste of Tax Payers money!
    I don't think Walsh would be on the payroll unless Murdock had him by the balls.

This cartoon below kind of represents this issue in the form of Art! :wink:

442039-Cartoon-Man-On-A-Tree-Limb-Sawing-It-Off-Poster-Art-Print.jpg
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • ddraver
    Oh jerry have you been over-thinking stuff again....?
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    nic_77 wrote:

46mins @PaulKimmage: Quote of the century: "Get that ******* thing off you." How could anyone doubt Bradley's commitment to anti-doping. Sorry Brad.

If Kimmage listens to anyone it's Walsh, maybe the Twitter Taliban have lost 2 heroes in the same day - must be Crisis time at Cyclismas!

No, that's Kimmage being a bitter ar^s.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    ddraver wrote:

Is this sarcasm?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    Cycleboredom ‏@Cycleboredom
    However, I find throwing David under the bus mere weeks after heralding him to be hilarious. <PERILOUSLY FINE LINE OF TOLERANCE>

Not Pat McQuaid ‏@UCI_Overlord
    @Cycleboredom zero to hero then hero to zero in mere moments... It's quite the spectacle.

***Warning*** ***Warning*** Total Self-Awareness Fail!!
    - @ddraver
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    So, just went and saw what the clinic are saying about this...jeez! One poster suggested that they'd take a year off the dope whilst they had Walsh there, then ramp it up in 2014 and start winning again!!!

On the upside, JV still seems to be posting in there, and does seem to have som worthwhile things to say.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited February 2013
    So in line with the Clinic's fevered imaginings, either Dave B will be underspending his budget this year and can blow it all on a mahoosive team party in Oct - WAH HOO!

Or...they'll stockpile all the naughties and then win EVERY SINGLE RACE next year when Walsh isnt around. Brilliant. Hell, they'll have so much left over they'll have to bring Aarvesen and Ljungqvist out of retirement to race. And maybe TeamSkyChef will be up for a crit or two.

Can someone pop over to the Clinic and post this as known fact?