Sky and David Walsh

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,384
    ddraver wrote:
    I don't think that's sarcasm....

Is this sarcasm?

No...I would nt ever pretend to be able to predict how his mind works though...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ,Well, Richie Porte clearly thinks the same as you, ddraver, chap - he's just retweeted Kimmage's 'congrats' tweet

Its just the rest of us who have dark minds
  • ddraver wrote:
    nic_77 wrote:
    Interesting response from Kimmage. Assuming he's not being sarcastic (not sure what the middle tweet means?), has he realised that a slightly different approach is necessary?

46mins @PaulKimmage: Quote of the century: "Get that ******* thing off you." How could anyone doubt Bradley's commitment to anti-doping. Sorry Brad.

52mins @PaulKimmage: ...Genius!

53mins @PaulKimmage: My father always said 'Credit where it's due.' Congrats to Sir Dave Brailsford and Sir Bradley Wiggins for today's piece in the Sunday Times

I don't think that's sarcasm....

If Kimmage listens to anyone it's Walsh, maybe the Twitter Taliban have lost 2 heroes in the same day - must be Crisis time at Cyclismas!

No, that's Kimmage being a bitter ar^s.

This. I pity the bloke.
  • So in line with the Clinic's fevered imaginings, either Dave B will be underspending his budget this year and can blow it all on a mahoosive team party in Oct - WAH HOO!

Or...they'll stockpile all the naughties and then win EVERY SINGLE RACE next year when Walsh isnt around. Brilliant. Hell, they'll have so much left over they'll have to bring Aarvesen and Ljungqvist out of retirement to race. And maybe TeamSkyChef will be up for a crit or two.

Can someone pop over to the Clinic and post this as known fact?
    There is also a Dutch bloke over there who claims to 'have watched enough cycling to know a doper when he sees one', to which someone replied, 'forget all the controls and biological passport, we can just hire your expertise'! There were a few more voices of reason than I've seen before, however, as a whole still mad as a box of frogs.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    ddraver wrote:
    Oh jerry have you been over-thinking stuff again....?[/quote]

over-thinking
    again! Yeah, where would the human race without thinking, ey!

I guess we can get back to a bit of good old fashioned Omerta, if that's the case!

You know, you are such a Monkey Ddraver; can't decide which though? :wink:

See_no_Evil_Hear_no_Evil_Speak_no_Evil_1.jpg

Jerry

PS- Nice bit of reading in this month's Procycling about Adriano Rodoni in the 1950's, worth a look mate. Education, Education , Education! :lol: Apologies if it makes you think. :wink:
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • ddraver
    Oh yeah, the conspiracy theorists first defensive play (affect appropriate hippy accent) ''Man, we re all controlled by the gov'ment man, they don't want the people to know the truth man, we re all controlled by the corporations and the new world order man. What happened at Roswell man....what happened! YOu just need to opeN your eyes man, open your eyes! THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!!!"

TinFoilHat.jpg
    - @ddraver
  • I would like to take this opportunity to state that my view of Kimmage has changed. He is a c0ck. Thanks.
  • I would like to take this opportunity to state that my view of Kimmage has changed. He is a c0ck. Thanks.
    Just finished reading his interview in Rouleur and I have to say coq of the highest order.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    ddraver wrote:
    Oh yeah, the conspiracy theorists first defensive play (affect appropriate hippy accent) ''Man, we re all controlled by the gov'ment man, they don't want the people to know the truth man, we re all controlled by the corporations and the new world order man. What happened at Roswell man....what happened! YOu just need to opeN your eyes man, open your eyes! THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!!!"

TinFoilHat.jpg

Me and iainf72 are so out there man! Anyhow, who made you the arbiter of what is Bull or not?

If you can't see that Walsh would be compromised because the connection between Team Sky, Murdock and The Times then you're a (choose your word; probably a four letter word).

A while ago, I had a relation who got the sack for slagging off his Employer on Facebook so Walsh starting up an investigation in to slating Team Sky is never going to happen; 100% sure of that. I can't imagine that Murdock would not have it wrapped it. Murdock, who's forced the hand of world Leaders for 30 years will have Walsh sorted out.
    Walsh chasing LA might have been beneficial for News International as Discovery Channel is a rival tv channel so The Times would have no worries in Walsh perusing LA as it discredits a Commercial Rival; News Corp may have come up with a plan themselves. Anyhow, if Walsh wanted to be a hero, once again, he could work for a rival Newspaper.

This is a theory, yes, it may be true or not but Ddraver; you simply don't know. You don't even know how the UCI points rankings work so you're not any better than the rest of us.

Also, I'll say what I like and if you come back with a good counter then fair enough but if you just say it's Bull then that says you just DON'T KNOW!!

Jerry

PS- Try reading the article I said about in Procycling as I learned something from it. Maybe you can too.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • ddraver
    Oh you are fun Jerry....
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,928
    jerry3571 wrote:
    If you can't see that Walsh Could be compromised because the connection between Team Sky, Murdock and The Times then you're a (choose your word; probably a four letter word).

one letter. big difference.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,192
    jerry3571 wrote:
    A while ago, I had a relation who got the sack for slagging off his Employer on Facebook so Walsh starting up an investigation in to slating Team Sky is never going to happen; 100% sure of that. I can't imagine that Murdock would not have it wrapped it. Murdock, who's forced the hand of world Leaders for 30 years will have Walsh sorted out.
    Walsh chasing LA might have been beneficial for News International as Discovery Channel is a rival tv channel so The Times would have no worries in Walsh perusing LA as it discredits a Commercial Rival; News Corp may have come up with a plan themselves. Anyhow, if Walsh wanted to be a hero, once again, he could work for a rival Newspaper.

This is a theory, yes, it may be true or not but Ddraver; you simply don't know. You don't even know how the UCI points rankings work so you're not any better than the rest of us.

I'm confused; are you 100% sure, or is it a theory that may or may not be true? :roll:
  • ddraver
    Conspiracy theorist defensive Play 2 - shout random buzz words, even moreso when they re statistics, loudly to make it sounds like you ve put actual reasonable thought into the subject. No matter if you contradict yourself in the next sentence, just shout them out

Conspiracy theorist defensive Play 3 - Spout load of rubbish insulting the questioner and not dealing with the facts at all
    - @ddraver
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    jerry3571 wrote:
    If you can't see that Walsh Could be compromised because the connection between Team Sky, Murdock and The Times then you're a (choose your word; probably a four letter word).

one letter. big difference.

Quite - one would hope that, as probably the foremost anti-doping investigative journalist, his professional reputation (on which his income depends) would be quite important to him. Automatically assuming he is playing to Murdochs tune is just paranoia or indicative of an ulterior motive.

On a separate note there seems to be a rising phenomenon of ex LA supporters who have switched from proclaiming his innocence to trying to smear every other pro cyclist (Not directed at you Jerry btw). I for one think doping is probably still fairly rife - but less organised. As for Sky - it would have to be a conspiracy of epic proportions, far in excess of anything seen in the past, if they had a programme of doping . The level of scrutiny they are under is huge.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,928
    Kimmage can't be embedded with the Sky team anyway.

Zero tolerance on dopers you see.

*walks away whistling.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    :D:D
    - @ddraver
  • Kimmage can't be embedded with the Sky team anyway.

*walks away whistling.

Gentlemen, we have a winning post...

Quality
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Kimmage can't be embedded with the Sky team anyway.

*walks away whistling.

Hehehehehe... :D
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • Kimmage can't be embedded with the Sky team anyway.

*walks away whistling.

This thread is now closed.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,542
    RichN95 wrote:
    The lastest Rouleur has an interview between Kimmage and Herbie Sykes, and its a 100% word for word transcript of their interview so no possibility of journalistic interpretation or slant by Sykes. Jeez, Kimmage just comes across as this mad shouty person, all over the place.
    That almost makes me want to buy Rouleur (it's about £100 a copy, right?). I like Herbie Sykes, he's a good writer even if he is stuck in 1950s Italy.

Didn't he do the Sagan interview in the new procycling?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    RichN95 wrote:
    The lastest Rouleur has an interview between Kimmage and Herbie Sykes, and its a 100% word for word transcript of their interview so no possibility of journalistic interpretation or slant by Sykes. Jeez, Kimmage just comes across as this mad shouty person, all over the place.
    That almost makes me want to buy Rouleur (it's about £100 a copy, right?). I like Herbie Sykes, he's a good writer even if he is stuck in 1950s Italy.

Didn't he do the Sagan interview in the new procycling?
    Possibly. I haven't read it yet. He definitely wrote the article about an Italian cyclist from the 50s though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    So in line with the Clinic's fevered imaginings, either Dave B will be underspending his budget this year and can blow it all on a mahoosive team party in Oct - WAH HOO!

Or...they'll stockpile all the naughties and then win EVERY SINGLE RACE next year when Walsh isnt around. Brilliant. Hell, they'll have so much left over they'll have to bring Aarvesen and Ljungqvist out of retirement to race. And maybe TeamSkyChef will be up for a crit or two.

The big problem for Sky will be if they have a bad year this year when Walsh is embedded with them and then a good year again next year - can you imagine the reactions then! :shock:
  • Pross wrote:
    So in line with the Clinic's fevered imaginings, either Dave B will be underspending his budget this year and can blow it all on a mahoosive team party in Oct - WAH HOO!

The big problem for Sky will be if they have a bad year this year when Walsh is embedded with them and then a good year again next year - can you imagine the reactions then! :shock:

I know. Brailsford's taking a gamble on this thing with Walsh but have to applaud it.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Good year, bad year, embedded journalist or not, however they perform some will parade it as proof of doping. Good year? Cover up! Bad year? Hiding it until Walsh goes! The bad-mouthing of Walsh has already started and all he's written thus far is a long lede of a column.

For most sensible thinking people having a renowned anti-doping journalist the freedom to go with the team whenever and wherever he wants, is a good thing. Whether he actually gets that sort of access is the interesting thing.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I thought Kimmage was being genuine... but he's on his soapbox again on Twitter at the moment, complaining about how SKY tlimited his 'access all areas' credentials in 2010.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ddraver
    Someone with more balls tweet TWH's post to him.....
    - @ddraver
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    'tis done.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ddraver
    Well played sir!
    - @ddraver
  • Yep, dont disagree. There seems to be such a desire amongst some people for Sky to be doping, that transcends all rationality. It goes beyond questioning and way into an absolute determination that they are doping. Part of it I put down to some desperate need to redirect the 'Bring down Lance' emotion.

The way that some of them have now turned on Walsh is astounding. I guess this just highlights some weird warped thinking and behaviours. Though Kimmage also seems to be losing some other people who were giving him airtime, thanks to a combo of his mad-as-a-box-of-frogs Rouleur interview, more pathetic tweets last night (and apparently today) and his failure to produce anything to back up his claims that Sky are up to something.

He's now moved into resentment that his best buddy has got the invite to the party.

So he spent the 08 Tour with Garmin. Just the Tour - he didnt have access all areas, come and go as you like, to their training camps, or anything else - only the Tour. And yet despite spending those weeks with him, in the Rouleur interview, he says re Wiggins, Evans AND Hesjesdal "I dont know about any of them"
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    If you are on Twitter Osama Bin Kimmage has been tweeting and the Twitter Taliban are lapping (retweeting) it up.

He makes one interesting point Palfreeman (BC team doc) only being with Sky for a few months after being hailed as a reason to believe Sky were doing it clean which I hadnt heard before - any forumites know a back story on this? 140 characters doesn't really do it justice. But apart from that it turns into a usual rant-fest.