What completely baffles you?

12345679»

Comments

• Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Energy drinks (for the general public, not cyclists). So many of them. Is everyone knackered? :?
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • How my wife can sit in silence for two hours and then fells the need to hold a conversation the moment I pick up a book or newspaper.

How my daughter can trash a bedroom in under 45 minutes.

Road planning. Especially traffic light syncronisation.

Sky channel numbering

Electricity and gas bill layouts

Why Indian call centre staff feel the need to introduce themselves as Paul, Jane etc.

White tea. Not tea with milk but white tea.

When I rearrange the furniture in my hotel room the staff feel the need to move it all back and put the remote miles from the bed.
    --
    Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Why, just because you have a specific, oft repeated destination for your cycle ride, your IQ has to diminish :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    How some people can lie. Casually, easily and repeatedly. Without batting an eyelid.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • team47b
    ...and they are not even politicians!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    How some people can lie. Casually, easily and repeatedly. Without batting an eyelid.

I can do this. I choose not to, but I can.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Why is it that a minute maximum effort on the bike seems to be far longer than a minute rest?
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Pross wrote:
    Why is it that a minute maximum effort on the bike seems to be far longer than a minute rest?
    Relativity!
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Yesterday I was in my car and about to turn at a junction, but I saw a fellow cyclist so I stopped to let him cycle past first. As he drew level, he hesitated and shook his head in a disapproving and unfriendly manner.

What did he want me to do? Run him over?

We cyclists moan about car drivers causing us injury. But when I did not turn left, cutting him up on my nearside and crash into him... he protested about it. You can't please everyone.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    ben@31 wrote:
    Yesterday I was in my car and about to turn at a junction, but I saw a fellow cyclist so I stopped to let him cycle past first. As he drew level, he hesitated and shook his head in a disapproving and unfriendly manner.

He shouldn't have looked unfriendly, so he loses points for that. But . . .
    If he was going the same way as you and the plan was for him to pass you on the left before you turned, he'd be nuts to try it. If he was coming the other way and wanted to turn right, and you were letting him go ahead and do it, he's just playing by the rules in not going for it. Right of way exists to make things predictable - you can wave people out or flash your lights at them, but you can't legally cede right of way to them. If anything goes wrong, it's usually the person who's been "let go" who suffers, and they're also, legally, in the wrong because they're going ahead when they don't have right of way.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    team47b wrote:
    Why, just because you have a specific, oft repeated destination for your cycle ride, your IQ has to diminish :D
    Talking of specific, often repeated destinations, I commute every day by bike and haven't noticed a drop in my IQ 8)

Oh wait a min, you're talking about commuters aren't you........... :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    The trick to good lying is to believe your own lies. That way it's not strictly lying.

Tony Blair is/was the king of self deception.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47b
    unfortunately he wasn't only deceiving himself :D
  • what baffles me is cyclists (often commuters) who feel a high viz vest is a sufficient substitute for a decent set of lights!
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Giraffoto wrote:
    The whole process of buying and selling houses. Way too complicated.

I know someone that just sold a house and it took 6 months and that was at a knock down price, the guy buying it even said he had not seen a better deal in months and months of looking.

So the guy really wanted the house at that price, the seller really wanted to sell it... then you have to go through solicitors and 50,000 laws.

Honestly if I ever sell a house I will just sell it lol, no solicitors, nothing. He pays you the money, you give him the keys, its sold. If anyone then says "This isn't your house" the owner would have a letter from me signed that says it is now his house, so it is. No one can dictate that.

In Japan it probably takes a few days lol. If your train is late more than 1 minute you get a refund on your ticket in Japan. Imagine that on UK trains.

We are stuck in the dark ages.