Paul Kimmage.....

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage · 13m
    Spent three hours in Monaco with this guy on Wednesday.

BrOtX7YIEAAlfJS.jpg

Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage · 10m
    The first instalment will be published tomorrow in the Sunday Independent.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Feed him to the snake, Froomey.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Interesting move from Froome.

Imagine his disciples if he has a positive view of him (unlikely)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:

I imagine the general tone of the article will be that Froome is not living up to the promises of transparency and is failing to assure the public by not living his life with the openness of a Kardashian. And why is this? etc, etc. Reasons from Froome presented as defensive.

Structure of the article. Introduction mostly about Kimmage and his doubts. Plenty of editorialising and impressions. Some out of context statistics. A couple of bland quotes and a finale in which Kimmage is left with as many questions as he started. Sod all about anything not doping related.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

I imagine the general tone of the article will be that Froome is not living up to the promises of transparency and is failing to assure the public by not living his life with the openness of a Kardashian. And why is this? etc, etc. Reasons from Froome presented as defensive.

Structure of the article. Introduction mostly about Kimmage and his doubts. Plenty of editorialising and impressions. Some out of context statistics. A couple of bland quotes and a finale in which Kimmage is left with as many questions as he started. Sod all about anything not doping related.

Froome might not be open but Coco Froome is all over the inter webs. She's the Kardashian of pro-cycling cats. Koko Kardashian if you like.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.

Froome might not be open but Coco Froome is all over the inter webs. She's the Kardashian of pro-cycling cats. Koko Kardashian if you like.
    As soon as Michelle's back is turned Coco's going inside a snake.
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:

As soon as Michelle's back is turned Coco's going inside a snake.

*squeak*
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage · 13m
    Spent three hours in Monaco with this guy on Wednesday.

BrOtX7YIEAAlfJS.jpg

Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage · 10m
    The first instalment will be published tomorrow in the Sunday Independent.

what is going on in this picture? :?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Froome, Kimmage, and a doggie went on a 1920s seaside holiday.
  • RichN95.
    RideOnTime wrote:

what is going on in this picture? :?
    I think it's from Rouleur magazine when Ned Boulting did an interview with him.
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    You're right, it is

rouleur-39_2_1024x1024.jpg
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    Froome looks like he's about to take on The Guns Of Navarone soon
  • iainf72
  • RichN95.
    edited June 2014
    iainf72 wrote:
    Where do people get the idea that Sky had a no TUE policy? All they said is they won't use it for pollen (Presumably because it doesn't make the pollen go away).

And as for idea of Vaughters dropping out rather than having an injection for his bee sting being 'the standard' of ethics. Well now it's the actual rules.
  • iainf72
    It's actually pretty good so far.

Standard Kimmage but still....
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    iainf72 wrote:

Standard Kimmage in that it is as much if not more about Kimmage than the person he is actually interviewing?
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Where do people get the idea that Sky had a no TUE policy? All they said is they won't use it for pollen (Presumably because it doesn't make the pollen go away).

And as for idea of Vaughters dropping out rather than having an injection for his bee sting being 'the standard' of ethics. Well now it's the actual rules.

This is something that is puzzling me too. When Lionel Birnie reported in 2011 they got a TUE for Uran, I don't remember people freaking out?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    iainf72 wrote:

Very interesting indeed.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    It is worth noting that PK is a prick and Contador is not a cheat.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    Kimmage: "The 'White Kenyan' has a nice ring to it?"

Shudder. No it blooming doesn't Paul. It no more has a nice ring to it than The Black Brit has a nice ring to it.

Ugh and the discussion at the beginning with Ann. I really detest Kimmage.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552

Right.
  • RichN95.
    You will be surprised to find out that I agree with you (sort of). And on the second bit too (my thoughts on the first part are well documented).
    While Contador has been banned and has a gaggle of dodgy associates, there's not that definitive piece that allows anyone to confidently call him a cheat. I may very well think he has been (and even may still be), but I dodn't think you can state it as though it is a fact.
    But that's a different discussion.
  • frenchfighter
    Not sure why Cound and Froome are so defensive about the TUE issue.
    So he had an issue where he wasn't ill but suffering from an asthma induced breathing issue. So he takes a performance enhancing drug to resolve this but that is ok because it condoned by the UCI.

Well to me the issue is quite clear. I am sorry that you had that asthma issue and I am sorry that I wouldn't get to see the second best stage rider compete in Romandie, but at the same time I do not want you in the race with a drug we cant be sure whether has simply, stopped your breathing issues, or actually in addition enhanced your performance.

I dont really care whether it was Sky's policy or not and this is a contravention of that or not. Those policies should not be set in stone and it is already quite clear that Sky are just full of PR BS. After all Chris is here to race not be an upstanding citizen.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    You will be surprised to find out that I agree with you (sort of). And on the second bit too (my thoughts on the first part are well documented).
    While Contador has been banned and has a gaggle of dodgy associates, there's not that definitive piece that allows anyone to confidently call him a cheat. I may very well think he has been (and even may still be), but I dodn't think you can state it as though it is a fact.

:D
    Contador is the Greatest
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RichN95 wrote:

:D

It is a fact, but you can't state it as a fact as the absolute evidence isn't there. We all know that he has though, otherwise why was he on Fuentes' books?

You don't need to answer this as I can't be bothered to argue.
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah exactly we wont go into it. It has been done to death and Contador still hasn't been shown to be a cheat.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    An article on "Froome's Secret Battle" from today's Mail on Sunday: http://goo.gl/5wsRoS

One for the doubters of course but germane.

BTW, I enjoyed PK's Indy article. He's a good writer. Still, as one of last year's donators I occasionally wonder how and where my little contribution to his well-being went. A good cause? :roll:
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • iainf72
    One thing PK and I now have in common is I also didn't realise what a tough upbringing Froome had until I read the book.

I think the PK faithful might be feeling a bit bruised after the first part of the interview.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    mercsport wrote:
    BTW, I enjoyed PK's Indy article. He's a good writer.
    Yep, I agree. I just wish he wasn't so full of bile and hate and inaccuracy in his social media writings
  • d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    Why is his missus in the interview? Mental.