Chicken sings

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    DELETED
  • is there any team with more past dopers in their set up ie. riders or staff than Garmin, they are looked upon as being a 'clean team' but whats to say they are not the masters on reverse psychology. Claim to be all anti doping, go to all the meeting but continuing to hire past dopers when there is lots of clean talent never even making it pro because of what these guys have done in the past.

Most past dopers OR most riders/staff who've either been sanctioned or admitted?

Two very different things
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Deleted.
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Does anyone really believe that was the last time he doped?
    ddraver ...Sky hiring Dr Leinders is not a tiny mistake IMO.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    rayjay wrote:
    Does anyone really believe that was the last time he doped?
    ddraver ...Sky hiring Dr Leinders is not a tiny mistake IMO.

I don't know but I do believe he has very likely been clean while he's been on Garmn

Hiring Leinders is a small mistake. The way they dealt with it was far worse.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    I still believe that Sky hired Leinders not to dope but to learn more about doping.

From The Art of War:

"So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
    If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
    If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself."

A very sensible tactical move, if politically unwise.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    I don't know but I do believe he has very likely been clean while he's been on Garmn

How many riders have failed dope tests whilst riding for Garmin?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Nicspiracy has a good one that fits the evil mad genius persona perfectly. But it would have totally trashed their 'no-dopers' policy. I think Brailsford was acutely aware of giving News International another ball-ache, hence the bizarre public naming and shaming. Not fessing to a hiring mistake was the problem here.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • is there any team with more past dopers in their set up ie. riders or staff than Garmin, they are looked upon as being a 'clean team' but whats to say they are not the masters on reverse psychology. Claim to be all anti doping, go to all the meeting but continuing to hire past dopers when there is lots of clean talent never even making it pro because of what these guys have done in the past.

Isn't that the whole raison d'etre of the team though? To allow dopers who don't want to dope the opportunity to ride clean as long as they confess to themselves, their colleagues and team management. Not surprising a team set up ostensibly to rehabilitate those who had doped but wanted to see a cleaner cycling would have a lot of ex-dopers.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • nic_77 wrote:
    I still believe that Sky hired Leinders not to dope but to learn more about doping.

From The Art of War:

"So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
    If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
    If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself."

A very sensible tactical move, if politically unwise.

Ah, that's on my first slide when I teach my class on counterinsurgency.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Zero credibility for JV/Slipstream left ... Happy to hire dopers on the cheap and hope no-one catches on ... Which is fine, but as he's chief majorette twirling his baton in front of those beating the drum ... it's time for him to move on ...

As much smoke and mirrors as Tailwind in the end ...

Hang on.

Has anything been released here which isn't entirely in keeping with Garmin publicly stated position.

Whatever you done in the past, we're racing clean now and if the appropriate authorities come calling you answer all their questions about your past truthfully....

Or am I misunderstanding/misrepresenting their position?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Or am I misunderstanding/misrepresenting their position?

Seems about right to me.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Seems about right to me.

That's exactly right. And if people don't understand that by now, then there really is not much hope
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:

Seems about right to me.

That's exactly right. And if people don't understand that by now, then there really is not much hope

I've just poured myself more wine.
  • FocusZing
    Deleted.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    FocusZing wrote:
    Deleted.

Are you deleting your own posts or being modded?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing wrote:
    Deleted.

Are you deleting your own posts or being modded?

Yes deleting my own posts. I read back what I have written sometimes realise it's pointless or crass so moderate it.

I will make more of an effort to do this before clicking "Submit":-)
  • FocusZing
    Double post, not the best of timing, ha.
  • ddraver wrote:
    JV has just tweeted Michel Conde with what he tweeted RR and I this morning and twitter has exploded

How does it feel to have scooped the whole cycling Press RR? High Five Girlfriend!

request-five.gif

Well done RR! It if wasn't for the fact that you actually know what you are talking about you could be the next UCI Overlord!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Oi!!!!! RR and ????

I'm the Leslie to her overlord, the Kimmage to her Walsh, the Ned to her Boardman
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Talking of Overlord and Lesli, here is a public warning:

the Cyclismas lot are starting up a new fund

They truly epitomise the word 'shameless'
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    ddraver wrote:
    Oi!!!!! RR and ????

I'm the Leslie to her overlord, the Kimmage to her Walsh, the Ned to her Boardman

... The froth to her cappuccino, the Ernie to her Eric, the Ernie to her Burt, the Penfold to her Dangermouse, the Baldrick to her Blackadder...

I like this game...
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Wooster to her Jeeves
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Back to the subject of the reaction to Hejdesal...this is worth a read

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/ph ... ern-omerta

as is the Canadian Cyclist editorial quoted in that blog
    http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynew ... -are-sorry

as is the other blog quoted, De Renner
    http://www.derenner.com/statute-of-limi ... ign=Buffer

As for the reference to O'Grady...dont worry, folks, he's bringing out a book apparently
  • Macaloon wrote:
    Wooster to her Jeeves

Like this one
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Talking of Overlord and Lesli, here is a public warning:

the Cyclismas lot are starting up a new fund

They truly epitomise the word 'shameless'

Perhaps they're taking an inverse approach to the previous: the 'Cyclimas Lining Pockets and Christmas Drinks Fund' is being set up with the aim of eventually finding its way into the bank accounts of worthy, beleaguered and unemployed journalists...
  • iainf72 wrote:

Anyone?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Do we really still use dope tests as an argument for like.. anything?
  • iainf72 wrote:

Anyone?

Quite literally one or two less than USPS/Disco ...

edit: Forgot, it'd all be post 2007 so nothing to see anywhere (except in a lonely ranch in Texas) according to USADA ...
  • ThomThom wrote:
    Do we really still use dope tests as an argument for like.. anything?

What am I trying to argue? I'm just asking a question. :roll: