Chicken sings

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Whats kinda interesting is that all of the main cycling websites are sitting on this story as of now. Considering the usual rush to cut-paste-or-click-through, none of CN, Velonation or Velonews have published any references to the 'revelations' this morning, so far. Thats a good 4 hours+ to be sitting on this if you're all about traffic and click-throughs (which they are)
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    'Frank Høj' translates as 'Frank High'...

With Bjarne "Mr 60%" Riis, wouldn't it have made things so much easier if the clue was in their name all along.

Ryder "TDi" Hesjedal, or something...
  • frenchfighter
    Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 7h
    Crazy... Rasmussen: "When you take too much cortisone the body may keep too much liquid. Eyes close a bit. Rabo called it 'to be Chinesed'
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Its never ending is it?

Ryder would be a key one to fall. In my eyes he is up there with some of the other assumed cleanies.

Ryder would be a key one to fall. In my eyes he is up there with some of the other assumed cleanies.

As in clean always or clean now?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Its never ending is it?

I'd assumed he was clean always. Willing to accept that he won the Giro clean, but causes a raised eyebrow...
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    If Ryder is doping then he is only doing what he thinks he needs to do to compete. IMO a lot of doping is still going on. When you look at performances and times I don't see much that has changed. You can look at all the data you want and make as many anti doping sound bites as you want to keep the media off your case and make a few fans believe the sport has cleaned up, but riders are still doping because they know other riders/teams are doping.
    IMO
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    'Zero tolerance' currently giving 'carry-on confessing' a serious kicking. Both still streets ahead of MPCC rule pick'n'mix.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Macaloon wrote:
    'Zero tolerance' currently giving 'carry-on confessing' a serious kicking. Both still streets ahead of MPCC rule pick'n'mix.

:lol:
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited October 2013
    dish_dash wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

:lol:

Maca, we need to set up a runs scoreboard

Talking of pic n mix, li'l Pete's just had a pop on Twitter at Astana hiring Pellizotti...

EDIT:

....when (apparently) clean riders cant get a contract

Fans cry out for riders to speak out against doping etc, but no doubt some smartar^£s will have a pop at him for doing so

ADDENDUM: ^and I was right
  • frenchfighter
    Peter has a long way to come yet.

pelli_zps2044f79e.jpg?t=1383051036
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    scarface-coke.jpg
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    BTW - I can now hate his stupid white 'aviators' even more. Hesjedal that is.
  • frenchfighter
    ThomThom wrote:

I wonder how long the sponsorship will last...
    http://news.pocsports.com/2013/07/03/po ... -the-team/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    http://news.pocsports.com/2013/07/03/po ... -the-team/[/quote]

"The first stage of Tour de France 2013 on Corsica did not only mark the start of the 100th Tour de France, it also represented the start of an exiting collaboration between Ryder Hesjedal, the 2012 Giro D’Italia champion and POC."

At first I thought it was a typo and they meant exciting opportunity - but maybe not.
  • frenchfighter
    Lol, good catch.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    ThomThom wrote:

http://news.pocsports.com/2013/07/03/po ... -the-team/

Or when they tell him that he is using their glasses 2-3 sizes too big..

I thought always. Naively.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    From JV we have...

@Vaughters: Waiting on a few more sign offs on statement,but needless to say @ryder_hesjedal was 100% truthful,under oath,w CCES+USADA a v long time ago
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    VeloNews ‏@velonews 39s
    Ryder Hesjedal on EPO allegations: "I have loved and lived this sport but more than a decade ago, I chose the wrong path."
  • frenchfighter
    Fair enough but another example of a rider that would take his secret to the grave unless someone puts him to the wall. I bet Purito is happy at having this Canadian take a GT off him in a momentary example of fine form not seen much of before or after.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    edited October 2013
    I bet Purito is happy at having this Canadian take a GT off him...

Probably just as happy to see "some" Spaniards take the Vuelta off him later that year! :roll:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,452
    Fair enough but another example of a rider that would take his secret to the grave unless someone puts him to the wall. I bet Purito is happy at having this Canadian take a GT off him in a momentary example of fine form not seen much of before or after.

He's always been a bit mealy mouthed whenever he's been beaten by a known doper, so I doubt he'll come out with anything different this time.
  • r0bh wrote:
    VeloNews ‏@velonews 39s
    Ryder Hesjedal on EPO allegations: "I have loved and lived this sport but more than a decade ago, I chose the wrong path."

So why wasn't he banned? Do a deal for info or is there some statute of limitations here?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    is there some statute of limitations here?
    Yes. Eight years.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 16m
    The Rider Hesjedal says he discovered the music of ELO in a Danish friend's basement 10 years ago?! Cycling needs more characters like him!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    ok he's assumed to be clean now but what help has the years of doping already given him ? This needs to be taken into account too
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Twitter update

JV was up late last night and RR and I were having a chat

Turns out USADA did not allow Garmin to release what RH had said to them, and JV/Garmin knew about RH's "past indiscretions" long before he signed for Garmin. i.e. he is a perfect example of the Garmin style T&R style

Now whether you believe him or not...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver