• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Go Ratboi, it's your bithday
    etc
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Anyone getting the feeling that Kimmage and Walsh have fallen out?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    mr_poll wrote:
    If you are on Twitter Osama Bin Kimmage has been tweeting and the Twitter Taliban are lapping (retweeting) it up.

He makes one interesting point Palfreeman (BC team doc) only being with Sky for a few months after being hailed as a reason to believe Sky were doing it clean which I hadnt heard before - any forumites know a back story on this? 140 characters doesn't really do it justice. But apart from that it turns into a usual rant-fest.
    He left British Cycling to go into private practice (Claremont Sports) - loadsamoney.
    It's a sinister 'man leaves job for better job' story.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    ddraver wrote:
    etc

I feel like I've run into the street with my pants for a 'laugh' down only to discover that I'm now locked out. Does anyone know how I can turn @festinagirl off?

This is not the way to spend a sickday... :(

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    etc

I feel like I've run into the street with my pants for a 'laugh' down only to discover that I'm now locked out. Does anyone know how I can turn @festinagirl off?

This is not the way to spend a sickday... :(

Oh noes, Rats! Are you being persecuted?
  • ratsbeyfus
    Twaliban are giving me a semantic waterboarding.

@ratsbey
  • They just cant handle the truth

As Rich said, its Armstrong in reverse...
  • ratsbeyfus
    Anyone getting the feeling that Kimmage and Walsh have fallen out?

They're sharing a stage together on Walsh's victory tour. Perhaps it's a ploy by the promoter:
    don-king-02.jpg

@ratsbey
  • ddraver
    Twaliban is beautiful!
    - @ddraver
  • Twaliban is indeed a winner

Rats, are you sure they're sharing a stage on Walsh's victory tour, rather than Kimmage being a DNF on Stage 10 but still wanting to wrestle the maillot jaune off Walsh on the Champs?
  • ratsbeyfus
    ddraver wrote:
    Twaliban is beautiful!

That's what started the whole sh!tstorm:
    @ratsbey what a silly misuse of the word Taliban - as a woman I find it particularly offensive

I wanted to tweet something clever back about the use of the citizen-smith-che-guevara icon, but didn't have the brains. Also got fear that 8billion feminists were gonna start hunting me down.

Thanks for the covering fire rodentddraver! *licks wounds*

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Twaliban is beautiful!

That's what started the whole sh!tstorm:
    @ratsbey what a silly misuse of the word Taliban - as a woman I find it particularly offensive

I wanted to tweet something clever back about the use of the citizen-smith-che-guevara icon, but didn't have the brains. Also got fear that 8billion feminists were gonna start hunting me down.

Thanks for the covering fire rodentddraver! *licks wounds*

Ahhh the victim card
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Impressive swinging into action of one forumite looking after another one's back there, chaps
  • ratsbeyfus
    Rats, are you sure they're sharing a stage on Walsh's victory tour, rather than Kimmage being a DNF on Stage 10 but still wanting to wrestle the maillot jaune off Walsh on the Champs?

Here's a linky for tickets:

http://limetreetheatre.ticketsolve.com/mobile/shows/873490827/events

We could organise a forum trip... hands up whose in favour...

OneFlewOvertheCuckoosNest-Still1.jpg?partner=allmovie_soap

@ratsbey
  • ddraver
    Impressive swinging into action of one forumite looking after another one's back there, chaps

It's a rodent thing....
    - @ddraver
  • ratsbeyfus wrote:

Here's a linky for tickets:

http://limetreetheatre.ticketsolve.com/mobile/shows/873490827/events

We could organise a forum trip... hands up whose in favour...

OneFlewOvertheCuckoosNest-Still1.jpg?partner=allmovie_soap

Yay! I'll shout the bar bill for this
  • Has anybody thought that News International might want to make sure their Sky investment was going to get some value for money and that drugs would be about the worst thing that could happen to it post hacking. NI might be very pleased to have David Walsh all over it and reporting (to them) if anything was untoward. It strikes me as a very good audit check on a lot of spend. If there is any truth in my theory, then Sky remaining in the sport means its clean. Leaving the sport means its dirty.
    Over 50mph on Malaucene descent
  • ratsbeyfus
    Has anybody thought that News International might want to make sure their Sky investment was going to get some value for money and that drugs would be about the worst thing that could happen to it post hacking. NI might be very pleased to have David Walsh all over it and reporting (to them) if anything was untoward. It strikes me as a very good audit check on a lot of spend. If there is any truth in my theory, then Sky remaining in the sport means its clean. Leaving the sport means its dirty.

But sponsors always leave after a while... what if SKY (the company) feel like they've just got enough return on their investment? What if Young boy Murdoch goes off cycling as a hobby and gets into Hornby?

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Has anybody thought that News International might want to make sure their Sky investment was going to get some value for money and that drugs would be about the worst thing that could happen to it post hacking. NI might be very pleased to have David Walsh all over it and reporting (to them) if anything was untoward. It strikes me as a very good audit check on a lot of spend. If there is any truth in my theory, then Sky remaining in the sport means its clean. Leaving the sport means its dirty.

But sponsors always leave after a while... what if SKY (the company) feel like they've just got enough return on their investment? What if Young boy Murdoch goes off cycling as a hobby and gets into Hornby?

What? Nick Hornby? Cant see that happening...
  • I still think NI would want to know if Sky money was being used to fund a team which is cheating.
    Over 50mph on Malaucene descent
  • Best twitter(erer) ever -

rats ‏@ratsbey

@inrng @franmillar None of this would've happened if you'd just let Mr Kimmage sit in the drivers seat and toot the horn of the death star.

Class !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • oh that's done it, I'm piling in now...
  • have to say Rats is on TOP form:

rats@ratsbey

@festinagirl @DrHeadgear Can I get embedded with CCN? I'll only ask off the record questions and bring my own biscuits

:):)
  • Has anybody thought that News International might want to make sure their Sky investment was going to get some value for money and that drugs would be about the worst thing that could happen to it post hacking. NI might be very pleased to have David Walsh all over it and reporting (to them) if anything was untoward. It strikes me as a very good audit check on a lot of spend. If there is any truth in my theory, then Sky remaining in the sport means its clean. Leaving the sport means its dirty.

My thoughts exactly. I think Murdoch would pull the plug on Sky Procycling without a second thought if Walsh turned up evidence of team-level doping. And if he did try to cover it up, Walsh would surely quit and publish elsewhere - Sky Procycling doping is just a sports story, Sky Procycling doping and Murdoch hushing it up would be front page.
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • ratsbeyfus

My thoughts exactly. I think Murdoch would pull the plug on Sky Procycling without a second thought if Walsh turned up evidence of team-level doping. And if he did try to cover it up, Walsh would surely quit and publish elsewhere - Sky Procycling doping is just a sports story, Sky Procycling doping and Murdoch hushing it up would be front page.

I agree that Murdoch would be nuts to stick with SKY if he uncovered doping, but disagree with the bold bit. Sponsers leave for plenty of reasons.

OK, I'm off back to twatter #secondtourofduty

@ratsbey
  • Worth noting that News International also employ Jeremy Whittle, author of Bad Blood, and who's recently gone on record as saying that he will never trust a word a rider says again. He writes some of the punchiest stuff of all British journos, including on Team Sky, published in the Times. He's certainly no Brendan Gallagher, put it like that.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Am I the only one who thinks that Team Sky don't really register at all in the day to day life of Rupert Murdoch?
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Jez mon wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks that Team Sky don't really register at all in the day to day life of Rupert Murdoch?

Nope. Considering that its 0.0000000000000001% of his outgoings...

Child number 4 loves instead. As does Darroch, Sky's CEO.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545

And if you're Brailsford, being in possession of unexploded skeletons reeks of carelessness in the post-hacking environment. Hence the zero-tolerance PR gymnastics and inevitable dodgy dismounts. Sky ProCycling had no choice.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    You made my join Twitter.

Well it is a cult :wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!