What completely baffles you?

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Lazy feckers who, despite having had 3 days to do so, haven't bothered clearing the snow off their cars and then drive at 80mph down the motorway shedding chunks of 8" thick compressed snow behind them. I've even seen several cars going around with just a viewing slot in the windscreen. They obviously haven't been out at the weekend so why not spend 10 minutes just brushing the snow off their cars? They're probably the same lazy gits that wait until someone else clears the street for them before they suddenly remember they urgently need to take their car out.
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Even the less lazy ones that clear the windows but still leave 2 inches of snow either side of the pillars leaving a huge blind spot.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • Pross
    Feltup wrote:
    Even the less lazy ones that clear the windows but still leave 2 inches of snow either side of the pillars leaving a huge blind spot.

It's the ones that clear everything except the roof that do my head in, no concern for the safety of other road users. Hopefully they'll have it slide over their windscreen on a completely empty road just before a tight bend!

I'd have great fun if I was a traffic cop in this weather, I'd be booking dozens of drivers.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Pross wrote:
    Feltup wrote:

It's the ones that clear everything except the roof that do my head in, no concern for the safety of other road users. Hopefully they'll have it slide over their windscreen on a completely empty road just before a tight bend!

I'd have great fun if I was a traffic cop in this weather, I'd be booking dozens of drivers.

Like the chap on the M4 this morning doing about 35mph with nothing but the path of his wipers cleared. Bonnet, lights, roof, side windows, rear window - all completely covered. Twit :x
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Me.
  • Just for the benefit of Pross:

BBFCl5GCAAAq8Cq.jpg

:twisted:
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Weather men on the telly who start off by telling me what weather I have had that day. FFS I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS THERE!
  • Pross
    Just for the benefit of Pross:

BBFCl5GCAAAq8Cq.jpg

I'm just hoping the police track him down and ban the f&^%wit!
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Pross wrote:
    Just for the benefit of Pross:

BBFCl5GCAAAq8Cq.jpg

I'm just hoping the police track him down and ban the f&^%wit!

Spanner. :roll:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • The fact that the word shark looks like a shark.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    How Jens still does it.

Why Bruce Forsyth still does it...
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Peddle Up!
    The fact that the word shark looks like a shark.

What? WHAT?? :shock:
  • Gadge
    Gadge Posts: 135
    I love this thread and have laughed at quite a few of them...out loud

Haven't time to solve them all the problems for all you baffled people but this one deserves an answer ....

"Another one, Why I can have so many friends that are girls, but not get a girlfriend..."

Doh.... You are a GIRL obviously!

PS I don't understand what my wife is so moody about 99% of the time, although I do seem to be involved in some minor ill defined way ;-)

}-shark)))*> :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • mwf28
    mwf28 Posts: 37
    Why is the kid crossing the road at the zebra crossing dressed as a banana !! I have sleepless nights about it,am i missing something or is it subliminal advertising??? :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVcKzhVKaM0
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    mwf28 wrote:
    Why is the kid crossing the road at the zebra crossing dressed as a banana !! I have sleepless nights about it,am i missing something or is it subliminal advertising??? :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVcKzhVKaM0

I've heard that weird adverts are a clever advertising trick, as they get people talking about them. Like people discussing "Have you seen that Cadburys advert where there's a gorilla playing the drums''?

If it was normal, nobody would talk about it.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Peddle Up!
    team47b wrote:

}-cabbage)))*> :roll:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    (((onion)))) :roll:
  • People that press the button on a pelican crossing then look up to see no traffic and cross thus allowing the lights to eventually turn red and traffic having to stop and wait for nothing :twisted:

Where has all the money the banks lost gone?

Why do I still look at new bikes and bits even though I have 3 perfectly good bikes?
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Why do Ritter think that their chocolate is sporty??
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • natrix

Brilliant, the bottom of the 's' is the mouth, the top of the 'h' is the dorsal fin, the 'a' and the 'r' are the body and the 'k' is the tail!! That is fantastic 8) 8)

The word bed also looks like a classic bed – it has vertical posts at either side and the letter e is the centre.

Then there's the musician eYe. (If you’re a fan of experimental noise music, you’ll know him as a member of cult Japanese band Boredoms.) The cool thing about the word eYe is it looks like a pair of eyes with the capital letter Y representing the bridge of the nose........................
  • Peddle Up!
    natrix wrote:

Brilliant, the bottom of the 's' is the mouth, the top of the 'h' is the dorsal fin, the 'a' and the 'r' are the body and the 'k' is the tail!! That is fantastic 8) 8)

The word bed also looks like a classic bed – it has vertical posts at either side and the letter e is the centre.

Then there's the musician eYe. (If you’re a fan of experimental noise music, you’ll know him as a member of cult Japanese band Boredoms.) The cool thing about the word eYe is it looks like a pair of eyes with the capital letter Y representing the bridge of the nose........................

In which case you might enjoy this :)
  • natrix
    Peddle Up! wrote:

The ink blot test results said I was a pyschopath, I think it was a spelling mistake and meant to say that I'm a cycle path :D:D
  • People who have their aftermarket satnav on all the time. Even when they're going home, or taking the kids to school. Do they not remember where they live? Or where the school is? Baffling.

Why women ask you to do something, then either (a) complain you haven't done it right or (b) you find them re-doing it to their (presumably) more exacting specification, half an hour later. Baffling.

This
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Peddle Up!
    natrix wrote:
    Peddle Up! wrote:

The ink blot test results said I was a pyschopath, I think it was a spelling mistake and meant to say that I'm a cycle path :D:D

excellent.jpg
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    team47b wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    (((onion)))) :roll:
    The shark has gills and the onion has layers!

This is brilliant work :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    After years, decades even, of never eating an orange, I recently walked past some in the supermarket and thought I'd try some only because my packed lunch was looking rather bare. Now I'm hooked on the golden balls of vitamin C goodness.

What baffles me is... What's the difference between a

- Mandarin
    - Clementine
    - Satsuma
    - Tangerine
    - Jaffa

And if you shop at Tesco what defines wether an Orange is classed as a large Orange, a giant Orange or an Everyday Value Orange? What is the magic diameter figure when a Tesco orange gets promoted from large to giant?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • team47b
    Tangerine, clementine and satsumas are all varieties of Mandarin, there are hundreds of variations/cultivars/hybrid/cross pollinated varieties, these are just the well known ones.

What's 'Tesco' :D
  • nehal
    nehal Posts: 18
    What baffles me?

Cycling ninjas at night who are wearing all black with a pathetic excuse for a bike light (all it takes is to replace the battery...) who then go ahead and jump the red lights. Its really just an accident waiting to happen.
  • team47b
    Stanley222 wrote:
    Why is orange jam called marmalade?!

The word marmalade comes from the French, the French didn't call an orange an orange they called it a marmalatice.

Here in Portugal the quince (a sweet furry apple) is called a Marmello and the 'jam' is called Marmelada, the stuff to which you refer is called 'geléia de laranja' here or orange jam!

But the Portuguese did teach the English how to make the toast to put it on :shock: