Chicken sings

Comments

• A lot of people get so worked up about all things doping when they werent even watching the doped riders when they were doped.

Those that did watch the doped riders and watched through that era tend to be more reasonable.

Thats telling to me.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Googlefight decides which Ryder did most drugs:

ihae.png
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Let's assume Ryder's doping was all in an era where the statute of limitations is in effect.

Should he have lied so he could've copped a ban as some kind of moral exercise?

YES!! He F**king should have done - but yes I also know that's totally unrealistic...

So you're not concerned with the truth, but more about exercising some kind of punishment?

(I'm not saying that's wrong)

I'm saying there is a difference.between.being open and only.being open when it suits....

Being open means everyone.gets to know your dirty secrets whether you want them to.or not. Eg digger forum.tweeting Fran Millar asking utterly inane questions
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ddraver wrote:
    I'm saying there is a difference.between.being open and only.being open when it suits....

But that would unfairly restrict Garmin's recruitment of riders to those willing to auto-trash their reputations. Unless there is a sport-wide amnesty window, Ryder's storm was inevitable if he ever won owt. Meanwhile other teams happily recruit Scarpers etc.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Amazing how a team like Argos Shimano manages to be so successful with a team comprised for the most part of a younger generation of riders, isn't it
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    A lot of people get so worked up about all things doping when they werent even watching the doped riders when they were doped.

Those that did watch the doped riders and watched through that era tend to be more reasonable.

Thats telling to me.

What does it tell you?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    One thing's for sure, people seem less interested in all this Ryder stuff than they recently were in armchair speculation about Horner.
  • Vaughters has tweeted

"...2003 and 2004 is what Ryder said in affidavit."

So, doped for the Olympics, joins USPS and stops doping. Paging Johan...
  • Vaughters has tweeted

Perhaps Lance can enlighten us?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • tailwindhome
    mfin wrote:
    One thing's for sure, people seem less interested in all this Ryder stuff than they recently were in armchair speculation about Horner.

Different situation.

Also Ryder isn't a rider to stir up any passion in the fans.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Vaughters has tweeted

Yeah, it doesn't really add up.
  • tailwindhome
    Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 6h
    @innerwank @velonews If something happened that isn't in his testimony to usada,he'll be fired and suspended for life. Simple.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    @innerwank @velonews If something happened that isn't in his testimony to usada,he'll be fired and suspended for life. Simple.
    'Suspended for life'. That's a bit melodramatic isn't it?

And as for transparency etc - why should any professional outfit have to be accountable to someone who calls themselves 'innerwank'?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Amazing how a team like Argos Shimano manages to be so successful with a team comprised for the most part of a younger generation of riders, isn't it
    For me, this is one of the really positive sides to the sport that isn't being highlighted as much as it should.

This will only get bigger in next few years as the bio passport continues to reduce the amount you can gain from PED use, meaning more success for teams with a fresher focus on other upsides.

And older riders who maybe relied on PEDs will be even less strong than they are now - we all know a few TdF contenders who have looked far less strong in last couple of years.

I just wish the sport would find a way to get more quickly through this period of confessions & outings, it really is death by a 1000 cuts
  • ddraver
    RichN95 wrote:
    'Suspended for life'. That's a bit melodramatic isn't it?

And as for transparency etc - why should any professional outfit have to be accountable to someone who calls themselves 'innerwank'?

Suspended for life by Garmin I assume...
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    Being interview on Danish TV now apparently

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 58s
    Michael Rasmussen writes that 100 % of Rabobank's Tour de France roster in the Tour de France 2007 was doped (Flecha, Freire...)

Dave (Dim) ‏@dimspace 1m
    The Rabobank 2007 Tour Squad. Menchov, Boogerd, De Groot, Dekker, Flecha, Freire, Niermann, Rasmussen, Weening

Dave (Dim) ‏@dimspace 29s
    Rasmussen says not all recieved the same products, but says that ALL received some sort of doping from the team.
  • thomthom
    There you have it..

Flecha and and Freire would have seen this coming, eh..
  • tailwindhome
    ThomThom wrote:
    There you have it..

Flecha and and Freire would have seen this coming, eh..

I would assume so did Rabobank (the sponsors)
  • ddraver
    So the cynics were bang on with Mr Flecha leaving Sky then...
    - @ddraver
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I don't think many doubted Flecha had doped. Freire I assumed did too, but some people seem surprised - or disappointed at least.
  • I am surprised by both of them.

Ras not holding back.

I am sure he would know about doping and Contador if it existed but have not heard a peek from him or anyone else on that front. Fyi Cadel evans was 2nd in TDF 07 by 23 secs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    I am sure he would know about doping and Contador if it existed but have not heard a peek.

Was he on a team with Contador at any stage?
  • Ras' dad said he had no moral problems in giving his son blood for transfusions (not that it happened).

Weening at Orica now.

Bad business for Rabo to have him removed whilst in Kom jersey in 05 so they made a deal. Handshake between team dr and UCI.

100% sure Nikki doped.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde
    Michael Rasmussen: "I doesn't help to shorten the stages or skip some climbs. Doesn't help to shorten a 100m race to 60m either..."

Rasmussen explains he had already pushed everything else (training, diet, living) to the limit. Doping was just the last thing he had to do.

Rasmussen: "When I lied, people criticized me. When riders admit, people criticize them for not telling everything. Now I tell everything".
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    Bad business for Rabo to have him removed whilst in Kom jersey in 05 so they made a deal. Handshake between team dr and UCI..

where did you see that quoted?
  • thomthom
    Leinders spoke with UCI in 2005 and kept Rasmussen in the Tour despite of tests that weren't acceptable.

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Cykling/2013/10/30/153222.htm
  • Dave (Dim) ‏@dimspace 1m
    The Rabobank 2007 Tour Squad. Menchov, Boogerd, De Groot, Dekker, Flecha, Freire, Niermann, Rasmussen, Weening

Weening... One of the very few dutch riders who ever wins anything in grand tours... Sure hope Rasmussen saw it all wrong!
  • tailwindhome
    ThomThom wrote:
    Leinders spoke with UCI in 2005 and kept Rasmussen in the Tour despite of tests that weren't acceptable.

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Cykling/2013/10/30/153222.htm

ta
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I am naive, but surprised to see team-wide doping in 2007. I assumed it was more of an individual thing by that point.