Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pauldavid wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Foyle's War is still being made.

Hunted has been axed.
    Wtf!! Hunted was the best thing on telly :(

Hunted wouldn't have been the best thing on the telly even if the remote was broken and it was stuck on that channel. :roll:
    It was like Bourne only with Angel from Home and Away. What's not to like!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    When I unplug the telly, why doesn't electricity spill all over the carpet? :?
  • seanoconn wrote:
    pauldavid wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Hunted has been axed.

Hunted wouldn't have been the best thing on the telly even if the remote was broken and it was stuck on that channel. :roll:

Bourne needed more than a pretty face to make it any good, and the pretty face in question had an expression on it that looked like she needed a couple of Ibuprofen. Miserable cow, poor telly!
  • seanoconn
    pauldavid wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    pauldavid wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Hunted has been axed.

Bourne needed more than a pretty face to make it any good, and the pretty face in question had an expression on it that looked like she needed a couple of Ibuprofen. Miserable cow, poor telly!
    I'd like to see your expression after you'd been betrayed by people you trusted and shot in the belly whilst pregnant.

Have a heart!
    Brilliant telly! :P
  • seanoconn wrote:
    pauldavid wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    pauldavid wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Hunted has been axed.

I'd like to see your expression after you'd been betrayed by people you trusted and shot in the belly whilst pregnant.

Have a heart!

You do realise it's not real don't you?

The good news for you is that the same actress is appearing in Robin Hood over christmas playing the mighty oak, the director has been quoted as saying " we're all so pleased to have her in the production, never in my wildest dreams did I believe we would get someone with acting so wooden. Now where did I leave the Ibuprofen?"
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Browsing through the Christmas Radio Times and finding that a favourite film is on and looking forward to watching it EVEN THOUGH WE ALREADY HAVE IT ON DVD! :roll: :roll:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • seanoconn
    pauldavid wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    pauldavid wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    pauldavid wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Hunted has been axed.

Have a heart!

You do realise it's not real don't you?

The good news for you is that the same actress is appearing in Robin Hood over christmas playing the mighty oak, the director has been quoted as saying " we're all so pleased to have her in the production, never in my wildest dreams did I believe we would get someone with acting so wooden. Now where did I leave the Ibuprofen?"
    It's not real??

Oh I see where this is coming from. If the lovely Miss George was out of my league I'd be bitter too :wink:
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    seanoconn wrote:
    pauldavid wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    pauldavid wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Hunted has been axed.

Have a heart!

My facial expression would probably not be "pouty"

I like Angel from Home and Away and I like Claire Danes from Homeland, but which is the best secret agent.
    There's only one way to tell......
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Touchscreen laptops. Why? :?
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Why Bruce Sprinstein is 'The Boss', when he's mediocre at the very best, and what he finds so funny at the end of "Santa Claus is coming to town".

The older I get, the better I was.

• Peddle Up! wrote:
    Browsing through the Christmas Radio Times and finding that a favourite film is on and looking forward to watching it EVEN THOUGH WE ALREADY HAVE IT ON DVD! :roll: :roll:

Conducted this yearly ritual last night, only to find that its probably the worst year of Christmas telly ever. I barely even used the yellow highlighter.
  • Robbie Williams.
    How the flying fook has this guy made a living out of being a singer.
    He must be the luckiest man alive.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    I posted the same thing at the weekend, Jonesy but for some reason it disappeared.

He's no88y single was on the radio. Utter ga$h.

And a hero to men as well as women. When I ask someone what music they like (male) and they mention him I start to think of ways to be somewhere else fast.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but .......
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    Boris and how can anyone vote for him.

Career politicians

lack of empathy in some people

Strong religious belief

life, death and the universe - what's it all about?
  • Cling film. Grrr.

...and the names that children get burdened with these days. What's wrong with John or Sarah?
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Women. Strange beasts, unfathomable.
  • Why women want to talk afterwards. :?
    I may be a minority of one but that doesn't prevent me from being right.
    http://www.dalynchi.com
  • Anything that concerns space and the universe. Just cannot get my (tiny) mind around the scale of the bloody thing.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Android versus iPhone versus windows versus ............. blah blah blah blah
  • I've just listened to the shipping forecast, why????????
  • people who like Shimano............
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    johnfinch wrote:
    How is it that rugby union has become slower and crappier over the years but at the same time more popular?

Is it more popular? Maybe on TV or for international matches (although you could have sold out the old Arms Park / National Stadium) several times over before the larger Millenium Stadium opened). I started watching Pontypool in the mid 80s and the ground would be full every week, about 6,000 people and that excluded those who jumped the tape. You could get similar crowds midweek for 'friendlies' against the big English sides. Most of the other big Welsh sides would have had similar numbers so say 8 - 10 teams). I won't use Pooler's current gate (less than 1,000) as they have been in decline over the years but if you look at the top level now there are 4 regions and their average attendances are slightly higher so the overall numbers watching are probably down by about 25% at weekends and there are very few midweek matches. There are probably only about 3 or 4 club sides left that can attract a gate of over 1,000 every week.
  • Barry Scott baffles me, as does his shouty adverts.

Currently being aired on Cable TV is along the lines of "wow, you can't beat a bit of turbo power for a speed thrill", which is a tenuous link to a slightly improved cleaning product.

Quite why he delivers this line sat in an unconvincing replica of a SEPECAT Jaguar - which has neither turbochargers, nor was in any way considered powerful (it could barely take off with combat loading) - in a hanger whilst wearing an air-traffic controller's headset is baffling.

We then cut to a shot of a hand wiping away some unconvincing limescale. Presumably this pretend limescale isn't in the sink in the hanger.

At some point Barry shouts at the camera again.

I fully understand the reverse psychology of crap adverts, but the trick to them is to make it look like you're not actually trying to be anything other than crap. Barry Scott is trying his best to be good.
  • Beats me why anybody actually watches all the shite on telly that calls itself 'reality tv'
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Beats me why anybody actually watches tv

FTFY :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Santa Claus!!! He's almost too good to be true....
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Nope, still don't get 'hair of the dog' but grateful for the viewing figures explanations.

Why people pay over the odds for food at M'Way service stations etc.

Why Cain in Emmerdale was/is considered to be 'a bit of a dish' - he has greasy hair and a bad complexion.
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    Twitter. Facebook. The total obsession with mobile phones. And forums actually, why am I here?
  • Capt Slog wrote:
    Why Bruce Springstein is 'The Boss', when he's mediocre at the very best, and what he finds so funny at the end of "Santa Claus is coming to town".

People that don't appreciate Bruce! :wink:
  • People who don't secure 3 bikes to the back of a var in the howling wind and rain, lose bikes and don't notice for an hour and then wonder if someone finds them for them is it theft ? :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...