What completely baffles you?

Comments

• Peddle Up! wrote:
    Light
    That one gets me....
    Turn a light off and it goes dark instantly....where did it go ?
    I DO understand the principle really, light decays quickly. So, how come we can see light from distant galaxies, light from stars that died billions of years ago.
    That bit blows my mind.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    centimani wrote:
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    Light
    That one gets me....
    Turn a light off and it goes dark instantly....where did it go ?
    I DO understand the principle really, light decays quickly. So, how come we can see light from distant galaxies, light from stars that died billions of years ago.
    That bit blows my mind.

And that's just the start of it! :shock:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Foyle's War is still being made.

Hunted has been axed.
  • Why it becomes so important to win an argument with a complete stranger on internet forums... :cry:
  • Drumlin
    Drumlin Posts: 120
    What baffles me is that as a child I wasn't baffled by anything but with the knowledge and experience gained from every passing year as I get older I seem to get more and more baffled. Practically everything baffles me now and I'm not even 50 yet :?
    Would welcome company for Sat rides west/south of Edinburgh, up to 3 hrs, 16mph ish. Please PM me if interested/able to help.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Drumlin wrote:
    What baffles me is that as a child I wasn't baffled by anything but with the knowledge and experience gained from every passing year as I get older I seem to get more and more baffled. Practically everything baffles me now and I'm not even 50 yet :?
    I'm 53, trust me, it gets worse!
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Why the 'universe' exists...... - I really do find that question quite unsettling when it hits me in full clarity.
  • Foyle's War is still being made.

Hunted has been axed.

This baffles me also, they're both shite so why not axe both?
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Why can't they test chemicals on prison inmates instead of animals? I don't mean some person who stole cake from a shop, I mean convicted murderers, rapists, etc. Stop testing on animals ffs... grr
  • Estate agents making lots of money.

Mgnetism.

Chicks.

Johnny Vaughn and popularity.

The British Banking system and all of it connotations.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Bunneh wrote:
    Viewing figures are worked out by giving a small demographic of people a set-top device that records what they're watching. They then apply that to the entire country. That's what they used to do anyway.

They look through the gap in your curtains nowadays.
  • Women. There isnt really a users manual - and if you do look for a users guide on the internet you get accused of being a perv. :cry: :shock: 8) :?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Mettan wrote:
    Why the 'universe' exists...... - I really do find that question quite unsettling when it hits me in full clarity.
    On that subject, the fact that space is endless, infinate, the human mind just isnt capable of imagining it.
    As a kid when i first started thinking about it, i rationalised it by imagining all of space in a box...but then i immediately thought...whats on the other side (or the outside) of the box ???
    That fooked that one straight away.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    My daughter - she can take a cd or dvd out of it's cover but is incapable of putting it back in the self same cover! Putting her rubbish in the bin, nope, Getting the school bus, too complicated! Leaving the cat alone despite being told EVERY day not to tease/annoy it. Getting her clothes out but not putting them back - no can do! Yet is doing well at school! Age? 12 years old.

How some f*cknuts at work who are totally useless but keep getting promoted!
    Why my missus watches so much crap on telly, Jeremy Kyle anyone?

I could go on but don't want to bore you all.....................
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    The Only Way is Essex. I mean, what exactly am I watching? It's obviously fake, but not 100% fake, so it's not a drama but it's not reality TV either. What's the point of it? And why does anyone watch it more than once?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    How the hell can people start smoking these days, when everyone knows just how it can devastate your health?

How is it that the knuckle-dragging cretins who appear in Tool Academy (and I know they are knuckle-dragging cretins from seeing the trailers) can earn as much as a teacher would in a year?

How is it that rugby union has become slower and crappier over the years but at the same time more popular?

Will we ever reach the point at which the human mind can be uploaded onto a computer?

Why do people get themselves into debt amounting to tens of thousands of pounds to get a Media Studies degree from the University of Polytechnica?
  • Drumlin
    Drumlin Posts: 120
    How come M and his/her colleagues only ever refer to James Bond as 007, as if his identity is a massive state secret, but for the last 60 years he's been introducing himself to baddies the world over with his real name. We know its his real name because that's how his family's gamekeeper addresses him in Skyfall.

Whilst on the subject, who on Earth would name a Highland lodge with such a naff name ? They could at least have translated it into Gaelic.
    Would welcome company for Sat rides west/south of Edinburgh, up to 3 hrs, 16mph ish. Please PM me if interested/able to help.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    The rainbow.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Pairing socks.
  • Life! - had a quick look and nobody else seems to have the same problem...........
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Swearing. Why do people find the word c*nt so offensive, but not the expressions front bottom, lady garden etc

We have been programmed to find it offensive. Anyway, I'm off. See You Next Tuesday.
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    People that don't know how to use an iPhone - they are the simplest things to use - even my technophobe mother gets it.

Religion - starts wars doesn't it? That's it?

4 way crossroads in USA/Canada - who the hell goes first?

Driving in any Asian country - its just bizarre.

Commuters who jump red lights to get in front of me, before being caught 30 seconds later.

How planes stay in the sky... I know the physics (very roughly) but how something that heavy stays up there is amazing.

One direction..... morons

why I never seem to ever get a tailwind... yet headwinds are endless

Trying to think what life would be like today if suddenly the internet vanished - what the hell would we all do?
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • GiantMike
    It baffles me that there is more than 1 religion, and they believe different things. Surely if there is a God he'd have a clear and coherent message and wouldn't rely on some weirdo in a fancy dress outfit to interpret the divine message for you. This has to be the worst case of corporate branding ever.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Why some women fall for absolute horrible guys (in every sense). Then a month later these women say how they are feed up of being hurt, messed around and how bad men are.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • People who put bikes on a rear bike rack and don't secure them properly, before driving off leaving three bikes in the road and don't notice for an hour. Maybe I am just paranoid but if I cannot see the bike in the rear view mirror I stop to check.
  • GiantMike
    People who put bikes on a rear bike rack and don't secure them properly, before driving off leaving three bikes in the road and don't notice for an hour. Maybe I am just paranoid but if I cannot see the bike in the rear view mirror I stop to check.

Ooh, harsh!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Hunted has been axed.
    Wtf!! Hunted was the best thing on telly :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    pauldavid wrote:

Hunted has been axed.

This baffles me also, they're both shite so why not axe both?
    How dare you!
  • seanoconn wrote:

Hunted has been axed.
    Wtf!! Hunted was the best thing on telly :(

Hunted wouldn't have been the best thing on the telly even if the remote was broken and it was stuck on that channel. :roll:
  • seanoconn
    ben@31 wrote:
    Why some women fall for absolute horrible guys (in every sense). Then a month later these women say how they are feed up of being hurt, messed around and how bad men are.
    As long as the guys are confident it doesn't matter how horrible. Law of the jungle baby.